Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

View Poll Results: Was This Helpful?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 83.33%
  • No

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Android market apps for PDN (Without hacking)

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    PDN

Same here!!

Please slip me a link as well!! 8-)

Nevermind! I got jiggy and bought me a BPDN and have it modded and am having =g such fun adding appz and stuff via the interwebz and coping files directly to the "spare" SDHC card I have. I am wondering about the ability to upgrade the internal card ot a 4gig or greater card and adding a 16gig i n the second slot.

Im glad i bought it even though I paid retail at BB.

It was almost someone else money so Im not sweating the cool learning experience. And now I have a droid reader that I can use to study for my CCENT and LIPC certs.
    Last edited by daspazz; 03-01-2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: I found the light!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    White Pandigital Novel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Adams View Post
    I don't mean to rain on your parade, and I honor the helpful spirit with which this is intended. But just flashing a modified FW that has Market included takes about 8 minutes, and you never have to hook up the PDN to the computer to program it again. It's cool that you can do this, and certainly useful in getting to know the device, but there really is an Easy Button for the PDN.
    I have a white Pandigital Novel running Android 2.0 (downloaded/installed from the official Pandigital website). What is the "easy" button to get the Android Market on my Novel, and also, how did "feverhost" get the Novel to run version 2.1? I would love that, because a lot of the apps I see (even on the "SlideMe" market that came loaded on my Novel) require at least 2.1 to run. One app that I would LOVE to have on my Novel is Words with Friends.

I am relatively computer-literate, but I am *not* a developer or anything like that; nor do I want to risk making my Novel unusable. Any help anyone is willing to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Member #
    Device
    pandigital novel

Question Do have instructions for flashing a modified FW (whatever that is)

I don't mean to rain on your parade, and I honor the helpful spirit with which this is intended. But just flashing a modified FW that has Market included takes about 8 minutes, and you never have to hook up the PDN to the computer to program it again. It's cool that you can do this, and certainly useful in getting to know the device, but there really is an Easy Button for the PDN.
    Do have instructions for flashing a modified FW (whatever that is)

1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    BPDN, FLYTOUCH I, IQ 701

ArchAngel's Sideloading Instructions

Arch,
    Thank you for a very enlightening forum post. I appreciate the time end effort you went through to put it together. Like many, I have flashed a ROM or two, or three or four, but have always wanted to know the process of getting to the google market without modding a device.

My mother is perfectly happy with how her BPDN looks and feels. As with most of her generation, they are quite satisfied something once they get a firm handle on a thing and do not like change.

However, she occasionally will hear of or see a GOOGLE MARKET app on my fiance's Galaxy and want to give it a try. Flashing her BPDN would drive her nuts. Now I can give her GM apps, she's keeps her sanity and I get to live yet another day as "the son with the smart fiance." Why my fiance gets the credit is beyond me.

But kudos to you Archangel. The tutorial was perfect and spot on. I learned a lot and appreciate your work. I look forward to your future posts.
    iPad 3G 64GB - Jailbroken
    Flytouch I - 2,1_88
    Pocketbook IQ 701 - Sept 2011 F/W release.

Member #
    Device
    pandigital novel black

Question ?

Happen to have a link showing how to flash a modified FW that has Android Market included ? I dont really care about the other pre-loaded APPs installed on this device anyways. Pandigital Novel 7" Black..

Thanks for your time if you are able to help.

Member #
    Device
    pandigital novel black
    Quote Originally Posted by cp50 View Post
    Do have instructions for flashing a modified FW (whatever that is)
    Did you ever get information on this for your PDN ? I am definitely having trouble finding information on this.

thanks in advance..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads: