Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    android

Is it possible to play DVD videos on Galaxy Tab 10.1?

I have some .vob files copied from DVDs. Iím wondering if I can put these DVD videos to Galaxy Tab 10.1 for watching. Does 2nd gen Samsung Galaxy tab play .vob format?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Nexus 7 / Galaxy Nexus
    .VOB files are way too big of files so it's not really practical. I suggest converting your videos then transfer them over.

DVD Catalyst is probably the best software you can get. It's only $9.95 compared to other software that are way over priced IMO.

If you do decide to get it, use the "Xoom" profile. DVD Catalyst is also a supporting vendor in many of our forums and is around to give help.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    .VOB files are way too big of files so it's not really practical. I suggest converting your videos then transfer them over.

DVD Catalyst is probably the best software you can get. It's only $9.95 compared to other software that are way over priced IMO.

If you do decide to get it, use the "Xoom" profile. DVD Catalyst is also a supporting vendor in many of our forums and is around to give help.
    Thanks Wicked,

I think with RockPlayer it might be possible to play vob files on the tab (or other Android tablets) since they are basically MPEG2 video files, but they are quite large, and because of the official DVD specifications, your movie will be split into multiple 1GB portions. If you convert your DVDs to MP4 format, you can reduce the filesize at least by 4 without noticeable quality-loss, and your movie ends up in one file.

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered 31 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdcatalyst View Post
    Thanks Wicked,

I think with RockPlayer it might be possible to play vob files on the tab (or other Android tablets) since they are basically MPEG2 video files, but they are quite large, and because of the official DVD specifications, your movie will be split into multiple 1GB portions. If you convert your DVDs to MP4 format, you can reduce the filesize at least by 4 without noticeable quality-loss, and your movie ends up in one file.
    I agree with you that the vob files will occupy much space of the Tab's hard disk if users play vob movies with RockPlayer directly, but i don't think there will be "without noticeable quality-loss" after compressing a vob file to a mp4 file whose size is a quarter of the original, that's impossible !
    HOW TO RIP BLU-RAY DVD TO GALAXY TAB.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 5,000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Member #
    Level
    there are some players can play vob videos, such as moboplayer, qq player etc. but vob is a container format. it can contain different audio and video codec, in other words, we can't be sure all the vob videos can be played by players. so i think you'd better convert these vob videos to h.264 mp4, this format is liked by galaxy tab 10.1

Ads: