Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Wifi Problem

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #

Wifi Problem

Hello! I have a 7' tablet, AmeriStyles, Running Google 1.5, rockchip version 1.2.7
    and I like it but I have trouble with the wifi. Initially, it connects, but after a few minutes
    it loses the connection. It will reconnect once or twice, but then I get no connection at
    all. This happens at work and on my Netgear router at home. Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Will
    "Relax! It's too late to panic."
    wmc

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    7" smartpad CL-ARMM1A
    Hi Willcnow
    Two things come in mind regarding your issue...
    1.Since that this is a small device the antenna is as well... on my tablet, at only about 15', and 2 walls from the router i do have only 1/3 bar, and right beside i do have 2/3 bar strenght, so maybe the distance could be the issue.
    2.An old 2.4 Ghz wireless phone, will simply cut the router wifi signal, get a 5.8Ghz wireless phone with or without dect 6.0.
    regards

1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    i have the same problem..maybe anyone can help me.
    i have 10" android 1.5 with WIFI (Marvel8686,SDIO,802,11G; 3G moudule evdo,tdsdcdma,wcdma), I've Positioned the wifi on, but it's still not working or to be connected.

please look this picture..every time i tried, there are has some notification like that this..anyone can help me...what is the meaning...please help me. thank you
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	2648 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	86 Name:  Image2.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  21.4 KBName:  image3.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  81.9 KB

Member #
    Dear Dewa,
    The symbol you've circled isn't wifi at all. It's the symbol for G3, which the tablet doesn't have. You need to go to wifi settings,
    and it will tell you which networks are available - then connect. Once you're connected there will be another symbol next to the
    G3. It sort of looks like an ice cream cone.
    Best,
    Will
    dewa thanked this.
    "Relax! It's too late to panic."
    wmc

1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    dear willcnow...
    glad to hear your reply..i've tried your tips, but it couldn't.
    in my area is very difficult to get a signal hotspots. only in some places just providing hotspot signal. usually in restaurants, shopping centers, and in public places still do not provide.
    i have trying to contack owner the restaurant who has and provide sinyal hotspot, to tell me the IP address, but it's still can't work. he told that your wifi is on, but why can't accept the hotspot signal...?
    i've setup to the IP address, but the wifi is not respons..and I have also been tried in several places, but the same thing still happens..what caused it?

Salute..Dewa

Member #
    Does anyone with a ZT180 been able to connect to WEP wifi? The epad will recognize the network and accept the key, but won't connect. Does the unit not support WEP and should I switch to WPA? Thanks.

Member #
    basicly the terms of WEP and WAP are same, but WAP had covered weaknesses WEP, so if WEP can't running, then WAP can covered it. and if your MID have WEP facility This should be able to function, my friend have it too, but his WEP can be enabled, better you change it to WAP settings. sorry if it can't work..

dewa

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

Zt-180 wep

I have the same problem, I had to change from "WEP Open" to "WEP Shared" and connection works fine, the problem is that I need to connect to "WEP Open" and hav not find a solution yet...

Developer
    Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    COBY KYROS 7015 | 7015A
    Quote Originally Posted by willcnow View Post
    Hello! I have a 7' tablet, AmeriStyles, Running Google 1.5, rockchip version 1.2.7
    and I like it but I have trouble with the wifi. Initially, it connects, but after a few minutes
    it loses the connection. It will reconnect once or twice, but then I get no connection at
    Thanks,
    Will
    Narrow your issue down with WiFi Buddy App and WiFi Analyzer app
    Start from your wireless router and see if you can get at least -40dBm?
    If not then you have issue with your wireless on your tablet

These apps are in the Mega PowerTools 2010

Note -60dBm to -40dBm is the range you want to be in. Also the lower the number the better. Range is from -100dBm to -40dBm.
    WiFi Buddy gives you some added features like you can save power or disable that feature to fix your wireless from turning off when your tablet goes to sleep.

Shown below is the WiFi Analyzer app you can change what you see on the screen It can beep/flash a green light when it's in range of your signal

PowerCode 1000 DCX
    Coby Kyros 7012, 7015, 7015a, 7016, 7022, 7042, 7125, 7126, 7127, 8125, 8126, 8127, 9742, 1042, 1125, 1126 (Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean)
    Skytex Skypad Alpha, Gemini (Ice Cream Sandwich)
    Visual Land Connect, Prestige Ice Cream Sandwich)

45x Tablets Owned/Tested/Configured/Tweaked/GUI: Running OS: 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 4.0, 4.1 | Since 2010

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

wifi

I had the same problem with ePad and HTC mob. phone. I solved that issue updating the firmware of the router Linksys

Hope will help u too

sawang

Quote Originally Posted by willcnow View Post
    Thanks,
    Will

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: