Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Member #
    I have a couple questions for you. Is the chip that is responsible for making the connection hard coded or could I have wiped all data for a connection with the bad flash? Is there any way to force a connection, even connecting to another android or linux instead of windows?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 3 months registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Note 2, Exhibit II, Nexus 7, Rikomagic MK802 III, Proscan PLT7035-B, Coby MID-7012
    Quote Originally Posted by libertyspike138 View Post
    I have a couple questions for you. Is the chip that is responsible for making the connection hard coded or could I have wiped all data for a connection with the bad flash? Is there any way to force a connection, even connecting to another android or linux instead of windows?
    Try the following (it worked for me earlier today when I format and flashed different kernel and the CWM never kicked in as it was supposed to - for a custom rom install).

Turn off the tablet.
    Press Volume UP (+) and the reset button together and keep holding it down a couple of seconds - let go of the reset button pressing - screen stays black -connect the USB cable - screen still stays black, but the PC starts looking for driver (if it has not been installed properly) or show a USB connection has been made.
    Thereafter you can use fastboot - google it

If at first attempt it fails - keep trying it a couple of times - I wrestled with it quite a few times trying to get the tricky part of plugging USB while holding down the buttons (another thing I also tried was to keep continuing to press the power button on and off six to seven times)

As soon as I saw that I had made the PC to tablet connection, used RKTools to do a complete fresh install of firmware.
    Good luck to you.
    Last edited by vulcanize; 02-05-2013 at 02:56 PM.

7 days registered

Member #
    Here's what I get. The second it is plugged in while holding the buttons I get a notification "USB Device Not Recognized" and on the device manager properties of unknown device it says "Windows has stopped the device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" then if I release the reset button I get "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45)". When I release the - or + it's back to the first error.

7 days registered

Member #
    After moving it to the very first usb port on the pc I now have more reason to believe the chip controllers code is erased as well. Here's the error I get.
    This device is disabled because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resources. (Code 29)

7 days registered

Member #
    First USB port is 3.0 BTW. Some more info is that even though there is nothing on the screen it seems that it turns itself on right after plugging in the USB. With no lights or anything I say this for 2 reasons I can feel it warming up and as previous errors said win will stop the device but if I hold the power button in it will eventually say it is not connected for just a small bit as I believe it is turning itself right back on while connected to the USB.

7 days registered

Member #
    Tried connecting it to an android PC and got nothing. Tried this PC with a live ubuntu 12.04 on usb and there were problems enumerating the device. Installed usblyzer trial in windows to see whats going on and it looks as if the tablet is failing to send a descriptor during the enumeration process. I think I have exhausted my options and time to call it quits. I do appreciate all the help though, thanks!

Oh yeah one more thing rockchip sucks, stay away from them. I once spent days with the same kind of crap on a rockchip usb player, finally got it fixed after lots of russian translation etc... but have not had these horrible problems with texas instruments or allwinner cpu's.

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 3 months registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Note 2, Exhibit II, Nexus 7, Rikomagic MK802 III, Proscan PLT7035-B, Coby MID-7012
    Aite, here is what I have come across on xda. The member crhm has made a rom dump of the PLT7035-PL and posted it

Quote Originally Posted by crhm View Post
    I put the plt 7035-pl files on mediafire. I hope it helps. Iam trying to build a recovery file for cwm. I hope to make a little progres there soon.
    I will try and help when I can. I just have to quit thinking webos and maybe it will go faster.:good:

Recovery.img
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5v04gu0c2ow8cx1

Kernel.img
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?6ztdrpr217h1dos

Boot .img
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?tt9fdttjxankm1i
    Also give the JB rom of Oma a whirl if you do manage to get the tablet resuscitated.

Source thread:
    RK2918 Tab Odys-Loox rocks with Jelly Bean ! - xda-developers

kernel_308_plt7035_pl_proscan.7z
    xda-developers - View Single Post - RK2918 Tab Odys-Loox rocks with ICS !

Make sure you stop by and say Thanks to him for the effort

Cheers.
    Last edited by vulcanize; 02-24-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Updates quote

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Try following mirror link for PLT7035-PL kernel, recovery and boot images (all files originally posted by crhm in xda)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hxky38cnck1m0oq/GXvk4Onc9F

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads: