Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree17Thanks

Thread: Ematic E-GLIDE Android Mobile Internet

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Ematic E-Glide Tablet
    dear sungirl, could you please tell me how you updated the eglide firmware, the instructions are not clear and i'm running windows-7, sp-1, 64 bit. thanks, paulwayne.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    aPad 710, eGlide

eGlide - Original Firmware Update and Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by paulwayne View Post
    dear sungirl, could you please tell me how you updated the eglide firmware, the instructions are not clear and i'm running windows-7, sp-1, 64 bit. thanks, paulwayne.
    No problem! Just for reference, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit, which is why I know the CD you received with your eGlide tablet works with your OS. I copied the entire CD directly to my desktop and used the files from there.

**For anyone who might need the original firmware for the eGlide 7 inch tablet, I uploaded the image file here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fa2527...0ne/eGlide.img

And, just to make sure we're talking about the same device, here are several details to compare:

Ematic eGlide, MID, 2.1
    Firmware: v1.02_14.13-MC_EN-2011.01.13
    Kernel: 2.6.25_(V140_HY2_RHJ)
    Build number: VO.18.ECLAIR.R.zmg.20101112.142908
    Release Codename: REL
    API Level : 7
    Board: trout
    Brand: rockchip
    Fingerprint: rockchip/MID/MID/trout:2.1-update1/Eclair/eng.zmg.20101112.142908:user/test-keys
    ID: ECLAIR
    Processor: ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
    Sensors: Rockchip 3-axis Accelerometer: 3.0 mA

Now, back to your original question. I followed these instructions verbatim:
    Page 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?5t8cp3erds0p49w
    Page 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?1acj10o6e44k111

The directions are a bit confusing, especially if you've never done this before, so here they are in my own words:

1. Open the RKAndroidBatchUgrade.exe file
    2. With tablet powered off, hold down ESC key and plug into the USB port on your computer
    3. Your computer will start looking for the driver for your tablet. (you can let go of ESC key) You can follow the computer prompts, or go to your device manager and install the Windows 7 driver located in the drivers folder of the RKtools.
    4. Once you have the driver installed, RKAndroidBatchUpgrade should recognize your tablet and a box in the device upgrade area should turn green.
    5. Select image file under setting (which in this case would be the eGlide image from me or the original update image from your CD)
    6. Once selected, everything else necessary for the upgrade will be filled in automatically.
    7. Select Upgrade and sit back and wait...you will see the box change colors, or possibly go blank for a short time. The most important thing is to make sure your tablet is fully charged before beginning and don't unplug it from your computer until the calibration screen pops up on your tablet. You may think it's finished before then, (RKAndroid Batch Upgrade will say it's 100% complete and successful, but it's still working in the background.)

Do you have the original cd that came with the tablet? If so, it has the RKtools that you will need. If not, you can download them here: rktools.zip (source: from flip3547's post on Slatedroid here: How to flash a rooted ROM - SlateDroid.com)

Hope this helps you out. I'm not an expert by any means, but I will be happy to try to answer any specific questions you have...or at least point you to where you might find answers.

Good luck!

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Ematic eGlide 7"
    Sunigirl you rock!! Thanks!!
    Are you able to play AngryBirds or use Skype on the eGlide?

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Ematic eGlide 7"
    Just want to post also some of my impressions with the eGlide, and some of the issues I have found.

Charging and Battery: First time I connected the power cord to charge it, after a while, it said battery was at 2% and once I unplugged the charger it powered off saying low battery. The fix? I pushed the reset button and the eGlide came back online showing 100% battery charge. Still think the battery indicator does not work well.

Battery usage depends on the use, I checked what was consuming more battery and the "Cell Standby" shows 72% of battery usage, I know this eGlide supports the connection of a 3G dongle, but looks like even without it, some cell functions remain active all the time, not sure if the hardware has some cell phone chips inside.
    I use an application that allows to put the eGlide on Airplane mode but allows me to turn on WiFi still on this mode, battery has remain good for around 4 hours of normal usage, no big games just browsing internet and looking some ebooks.

Applications:

Angry Birds give me a white screen but no game, Angry Birds Seasons shows me the white screen and sounds but nothing else.

Skype, stuck at logging part, but nothing else, it just gets stuck there, I saw on some other forums that is a glitch on this kind of tablets.

Zinio: I got it from XDA forum, application requires 3 .apk files to install, however when I open the main application to open Zinio, the application crashes, which is too bad I want to have my magazines on this tablet.

Tango: this one works as facetime, but the application gives me an error and does not install.

Wish list: An option to turn off any "cell standby" or cell related radios. Zinio reader for this or any Android tablet, at this moment is only available to certain brands.
    A fix for the battery gauge will be nice, and also a fix to the charging issue, to stop resetting it.

As a curious thing, when I order mine on Amazon, mine came with a front camera, which is not advertised not even on the specs.
    Funny, on the eMatic page says that it has FM Radio, which I do not see anywhere.

Tech Support: I email them because my cd has some damage and I cannot read the .img file, no reply after 3 days. Thanks to Sunigirl for the help with this one.

Android Market works fine, I know this will not happen but it will be great to have an upgrade to Android 2.2 so you can move the applications to the SD Card.

Bottom line, I do like it, this is my first Android device and I really like the OS, If I can get Zinio reader for this tablet, it will be perfect, so far, I will keep it even with the issues, I'm a tech, so I'm used to deal with this glitches and I can live with that, for the price is a great device!!

Please continue posting your experience with the device!
    Last edited by kyres; 02-28-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Ematic E-Glide Tablet
    dear sungirl, thanks for the quick reply. I received my eglide on Friday and fully charged the battery. I have not used it yet because i wanted to install the update. I'm runn windows-7, home premium, sp-1, 64 bit. How do I et the device detials, I guess I must go intot he menus. I have the original CD that came with the tablet, MID drivers V1.1 What is the RKtools and why do I need them? Do i run the RKAndroidBatchupgrade.exe file on my laptop first? I'm new to the android system, please bare with me. thanks for your help. I'll get back to you. thnaks. paulwayne.

Member #
    Device
    Ematic eGlide 7"
    What comes on the cd is the same version you already have on the eGglide, there is no gain on running the update, since is not an update.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    aPad 710, eGlide
    I use the free app "Android System Information" that I downloaded from the Android Market.
    Let me know if your device matches up and I'll be happy to walk you through the upgrade process.

Member #
    Device
    aPad 710, eGlide
    Yes, what kyres said. :-)
    You may still want to familiarize yourself with the update process (not upgrade, sorry) if you are interested in trying out any custom roms or doing any modifications yourself.
    It's good you are taking your time and asking questions because you don't want to make a mistake and brick your tablet.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Ematic E-Glide Tablet
    dear sungirl & kyres. hi....I do not have to perform the firmware update on the eglide? How do i know if i have the latest firmware update installed? how do i download the free app "Android System Information" that you downloaded from the Android market?

Member #
    Device
    aPad 710, eGlide
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwayne View Post
    dear sungirl & kyres. hi....I do not have to perform the firmware update on the eglide? How do i know if i have the latest firmware update installed? how do i download the free app "Android System Information" that you downloaded from the Android market?

paulwayne - I believe the cd and instructions for installing the "upgrade" image are simply a *backup* in the unlikely event you would need to reinstall your firmware. Kudos to Ematic for including this!

I suggest enjoying your tablet and don't worry about updating anything yet. There isn't a stable Froyo (2.2) version for this tablet right now and if you watch this forum you will know if/when there is. (Don't hold your breath!)

If you want to know how to download from the market, just click on the icon and sign in with your gmail address/password and search. Once you find it, install it and you're done.

Do you have an android phone or used android before? If so, it all works the same way. If not, you should probably take some time to read through some introduction to android threads. There is a lot of good info that has already been posted...that's how I am learning. :-)

Enjoy!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads: