What if any Digital Copy movies works on Nabi 2 – Can the Nabi Tablet play a Digital Copy of movie from a Blu-ray or DVD discs? I would like to put some disney movies from my Digital Copy Discs on the Nabi 2 Tablet for my kids enjoying on the go. Is it possible?
As a digital version of Blu-ray or DVD movie, Digital Copy gives you he flexibility to watch your movie anytime, anywhere. You may transfer your "Digital Copy" to your iTunes, Mac, PC and iTunes-compatible devices. Basically Digital Copies all boil down to the DRM (Digital Rights Management) which prevents you from playing them on unauthorized devices. Unfortunately, the Android devices have not get a license to play DRM contents, which means digital copy movies will not even play on Nabi 2 Kids Tablet.
In order to watch Digital Copy of movies on Nabi 2, you may have to strip DRM from the movies first and then convert Digtial Copy to Nabi 2 friendly foramt (MP4 encoded with H.264 is highly recommended). To achieve your goal smoothly, below is simple tutorial for you, guaranteed to get Digital Copy movies and Nabi 2 Tablet to work nicely.
Before anything else, you have to download an app that you're going to use later, you're required to download and install:
ChewTune (available for Windows or for Mac users) Get the Windows version here, and the Mac version here.
ChewTune is an easy-to-use yet top-ranking DRM removal software for Android. It's an intuitive and stable DRM converter to help you remove DRM protection from iTunes, Blu-ray/DVD Digital Copies, Amazon, Zune, BBC iPlayer, Napster, Blockbuster, etc. and convert videos to all popular video formats like MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, AVI, FLV, etc. for playing and sharing anywhere you like. Meanwhile the playback of the converted videos is as decent as possible as original.
The Steps to Convert and Transfer Digital Copy movies to Nabi 2
Before conversion, make sure you have transferred Digital Copy to computer (click to learn details) in Windows Media (.wmv) or iTunes video format (.m4v). And here we go with the DRM removal process.
1. Run ChewTune, drag and drop digital copy movie to the software.
2. Select output format. Click the format bar, and move mouse cursor to "Common Video > H.264 Video (*.mp4)". You can click "Settings" button to customize size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel to your required ones.
Below is optimized format settings for Nabi 2 Tablet per my experience:
After that, you can click on "Save as" to rename the profile, such as "Nabi 2 (*.mp4)". Next time, you can easily find it in "Custom" category.
3. After everything is OK, just click "Convert" button to convert Digital Copies to Nabi 2 MP4 videos. Once the process completes, you can transfer the non-DRM Digital Copy movies to Nabi 2 Tablet and enjoy them on the go.
The software works like most other DRM removal softwares I've used. If you're trying to transfer digital copy movies from Mac iTunes to Nabi 2 Tablet for playing with ease, you can follow a simple tutorail here.
1. If your movie isn't already in one of the Nabi 2 supported formats or it's still on a DVD or a Blu-ray, you can get the 20% OFF DISCOUNT Video Converter Ultimate (or the 20% OFF iMedia Converter Mac)which can help you rip Blu-ray/DVD, and convert various formats of 720p/1080p HD videos in MKV, AVI, TiVo, VOB, MPG, MTS, etc. to your Nabi 2, Nabi Tablet and other Android, iOS, Windows RT/8 os based tablets/phones for smoothly playing.
2. If you have any problem, pls contact with email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.