Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Market downloads hanging

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color
    Quote Originally Posted by faceman View Post
    That seems to be truth.

OK, the experience gets stranger now... I tried to load up Google Talk and immediately got a message window that sync failed, password incorrect. OK, so I check out the Social tab to check if my google account has been linked. NOPE. Ok so I do that and even go so far as to sync the calendar... seems to hang but goes through. I open up Gmail and no accounts. Setup my google account again, go to open Google Talk, no accounts...

So it seems that no matter how hard I try, this thing will NOT keep any google account associated with the device. So I try to open You Tube and get an immediate reboot (short version that loads fast) and when looking at apps and open Talk - I get the "Your device has an error and will reset now" - Oh, crap. But maybe this is the start over I needed anyway.

NC goes through it's own factory restore session and boots up - except I'm being asked if I want to complete this action with 'QuickStart' or 'something i forget' which throws me for a loop. I select the second option and am introduced to the factory Nook intro video screen... I think, Cool, I can start from scratch... except its still rooted, sort of.

I have SuperUser, NookColor Tools... but no You Tube, no Google Talk, and it's all screwy.

I guess I am off to read how to do the 8 times interupt restore now to try and REALLY start over.

WTF happened to this poor little tablet?
    Do you still have the SD Card with your nooter image on it???

If so, do what I did, put the card in, and do the last part of the autonooter process...turn off the nook, plug the cable into pc and nook...and after a few minutes it will reboot on its own...it should fix the problem...and if you get the choice screen 'quickstart' or the other thing...don't pick the other thing!
    faceman thanked this.
    NookColor running CM7
    Darmeen should be spelled Darme'en (for proper pronunciation) *a holdout from my role-playing days...Everyone can call me Vic
    Revert your Nook back to stock and remove CWR
    All you young nooters out there remember to 'Wipe your caches before you flash!'
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19975069/thanks.JPG

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by faceman View Post
    That seems to be truth.

OK, the experience gets stranger now... I tried to load up Google Talk and immediately got a message window that sync failed, password incorrect. OK, so I check out the Social tab to check if my google account has been linked. NOPE. Ok so I do that and even go so far as to sync the calendar... seems to hang but goes through. I open up Gmail and no accounts. Setup my google account again, go to open Google Talk, no accounts...

So it seems that no matter how hard I try, this thing will NOT keep any google account associated with the device. So I try to open You Tube and get an immediate reboot (short version that loads fast) and when looking at apps and open Talk - I get the "Your device has an error and will reset now" - Oh, crap. But maybe this is the start over I needed anyway.

NC goes through it's own factory restore session and boots up - except I'm being asked if I want to complete this action with 'QuickStart' or 'something i forget' which throws me for a loop. I select the second option and am introduced to the factory Nook intro video screen... I think, Cool, I can start from scratch... except its still rooted, sort of.

I have SuperUser, NookColor Tools... but no You Tube, no Google Talk, and it's all screwy.

I guess I am off to read how to do the 8 times interupt restore now to try and REALLY start over.

WTF happened to this poor little tablet?
    You are stuck between a rooted and not rooted device. You need to do 8 interrupts and then factory restore device (erase and deregister). Then register, sideload and reroot. Factory restoring is crucial. I did this before without erasing and deregistering and had the same problems u r having.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Steve = Rooted Nook Color Phiremod 6.1 • Rooted Fascinate

Moderator Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    NOOKcolor on CM7 nightly w/ 1.1gHz OC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelv View Post
    You are stuck between a rooted and not rooted device. You need to do 8 interrupts and then factory restore device (erase and deregister). Then register, sideload and reroot. Factory restoring is crucial. I did this before without erasing and deregistering and had the same problems u r having.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    That's what I figured and was planning to do... except:

Quote Originally Posted by darmeen View Post
    Do you still have the SD Card with your nooter image on it???

If so, do what I did, put the card in, and do the last part of the autonooter process...turn off the nook, plug the cable into pc and nook...and after a few minutes it will reboot on its own...it should fix the problem...and if you get the choice screen 'quickstart' or the other thing...don't pick the other thing!
    I remembered that I used my 1gb card to do the rooting and still had it in that state. I did exactly that, it re-nootered (boy that sounds painful) and when it launched, I was already registered, but had to do the entire "Enable Market" steps from the process again.

THIS TIME I FOUND OUT WHERE I SCREWED UP THE FIRST TIME - AND I AM AN IDIOT.

First off, the last issue of a half rooted/half stock was solved by just inserting the AutoRooter SD and doing the rooting over again.

Second, the issue of having a Market that won't download -- this is because my Goggle Account was not properly established on the NC. (This is a result of not following the instructions completely because I thought I knew what I was doing combined with trying to do this for someone else and using a temporary Google account.)

Here's the deal. There is a step in the process at the beginning - you log into You Tube first using your WHOLE GMAIL ACCOUNT as the user name. I setup a new Google account as a temp so I can go through the root process without having to use someone elses private information. However, I created a GOOGLE account and failed to complete the creation of a GMAIL account. Thus, the first time around I signed into You Tube with my Google Account info, which is NOT a Gmail account. And realizing now that every step after this was moot and didn't really take. So, I logged into my new temp Google account setup a Gmail address, and on the fresh root of the device I logged into You Tube with the new Gmail, logged into Gmail App, synced my inbox (a step that I couldn't have done before and don't know why I missed that it didn't work as expected) then successfully opened Google Talk.

Market works just fine. Things usually do when you FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

Lesson that I learned tonight is that it is more dangerous to do something that you THINK you know how to do than to do something you DONT know how to do. At least when you don't know, you pay closer attention.
    FYI: Real life is really cracking down on me lately, if you need something please PM me here and I will reply asap. Hope to be back in full swing soon.

[LEFT][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]So You Bought a NOOKcolor, Now What? - aka The Complete Idiots Guide to their first day with a NOOKcolor
    [Step-by-Step] Installing-Updating-Removing CM7

NC @ 1.1 Ghz [CM7 nightly] mine
    NC @ 1.1 Ghz [autonooter 1.0.1] wife
    T-Mobile G1 flying on CM6.1

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 31 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color

Market problem

OK, I am sure it is a cockpit problem on my part, but, I dont see it. when trying to download an app from Market, it looks like the download starts and then after a few seconds, it stops. I have looked at my Gmail account, made sure I logged into you tube with the Gmail account (not sure what that does) checked google talk and think everything is synced. I renooted and did it all over again with the same results (
    if I am missing a step then I missed it again). any helpful suggestions? Thanks!

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    This is an older thread and the Market has newer issues now. Most likely the suggestions here have no bearing on your issues. YOu may want to also look at newer threads with Market issues as there are several that deal with recent problems.

What are you running on your Nook, <1.2 rooted, 1.2 rooted, 1.3 rooted, a custom ROM or bootable SD with custom ROM?
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads: