Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points 31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #

Nexus 7, Video to TV?

I am contemplating a Nexus 7, but at Microcenter a guy gave me a demonstration of Apple TV with the iPad mini. I kinda liked it because I would like the option of connecting to any TV in the house. Are there hardware devices that will do this with a Nexus?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Yes. You can connect to the tv via a cable or more specific to what you are asking wirelessly with a media streamer. There are lots of options but here is one example Wi-Fi Media lets your Nexus 7 play movies on any screen via HTC's Media Link HD (hands-on video).
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 31 days registered 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    acer a 501

Published on Nov 25, 2012 We, ENOX Holding, Hamburg, Germany, who are in Exclusive Charge of the Distribution of this TENA S+ Product-type, which will be marketed in Europe under ENOX/Enjoy Life Brand, Model No TSR-100; TV Smartphone WiFi Receiver.

Actually, it is a WiFi Receiver, with Micro Electronics, in form of a Stick, which plugs into the HDMI Input of any TV. And, through this Receiver, Videos, Films, Photos and Files can cordlessly be transmitted from any Smartphone or Tablet -- iPhone, iPad and Android Products -- to any TV, with Real Time Effect for Photos and Files and a Slight Delay for Videos and Films, not through the Receiver, but through the Smartphone.

RRP in EU 99,00 EUR.

This Brand New Product-type, the first of its kind World-wide, does open up Immense Possibilities not only for Consumers Entertainment, but, also and no less, for different kinds of Professional Use; Presentations, Demos, Education etc.

Interested European Parties and Potential European Buyers are kindly advised to contact: Ole Anton Bieltvedt oab@enoxholding.de, Óli Anton Bieltvedt oli@hedrave.com or Maike Luett ml@enoxholding.de
    “For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise.” Benjamin Franklin quotes (American Statesman, Scientist, Philosopher, Printer, Writer and Inventor. 1706-1790)

3 months registered 250 Experience Points 31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Those devices sound nice, though the second one doesn't seem available in the US. I have alse heard that there are apps if one wanted to use Apple TV with an Android device. Any experience with that?

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500
    if you have a ROKU you can use the android roku app to stream through it to your tv.
    pictures and music. No video yet but they are still working on more options.
    Roku's official iOS and Android remote apps add 'Play on Roku' to stream music and pics
    Last edited by frnkws; 02-25-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Member #
    Thanks for the info.

Ads: