Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Prestigio PMP3084B
    I use the tab for a week, and I do not know what to think...
    I can download and install many applicatipon, using the SAM 4.0. But I can not quit the program a lot because it has no home button. If I want exit, I have to shut down the tab!
    In my opinion this device in 80% e-book reader and only in 20% tablet pc

G

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gmac View Post
    I use the tab for a week, and I do not know what to think...
    I can download and install many applicatipon, using the SAM 4.0. But I can not quit the program a lot because it has no home button. If I want exit, I have to shut down the tab!
    In my opinion this device in 80% e-book reader and only in 20% tablet pc

G
    You can long press Page UP button to exit apps.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lilalo View Post
    Never mind prestigio just released firmware update.
    yes, they did. With corrupted iso file. I have enough, no response from support, just ignorance - ****ty. I'm selling it.

1 year registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Yes. I also have a PMP3084B. I also couldn't install the uploaded firmware. My tablet reports; corrupted image. I asked the customer support what to do, and they told me to get the tablet to the local service center. I did that, and there they burned up my tablet while trying to update the tablet with the same corrupted firmware. They probably used some more invasive method. Now I'm waiting for the new device. I'm picking it up tomorrow. I can't wait to see if the update is applied.

Actually, the update they provided is entitled; v.2.1.2. This probably means that this isn't Froyo, but a minor update for the Eclair. And they promised Froyo. Doesn't surprise me though. Prestigio has a thing for telling massive lies.

Actually, PMP3084B is not a bad device for the price. There is nothing even close for that money, here where I live. But the way Prestigio treats the customers is almost criminal. 100% criminal is that they list several technical characteristics wrongly.

Russians.

1. First, on the website, the CPU was declared as a 700MHz. It is not, as such ARM9 Processor (Rockchip 2818) doesn't exist. When I asked Prestigio about it they suddenly lowered the CPU to 660MHz on their web. But in reality, it is most probably the 640MHz ARM9.

2. Another interesting lie is the CPU specs on the back side of the package. It says; Arm11 700MHz dual core processor. This is even more outrageous. It's not ARM11, and it most certainly isn't dual core.

3. They are advertising PMP3084B as with 4GB internal memory. But it's not 4GB. Not even close. All Device Manager apps I tried say 2.6GB.

Prestigio is a liar!
    Last edited by estugarda; 05-06-2011 at 04:29 PM.

100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    I have
    Prestigio Multipad PMP3084B

about week (exactly from czech store Prestigio Multipad PMP3084B | Alza.cz but I think there are no differences) so I decided light up some questions and complaints.
    1.ARM9 Processor (Rockchip 2818) -660 MHz but 700 on box and in stores is usual rounding
    2.This tablet isnīt very fast, display is resistance type, no very sensitive, but more robust. For type of display and slow arm processor PMP3084B is not suitable for demanding games (but Reversi or Chess are ok, for action, sport, race games is not so good)
    3.For today date is on Prestigio site upgrade to firmware only 2.1.2 MultiPad PMP3084B Tablet PC Prestigio
    Upgrade run through fluently, downloading update.img to PC-}copy to root on tablet-}restart-}upgrade autostart, running 10 minuts, everything OK.
    4.Complaints about Androidmarket - If you have no other pc or notebook, donīt buy this tablet - it is not full-featured computer.
    If you have pc or notebook,
    there are no problems . Everything what you can even imagine is downloadable, mostly for free. Download to PC, copy to SD card or connect PC with tablet, copy to memory, install.
    They are advertising PMP3084B as with 4GB internal memory. But it's not 4GB. Not even close. All Device Manager apps I tried say 2.6GB.
    4GB are right of course, 1.4 GB is system. Btw SD card 8-16GB is very cheap and slot is on device.
    Prestigio is a liar!
    Is not but you are .... not very smart.

I was looking for some eReader Kindle type first, but I think Prestigio is good choice - more powerfull device, same money.
    3rd device in my home (I have pc and ntbook) very suitable to bed or long stay on toilet, good to train or plane as reader and some games, but not so good as only one computer home or device for ultimate gamer.

rd
    Last edited by poool452; 05-09-2011 at 03:19 PM.

1 year registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by poool452 View Post
    Is not but you are .... not very smart.
    Why would I be a liar? I might've made a mistake regardkng the memory, but it would still not be a lie. Although the memory thing is not clear yet. Android and stock apps take 1.4/1.5GB? Hm...I'm yet to be convinced of that.

Now let's stick to the facts.

1. Please take a look at the scan of the back side of the package my device was shipped in:

This is not a usual rounding in stores, as you put it. This is a fabricated lie.
    As I already mentioned; it is not a dual core! It is not a 700MHZ either. It's most probably not even a 660MHz according to Rockchip website. LINK

Another interesting thing is that on their website, before people started complaining, there was also 700MHz written for this tablet. Now they changed it to 660MHz, which is also most probably not correct.

2. Considering the memory, it is still possible (altough I'm not convinced) that Android and stock apps (without music and books) take 1.4GB , but still the fact is that they have written;
    "...4GB internal flash memory - for storing Ebooks, music and more..."
    This is also a lie, since as a user, you don't have 4GB to store ebooks, music and more, but only 2.6GB. Some people might accept it, but it is still a clear lie.

3. Considering the update, prior to my purchase of this device, I sent an email to the Prestigio support team asking them if they will provide a froyo update. This was their answer (received in march) which made me decide to go for this device;

"We are expecting android 2.2 firmware upgrade in a month, so the answere on your question is yes."
    (I have a personal info of the person from Prestigio team who wrote this, but I won't disclose it at this moment)

And what update did we receive almost 2 months later? Eclair 2.1.2!

Once again; a LIE!.

PS Thank you for enlighting us on the subject of the possible use of this tablet.
    I knew exactly what a tablet is and what kind of a tablet I wanted when I was purchasing this device. I wanted the tablet with a 700MHz ARM9 CPU, 4GB of usable memory and a tablet with Froyo. All these things were promised, and none delivered.

Case closed.
    Last edited by estugarda; 05-10-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Member #

Lightbulb Weird thing with boxes

Maybe Prestigio donīt care about customers in Botswana.
    But still problem is on seller side. I had from shop all info what I need.
    My entry was reaction not only for yours complaints as you are not only one person in this thread or in universe.
    I didnīt mentioned you are liar - I mentioned you are .... not very smart, or dumb if you prefer something more specific . Now you can feel
    better.
    Rounding is usual in computer world : 1TB harddisk is 930 GB after formating, Athlon 6000+ working on 3000Mhz, 800Mhz DDR memory is going suprisingly on 760Mhz default etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by poool452; 05-11-2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Resize

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by poool452 View Post

Maybe Prestigio donīt care about customers in Botswana.
    But still problem is on seller side. I had from shop all info what I need.
    My entry was reaction not only for yours complaints as you are not only one person in this thread or in universe.
    I didnīt mentioned you are liar - I mentioned you are .... not very smart, or dumb if you prefer something more specific . Now you can feel
    better.
    Rounding is usual in computer world : 1TB harddisk is 930 GB after formating, Athlon 6000+ working on 3000Mhz, 800Mhz DDR memory is going suprisingly on 760Mhz default etc.

Pool452, don't be such a smart-ass (if I express myself with same level of communication as you). This case is simple: THINGS ARE NOT THE WAY PRESTIGIO WROTE ON SPECIFICATION AND SUPPORT IS SH|TTY. Unless your employee is Prestigio.
    Update image is not correct (written for other regional version of 3084B) and update to Froyo was a BIG LIE! Understand? A LIE!! That's not the way you treat costumers.

I bought product from Prestigio 3 times. First time, last time and never again.

Member #
    Exactly, branc!
    The situation is clear. Prestigio is ignoring all my questions and complaints. Not only mine. It is clear that they don't care about us, their customers, nor they plan to do so in future. At best. No more point in discussing that. In the end it will be Prestigio's funeral.

What I would like to discuss is how to make the most of this product once we are stuck with it. Considering the lack of professionalism and technical competence (best shown in buggy official firmware and/or firmware update), I think that there must be much more potential in this device than Prestigio got out of it. I searched the net, but couldn't find any info on rooting, modding, and ROM flashing of this device. Any ideas?

EDIT:
    Looks like automating rooting works with Universal Androot App!
    I just tried it. The process went fine.
    Let us save the day, and fix what Prestigio messed up!

EDIT2:
    Unfortunately it doesn't work. THe install procedure of the app goes well. And so does the "rooting" procedure. Superuser gets installed and available as switch in Root Explorer but nothing happens. It has no function. Not rooted. Still searching for a solution. Any ideas?
    Last edited by estugarda; 05-12-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Member #

OK

I was convinced technical level of this prestigio is better than price and I received all data corresponding to reality so I am still convinced fault is more on your local seller side (and your photo of box suggest there were abandoned conception of this tablet) not producer.
    I am still convinced you was expecting too much for your money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: