Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Hulu

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    None - yet

Hulu

Is there anything I can do to get Hulu.com to work with my rooted Nook Color? I tried changing the browser string in both the standard browser and Dolphin HD but it didn't work.

Is anyone successfully using Hulu with their Nook Color?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered Created Album pictures

Member #
    Device
    Dell Axim x51v windows mobile 6.1
    I understand you need Hulu Plus to play Hulu's content on a tablet. I'm not sure what else is needed.

500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Hulu blocks Android devices' access to content.
    NookColor (Rooted, CM7 7.1RC)

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    None - yet
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnijinn View Post
    Hulu blocks Android devices' access to content.
    Does anyone know why? I don't have any problem connecting with my laptop. I'm assuming a Windows tablet would work just as well. Why pick on Android?

Has anyone figured out a way to trick Hulu's servers?

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    SGTab 2 7.0
    Maybe Apple has shares? :-)
    A Kiwi Living In Houston
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Diplomacy: The ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Gone is the Nook Color but here is a couple of useful links:
    intro-so-you-bought-nookcolor-now-what-aka-complete-idiots-guide
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Bar...l_Update_Guide

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Droid, Haipad 701, Rooted Nook Color
    If you have at least 2.2 you can use playon to stream hulu
    It uses your home PC to transfixed the stream on the fly. I can access hulu n Netflix while on the go

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    Support my latest project - ACROSS TOWN - a graphic novel styled animated drama about the tragic consequences of gang violence

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootstrap Bill View Post
    Is there anything I can do to get Hulu.com to work with my rooted Nook Color? I tried changing the browser string in both the standard browser and Dolphin HD but it didn't work.

Is anyone successfully using Hulu with their Nook Color?
    There is a hacked Flash 10.2 that works with the froyo on a Gtablet. I tried it and the video was somewhat jerky. Check it out Flash 10.2 performance and Hulu Hack - xda-developers
    lschroeder thanked this.
    Nook Color with BN Rom 1.1, rooted with Auto-nooter 3.0.0;

500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    I read today that Hulu is blocking the Playbook, as well.

There are a number of sites doing this, including the tv network sites...seems like it started happening when Google Tv was released without Google having talked with the entertainment industry. In general, Tv/movie content producers and networks are dragging their feet on streaming until they have a model that will get them the most $s. This is frustrating, but not really surprising.
    NookColor (Rooted, CM7 7.1RC)

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Droid, Haipad 701, Rooted Nook Color
    could be related to DRM issues - that is why we still don't have a netflix for android that streams video

Update: [CM7][HULU] Hulu working in Opera! - xda-developers

0) Make sure you are running the latest flash and opera MOBILE browser (or Dolphin, but instructions are for Opera). This could work for other browsers, but haven't tried it on those.

1) Download the new libflashplayer.so from here.

2) Navigate to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib, then rename libflashplayer.so to libflashplayer.so.bak

2) Copy this file (make sure it's a .SO format, not .txt, etc) using adb or root explorer here: /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib

3) Change permissions to the same as the previous file:

4) [MAY NOT BE NECESSARY] Open up opera, type "opera:config", and scroll down to "User Agent", change it to a "2" (type makes it appear like a desktop).

5) [NECESSARY] Click on "User Prefs" while still in the opera:config page, and copy and paste one from useragentstring.com into the Custom User-Agent box (about half way down). I'm using this

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/534.25 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/12.0.706.0 Safari/534.25

--------------------------------------

So you can try hulu.com out now (the apk doesn't go fullscreen for me/us?), but it might be laggy. To fix we'll log in and change the default settings for video res. I assume changing this will change it for ALL devices, so I'm using one account for the NC, then another (plus) account for my desktop at home/netbook/etc.

--------------------------------------

6) Log in/create an account.
    7) Hover over your name, then click "Settings"
    8) Set "Playback Quality:" to 288p. Now save it.
    9) Watch some hulu videos!
    Support my latest project - ACROSS TOWN - a graphic novel styled animated drama about the tragic consequences of gang violence

Member Achievements:

Member #
    If you reboot your nook then you need to reload the modifed libflashplayer.so as your replacement has been wiped out by a reloading of the original libflashplayer.so file. Adobe gremlins at work! Hulu will again work after the modifed libflashplayer.so is reloaded.

Since everytime your nook is rebooted you need the modified libflashplayer.so file, sideload the modified libflashplayer.so to your sd card. Then use File Expert to copy from the sd card, navigate to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib, paste the file in this location. Let it overwrite the file. We then use File Expert to change the permissions of the libflashplayer.so file. The two last entries in the middle are the only ones that are off. This can also be used to replace the second step 2) above. The first step 2) of renaming to .bak is not necessary anymore since rebooting accomplishes that.

Note: File Expert has to be set to see the original libflashplayer.so file. You need to do this first so that you will be able to paste the file at the /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib level. The other steps in the above post do not have to be redone as they stick.

I did this to my Phiremod V6.1 ROM with ALSA installed and new OC 1300 mhz 4/23 kernel. Log into Hulu and under your setting, for playback quality use 288p. With the OC set to 1300, governor interactive, Hulu video playback will look great. There is now a 1200, 1300 OC 4/24 kernel out.

File Expert is an alternative to Root Explorer and is available from the market for free. A great alternative to side loading is using the free program SwiFTP on your nook and a client ftp on your computer.
    Last edited by lschroeder; 04-24-2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: New technique

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: