Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please help me

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    ProScan PLT8031 Android 4
    Quote Originally Posted by srgslaughter View Post
    What did you do to get the tablet to install drivers in windows. I have windows 7 home Premium and the drivers install when in normal mode but when I try to connect the tablet in debugging mode the drivers do not install. How did you resolve this issue?
    I am also having this problem I'm trying to find drivers for windows....but there is absolutely no information about this tablet any where besides the little bit here...I just hope Loganone can help. He seems good at this and the only one that knows anything about this tablet.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

3 months registered 100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    The Proscan is a Rockchip tablet (RK2918). There is a forum on here for Rockchip so refer to that forum for further help after doing these steps.

First 3 steps for this tablet. First step is on you computer only, second is on you computer and tablet. The third step can be done on the tablet only.

1 You need the drivers. This may be the longest step. I installed a program on my PC Android SDK | Android Developers . After installing that program you need to install certain packages. Open SDK manager. You will need to install at least some developer packages. I did all the automatically checked except I unchecked all in 4.1.2 and did check all in 4.0.3 since this device runs Ice Cream Sandwich. In extras you will see Google USB driver. This is what you actually need. I only installed the OS specific because I have done minor programing in windows and I might later want to learn developing for android. If downloading only the driver works reply so others don't have to wait long for the simple driver.

Now you have the driver but it isn't installed on your computer yet. Attach the tablet in debugging mode. It won't install. Go to device manger (click start, control panel, and find it in there which is different for OS's and user settings). You will find one as "Other" (I think under portable devices). Right click that and choose update driver software. Choose "browse my computer for driver software". Click browse and navigate to C:\Users\(you)\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver. It will install as a phone device, which is fine. It is just the debugging driver for android devices but it is generic so it won't work with all batch files. It can be re-written for this device but having rewritten drivers manually, I don't recommend it.

2 You will need to root to fix the wifi issue. Because I chose not to re-write the driver, the previously mentioned root tool won't work. I used Android_Root_1.0 and got it here Download Android_Root_1.0.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way . It is easy to follow. If you somehow intalled a program to allow permissions for some apps before finding this, unistall them because this will install one and you only need one. When it needs to reboot it tells you to press any key to continue. I let it boot fully and slid the lock for all reboots except one. One time I doesn't fully reboot, just the edges slightly light up. This is supposed to happen, it's rewriting boot procedures. Wait a while on that reboot, but if you click early it will tell you the device wasn't detected and tell you to press any key again.

When it is done it the window will automatically close and you can proceed to the final step.

3 From what I've seen around the web, my issue was common. Sometimes when booting up, the wifi turns off. Trying to turn on will do nothing. Keep rebooting until it connects, usually 3 or 4 times (or just stays on if you haven't set up a connection yet, in which case, do it now) Already mentioned in this thread is wifixer. Install this ONLY when you are connected to the internet. It doesn't use the internet to install but I installed it when wifi wouldn't turn on and 7 reboots later it was still not connecting, I uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed, and now I have rebooted 6 times over the last 2 days and it connected every time.

Now you are done with my recommended steps. I see some of you want google play. With this rooted tablet you really don't need it unless you want to buy one that is only on that site. Use google apps to find the names of the apps you want then search the internet (or this forum) to find the apk file to download (usually named something like product.apk) and just install it directly on the device. I know slideme and getjar didn't have some of the news apps but I found them as direct downloads, some were even on the actual site. If you do feel you need for google play, go on this forum to rockchip section and search around.

I haven't tried booting this in flash mode yet. I know with rockchip you have to push in the reset button and hold down one of the six phsical buttons but I'm not sure which one for this mode. If anyone knows, please tell me, I may use it later if I decide I want to learn developing and I don't feel like experimenting.
    Last edited by Pennam; 10-29-2012 at 11:46 AM.

31 days registered 7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    shopping for first tablet
    Loganone...Please help!! Your links are not helping me?!?!? Like Sabella, I need more specific instructions! THANKS!!

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points Recommendation First Class Recommendation Second Class

Member #
    Level
    Device
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted & ManualNooted Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB
    Moved to Rockchip RK2918 Tablets forum.
    If it's important to you, you'll find a
    way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
    If you're too busy for friends,
    You're too busy.
    Attention lurkers! Join the forum,
    and enter Spider into the referrer
    field of the application.The $0.00
    USD fee will be waived.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget
    how you made them feel.

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 3 months registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Note 2, Exhibit II, Nexus 7, Rikomagic MK802 III, Proscan PLT7035-B, Coby MID-7012
    May be a tad too late perhaps, but since I had same issues, thought would cross post it.
    The solutions for your issues with connectivity, rooting, play store etc. may be found in the third and fourth post on my
    thread "Proscan PLT 7035B - connect to PC, upgrade to JB and rooting with Play Store" in xda forum.

All credits due to the respective thread creators.
    Last edited by vulcanize; 01-27-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads: