Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thread: z4root problem

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    MID TR718D; HTC Diamond/Froyo

z4root problem

Please HELLLP!!

I have Rockchip MID TR718D. It is bought from Lightinthebox. It is running 2.1 and I have read in a thread that z4root helped another user to root it, so I downloaded it and tried first the temp root. Almost immediately after z4root finished, I began to receive this error message on screen:

"The proccess android.proccess.acore has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again."

So I reset the device presuming that as temp root this will be fixed after the reboot. But unfortunately this error is again on my screen and I am not able to do anything , than to click on the force close button. Please help me to recover my device. It is only 5 days since I bought it. Thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by sirdoneff View Post
    Please HELLLP!!

I have Rockchip MID TR718D. It is bought from Lightinthebox. It is running 2.1 and I have read in a thread that z4root helped another user to root it, so I downloaded it and tried first the temp root. Almost immediately after z4root finished, I began to receive this error message on screen:

"The proccess android.proccess.acore has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again."

So I reset the device presuming that as temp root this will be fixed after the reboot. But unfortunately this error is again on my screen and I am not able to do anything , than to click on the force close button. Please help me to recover my device. It is only 5 days since I bought it. Thank you in advance.

Anyone , at least with a clue what can I do, please , I rely on your help!!!

l_n
    Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Mid7015
    It seems after a bit of googling that the error is related to a bad contact sync. One or more contacts have a bad value in one of their fields.

See this link:
    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2377

Member #
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by l_n View Post
    It seems after a bit of googling that the error is related to a bad contact sync. One or more contacts have a bad value in one of their fields.

See this link:
    Issue 2377 - android - "Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" - caused by data that can not be synced - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Big thanks that someone replied. Yes I read now the article, but the several posts inside describing my problem are without respovse. I suppose I will try to find how to factory reset now and if not solved will go to ROM flash. The bad thing is that I will have to use what I found in the net for similar device as I dont have my ROM img.

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Hello there, I have the same device with exactly the same problem asyours Sirdoneff.
    I was trying to do a temporary rooting using the program Z4Root, and by then i started to get the message "Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" , and every time i press on Force close button, the desktop fades away and then the error message comes back again and again!
    Well, I have no contacts in my contacts book, and also Z4Root was my first program to install on the tablet.

I wonder how can I do a factory reset for this tablet without getting into the menu and the settings inside, cuz i can't click any single icon in my tablet.
    And if you know a good Rom Flashing article for Wopad I would be appreciated.

Thanx

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Apad/MID/iRobot clone
    I have the identical problem.

I installed z4root in order to root the tablet to deactivate the phone feature. However, I struck a problem immediately after I enabled "temporary root" for the first time. I managed to enable the "USB Debug", but when I return to the Home page, the unit rebooted. I get the dreaded message "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly - Force Close" every time I restart. The rest of the screen seems to be working in the background, but, I can't access any of the icons. I think I have restore to factory setting. But since I can't get to Setting Icon, I can't restore my tablet.

I read the article, and most of the suggestion relates to error in Contact list. It would be huge coincidence if my problem relates "Contacts error". My tablet been running fine for 3 months until I installed z4root. I need to find a way to restore to factory settings.

I have a Apad/MID/iRobot clone.

Member #
    Device
    Apad/MID/iRobot clone
    Hooray. Managed to get to Settings task after I had the dominant dreaded error message "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly". From the Settings task, I could Factory Reset to default.

It's a bit of trial and error process, as I could not find a way to Hard reset from holding keys down on power up. My Apad clone don't seems to have hard factory reset.

In order to "bypass" the "Force Close" message, I pressed the blank area near the Home icon at the top left hand corner of the screen. By pressing the blank area (you may have icons of background tasks in this area), the date will appear, and you can drag the "Notifications or Services curtain" downwards to cover the screen.

The error message may reappears when you drag the Notification "curtain" downwards, but, keep persisting. In my case, the error message finally stopped appearing, and the ES Task Manager appears. And, that was the crucial stage, because the Settings task was also active in the background. By switching to it, I managed to Factory Reset my Apad to default.

It's not scientific but it worked for me. Good Luck.

Ads: