Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: I did a stupid thing..

Junior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #

I did a stupid thing..

I flashed Cyanogenmod7 to my NC and was messing with settings.. I changed the lock screen setting to use the menu button to unlock, rather than a slider, and of course it doesn't work. All I'm getting is the lock screen (you know with the clock and slider, but without the slider) and the menu button doesn't do anything. It still boots/reboots locked, so that didn't work..

Am I gonna have to reflash, or do you guys know something I don't? (Likely the case here)

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color Rooted
    You can try booting into recovery and installing cm7 right over top without wiping or anything. Should restore default settings. I am not sure though if it will mess anything up. I do this on droid when I want to remove a theme or add stock kernel back.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Steve = Rooted Nook Color Phiremod 6.1 Rooted Fascinate

1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    yeah, I would try that, but I was using a buddy's sd card that I don't have with me now.. I wish it was easy peasy like the droid, I do the same thing with mine...

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    NC 1/31 Rooted 1/31
    Sad to say I did the same thing the other day. Need to flash it again. Power off then back on holding the n button and you're set. If you have titanium backup and had your launcher screens saved, you can get it back pretty quickly with minimal effort. Now if you don't have CWM on your sd card, you'll need to get the sd card from your buddy.
    Last edited by mightytalldude; 03-10-2011 at 08:53 PM.
    Android has taken over the world!

CyanogenMod CM7 Nightly
    B&N NC v1.1.0_r2 Overclocked to 1.1Ghz, kernel-1100mhz-omap3630

Moderator Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    NOOKcolor on CM7 nightly w/ 1.1gHz OC
    YOu can also just download the button-remapping zip that someone made (and I can't remember where it is off hand) over at XDA that remaps one of the volume keys to the menu button and viola, you're fixed. Then I recommend changing that lock screen. You can always remove the key mapping when done if you don't want it.
    FYI: Real life is really cracking down on me lately, if you need something please PM me here and I will reply asap. Hope to be back in full swing soon.

[LEFT][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]So You Bought a NOOKcolor, Now What? - aka The Complete Idiots Guide to their first day with a NOOKcolor
    [Step-by-Step] Installing-Updating-Removing CM7

NC @ 1.1 Ghz [CM7 nightly] mine
    NC @ 1.1 Ghz [autonooter 1.0.1] wife
    T-Mobile G1 flying on CM6.1

Member #
    thanks guys. i hadn't gotten too far into the setup stuff, so it wouldn't be a huge bother to reflash it. thanks again for the help!

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Rooted NOOKcolor, HTC Aria
    Quote Originally Posted by faceman View Post
    YOu can also just download the button-remapping zip that someone made (and I can't remember where it is off hand) over at XDA that remaps one of the volume keys to the menu button and viola, you're fixed. Then I recommend changing that lock screen. You can always remove the key mapping when done if you don't want it.
    I just did the exact same thing as the OP. I'm trying to search for a fix and came across this post. Now how do I get this ZIP you speak of? I know this is an old thread, but can someone please help me with easier instructions?

EDIT: Found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=965023 Still lost, trying to figure this out on my own. I downloaded the first file. Now trying to figure out whats next.
    Last edited by jonesygirl; 09-19-2011 at 02:53 AM.
    NOOKcolor owner (Rooted)

Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color (Rooted)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesygirl View Post
    I just did the exact same thing as the OP. I'm trying to search for a fix and came across this post. Now how do I get this ZIP you speak of? I know this is an old thread, but can someone please help me with easier instructions?
    You'll have to go to the XDA-developers forum and search there. That's where the zip file is located and Faceman said he couldn't remember exactly where. Everything else you need to know is in the above posts or can be found with a quick forum or Google search. Good luck!
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    NOOKColor rooted (CM7)
    Coby Kyros 7015 rooted and running custom ROM (retired)

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Sue, I edited my above post. I found the file, and some kind of way, got it onto the nook (on my auto nooter side). It worked, volume buttons became menu and back. But when I put the cm7 card back in, the volume keys aren't doing anything again. So... I still need help. The instructions with those files over on xda seem like they might not work for cm7 on a sd card??
    NOOKcolor owner (Rooted)

Member #
    Device
    I've been working on this for over an hour and searching everywhere. I guess what I need to know now, is how do I get this file onto my cm7 card, when its locked and I can't access the card at all?

I was hoping that since it worked on my Autonooter running on emmc, I hoped it would carry over when I booted to cm7 on SD. But it didn't. Still need help

Sent from my HTC Aria using Android Tablet Forum
    NOOKcolor owner (Rooted)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: