Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    NOOKcolor, Droid X, Droid 1

Nook will not power up...

So...I had my NookColor at full charge, turned it off...and didn't use it for approx a week now...well tonight I tried to turn.it on and I just get a message stating that the battery is too low to power on... I have been charging it for 30 minites...and i'm still getting this error message telling me to wait 15 minutes and try again...

What can I do?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color
    Let it charge for a couple hours natty...
    NookColor running CM7
    Darmeen should be spelled Darme'en (for proper pronunciation) *a holdout from my role-playing days...Everyone can call me Vic
    Revert your Nook back to stock and remove CWR
    All you young nooters out there remember to 'Wipe your caches before you flash!'
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19975069/thanks.JPG

Moderator Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    NOOKcolor on CM7 nightly w/ 1.1gHz OC
    It's one of those situations where EXTRA patience is a good thing, and by god of all gadgets - don't watch it charge... you know the NOOKcolor is just a child still and gets embarrassed if watched too closely while it "charges".
    FYI: Real life is really cracking down on me lately, if you need something please PM me here and I will reply asap. Hope to be back in full swing soon.

[LEFT][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]So You Bought a NOOKcolor, Now What? - aka The Complete Idiots Guide to their first day with a NOOKcolor
    [Step-by-Step] Installing-Updating-Removing CM7

NC @ 1.1 Ghz [CM7 nightly] mine
    NC @ 1.1 Ghz [autonooter 1.0.1] wife
    T-Mobile G1 flying on CM6.1

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Thanks guys...I let it charge overnight and its up to 70%...its just strange because it went dead within a week of being powered off, and its taking so LONG to charge back up....

1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color
    Did you actually power it off, or just let it sleep?

You would think it would hold its charge longer, but there is no telling what went on.
    NookColor running CM7
    Darmeen should be spelled Darme'en (for proper pronunciation) *a holdout from my role-playing days...Everyone can call me Vic
    All you young nooters out there remember to 'Wipe your caches before you flash!'

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by darmeen View Post
    Did you actually power it off, or just let it sleep?

You would think it would hold its charge longer, but there is no telling what went on.
    Well, I pressed the power button...then selected Power Off. Then when it prompted me that this will shut down the device, I selected Shut Down or Power Off (whatever it is) and it powered down...unless there is a problem with the Power Menu or Power Off process, I would say I actually powered it off...

In case it's relevant, I am running HC V4 2nd edition...

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color
    Quote Originally Posted by NattyBee View Post
    In case it's relevant, I am running HC V4 2nd edition...

It is probably very relevant...You are on the absolute fringe of NC OS tech...and running an OS that was pieced together from the Preview SDK emulator, and certainly not intended to be an eMMC daily driver. There isn't much we can do to help your issues...we can offer suggestions, but they are going to be pseudo-educated guesses.

Its kinda like living out in the wilderness, its hard to get good emergency medical attention from way out there.
    NookColor running CM7

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by darmeen View Post
    It is probably very relevant...You are on the absolute fringe of NC OS tech...and running an OS that was pieced together from the Preview SDK emulator, and certainly not intended to be an eMMC daily driver. There isn't much we can do to help your issues...we can offer suggestions, but they are going to be pseudo-educated guesses.

Its kinda like living out in the wilderness, its hard to get good emergency medical attention from way out there.
    Gotcha...that's pretty much what I was thinkin... but if I go over to Phiremod or stock CM7 I should be back in more normal territory right?

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color
    Oh yeah, at least those are working with the full SDK.

CM7 is the more cutting edge of those two, with daily updates...but I still believe that the phiremod beta v2 is the most stable of the custom ROM's at this point (which is why I haven't moved yet)
    NookColor running CM7

Junior Member Achievements:

Member #
    i have the same damn problem. i flashed HC v4 yesterday. fell asleep and woke up to the power low screen. i can't even get it to boot to CWR SD.

btw phiremod doesn't run stable for me, and i can't seem to rid the stupid no signal icons, it freezes everytime i change the two JAR files. The wifi sucks, my wireless N router is in my room about 6 feet from my desk and the wifi connection on my nook color in phiremod v2 v3 and v4 drops signal while in my room. If i could get around this i'd go back to phiremod in a second.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: