Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By AnimaTechnica

Thread: clockwork mod status 7

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    rooted nc/rooted d1 ud 2.5

clockwork mod status 7

i can't install any roms since i keeep getting this error, it says 'assert failed, some other stuff then it says (status 7) at the end. i have cw 3.0.0.5, and i've tried the new ud and cm7

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Rooted Nook Color, Rooted Desire HD
    I'm having the same problem. I was trying to flash from phiremod v5 to the latest nightly yesterday and all I could get was this status 7. Anyone else experience this bfore and know how to fix it?

Edit: I was able to flash and new ROM by flashing Clockwork Recovery from another SD card and then flashing the new ROM from that card. Still don't know why I was getting that error though.
    Last edited by Taurus; 03-31-2011 at 07:43 AM.
    Device: NookColor
    ROM: CyanogenMod 7.0.2
    Kernel: Dalingrin's OC kernel
    Theme: Tablet Tweaked HoneyBread Alpha 4

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    It looks like you are trying to flash an ext4 ROM from and ext3 version of CWR. Try upgrading to CWR 3.0.1 which handles both ext3 and ext4 ROMs.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Droid, Haipad 701, Rooted Nook Color
    try this procedure

copied from [USER] CM7 General Discussion thread - Page 2 - xda-developers modified it for my use

1) Download an ext4 compatible bootable SD recovery from xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)
    2) Verify that the download worked. md5s are at xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)
    3) Extract the .img for the .tar.gz
    4) Burn the recovery img to an SD card as explained at NookColor Rooting - nookDevs
    5) Download the flashable zip. you can get the nightlies here CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

nightlies are daily code updates done by the CM7 team - it would typically have bug fixes, clean up, improvements etc..i would get the latest, see if it works for me and not update until i read other user feedback otherwise you'd be updating everyday . Note that CM7 is now on Release Candidate 4 so this means they have a code that is close to final

6) Download the google apps from one of the links at http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/...307-signed.zip
    7) Copy the cm7 zip (nightly) and the google apps zip to the bootable SD card you created.
    8) Unmount the SD card from your PC, insert it into your nook (assuming it is turned off).
    9) Reboot into the SD card/recovery should read version 3.0.0.6.
    10) Use the volume keys of the nook to step through the menu choices - go to mounts and storage, press the n button - under mounts Format system, data, cache.
    11) Press the power key of the nook to go back to the previous menu
    12) Select Install from zip
    13) Navigate to the CM7 nightly zip and install it (flash)
    14) select install from zip again and select the google apps zip.
    Remove the SD card.
    Reboot system.

now once you reboot wait a little for the blue CM7 logo, then you will see a green android logo - press it to start. It will ask you to log in with your gmail account - Skip this
    accept the location prompt, then click on N and Settings and go to wireless - try to connect to your network, once connected, click on Market
    in Market enter your gmail account info, and it will ask you if you want to download all the other apps (facebook, gmail, youtube etc..) just select all for now proceed

now since the release candidate (RC) is out, substitute that for the nightly mentioned above - so instead of downloaing from the link on step 5, use this link CyanogenMod 7.0 RC 4 Release Candidate for Nook Color available | Review Horizon for the release candidate

Update: if you want to add a new nightly, all you have to do is download the new nightly from step 5, and repeat steps 9 -14
    J515OP thanked this.
    Support my latest project - ACROSS TOWN - a graphic novel styled animated drama about the tragic consequences of gang violence

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    rooted nc/rooted d1 ud 2.5
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimaTechnica View Post
    try this procedure

copied from [USER] CM7 General Discussion thread - Page 2 - xda-developers modified it for my use

1) Download an ext4 compatible bootable SD recovery from xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)
    2) Verify that the download worked. md5s are at xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)
    3) Extract the .img for the .tar.gz
    4) Burn the recovery img to an SD card as explained at NookColor Rooting - nookDevs
    5) Download the flashable zip. you can get the nightlies here CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

nightlies are daily code updates done by the CM7 team - it would typically have bug fixes, clean up, improvements etc..i would get the latest, see if it works for me and not update until i read other user feedback otherwise you'd be updating everyday . Note that CM7 is now on Release Candidate 4 so this means they have a code that is close to final

6) Download the google apps from one of the links at http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/...307-signed.zip
    7) Copy the cm7 zip (nightly) and the google apps zip to the bootable SD card you created.
    8) Unmount the SD card from your PC, insert it into your nook (assuming it is turned off).
    9) Reboot into the SD card/recovery should read version 3.0.0.6.
    10) Use the volume keys of the nook to step through the menu choices - go to mounts and storage, press the n button - under mounts Format system, data, cache.
    11) Press the power key of the nook to go back to the previous menu
    12) Select Install from zip
    13) Navigate to the CM7 nightly zip and install it (flash)
    14) select install from zip again and select the google apps zip.
    Remove the SD card.
    Reboot system.

now once you reboot wait a little for the blue CM7 logo, then you will see a green android logo - press it to start. It will ask you to log in with your gmail account - Skip this
    accept the location prompt, then click on N and Settings and go to wireless - try to connect to your network, once connected, click on Market
    in Market enter your gmail account info, and it will ask you if you want to download all the other apps (facebook, gmail, youtube etc..) just select all for now proceed

now since the release candidate (RC) is out, substitute that for the nightly mentioned above - so instead of downloaing from the link on step 5, use this link CyanogenMod 7.0 RC 4 Release Candidate for Nook Color available | Review Horizon for the release candidate

Update: if you want to add a new nightly, all you have to do is download the new nightly from step 5, and repeat steps 9 -14
    i thought having 3.0.0.5 eliminated the need to boot into cw from an sd card

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    You don't need to boot from an SD card, you can do it internally if you flash CWR there. You do need to use CWR 3.0.1 though as it is the most recent and will cover you for both ext3 and ext4 ROMs.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Ads: