Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree4Thanks

Thread: Can't copy to /system/apps

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #

Can't copy to /system/apps

So I recently rooted my NC 1.2 with manual nooter. Everything seems to be fine but I am trying to install the amazon appstore and I am having some trouble. I download the apk to my sd card, but I cannot copy it to /system/apps. I have astro file manager, and E S File Explorer installed. I think the problem may be that I don't yet have write access for /system/apps but the option to mess with that in E S File explorer is greyed out.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    get root explorer from the market. Easily lets you change a directory from R/O to R/W and back, and provides easy cues to state. Well worth the price.
    Jornek thanked this.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Ok, so I bought root explorer and it took me all of five seconds to move it over. Thanks.

Now that it is there though, I still can't install the Amazon appstore. It tells me that my "phone" is set to block non market installs, but in my nook color tools, I have it set to install non market apps.

Any advice for this as well?

Thanks again.

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jornek View Post
    Ok, so I bought root explorer and it took me all of five seconds to move it over. Thanks.

Now that it is there though, I still can't install the Amazon appstore. It tells me that my "phone" is set to block non market installs, but in my nook color tools, I have it set to install non market apps.

Any advice for this as well?

Thanks again.
    Uncheck and recheck the box.
    Jornek thanked this.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    you said you used ManualNooter, which should support Amazon App Store...so not sure why you can't install it. Check out this thread: http://www.inspiredgeek.com/2011/04/...s-apk-enabler/ to see if your process to install Manual Nooter and theirs is the same.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member #
    I used manual nooter for stock 1.2, and I did uncheck and recheck the box. It didn't work.

Member #
    Device
    grr...ok. try downloading this: Amazon_Appstore-release.apk and see if you can install this one...
    Current Devices, ROMs:

Member #
    Device
    This is from a couple of other sources:

Go to Nook Color Tools, uncheck and recheck the non-market apps option.
    After you have done that you need to restart Titanium Backup. you will need to use the menu->more->reload application to really restart TiBu
    Current Devices, ROMs:

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    You shouldn't even have to install the apk on your own. Did you go to Amazon and provide your email? They send you a link to click on and the rest happens automatically. Do you have an Amazon account? Here are the insturctions contained in their email with the link.

Click-by-Click Guide

You need to do this only once for each device. The clicks below should take less than 30 seconds.

Click 1

Open your device Settings and click "Applications".

Click 2

If unchecked, click "Unknown sources". If "Unknown sources" is already checked, skip to Click 4.

Note: AT&T Wireless does not support the Amazon Appstore for Android. See Help for more details.

Click 3

Click "OK" on the "Attention" dialog. "Unknown sources" will now have a green check.

Click 4

Open your notifications and click the e-mail message from Amazon Appstore.

Click 5

Click the link: https://www.amazon.com/app-email. The Amazon Appstore app will download to your device.

Click 6

Open your notifications and click "Amazon_Appstore.apk".

Click 7

Click "Install".

Click 8

Click "Open".

That's it!

Sign in with your Amazon.com account and start enjoying thousands of apps for Android.

You need to do this only once for each device.
    pbrauer thanked this.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Member #
    Device
    been a while since i did mine....couldn't find all my notes! thanks
    Current Devices, ROMs:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: