Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By J515OP

Thread: Help me remove a gmail account without factory reset, Samsung Galaxy 7".

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #

Help me remove a gmail account without factory reset, Samsung Galaxy 7".

Hey guys,
    I am a standard computer / tablet user. I would say I am very good with technology. I can get out of jams, setup a basic network of my office, sync devices, etc. But that's as far as it goes. I am absolutely not a computer guy. I just use them. Ok, I say this first because I don't think I want to root my tablet, which is one way I've researched that I can remove the account, but maybe I do? I love the way my tablet operates now, I just want to remove an old gmail account, and I am worried about a factory reset and having to configure my tablet all over again. Can someone help me with this?
    Thank you,
    Sal

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    In what sense do you want to remove the gmail account? You can do into settings and prevent the account from syncing or remove it there but you need some sort of account to use the google market. If it is just a matter of replacing one account with another, you can do that trough settings. If you are looking to somehow completely remove the google account and not have one at all it may cause other issues with apps and services. It is better to leave it on there even if you are not using it.
    takakunai thanked this.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Block View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am a standard computer / tablet user. I would say I am very good with technology. I can get out of jams, setup a basic network of my office, sync devices, etc. But that's as far as it goes. I am absolutely not a computer guy. I just use them. Ok, I say this first because I don't think I want to root my tablet, which is one way I've researched that I can remove the account, but maybe I do? I love the way my tablet operates now, I just want to remove an old gmail account, and I am worried about a factory reset and having to configure my tablet all over again. Can someone help me with this?
    Thank you,
    Sal
    open the Menu, go to Settings option, then Account & sync, move to your account right under Manage accounts. Click your account and you’ll see Data & Synchronization tab. Move down to the bottom and you’ll see Remove account. Then it will hint this “Do you really want to remove this account? Removing it will also delete all……”. If you have backup the data (Contacts, SMS etc), then just hit “Remove account”. Depending on different cases, it will pop out a message warning “This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults(which delete all your personal data)……” Then back to Settings -> Privacy -> Personal data -> Factory data reset. Click Reset Phone option and Erase everything. Then your phone will restart again and back to factory settings. Note: all your phone internal memory files (such as Contacts, SMS, Call log etc.) will gone, while the external memory stuff on your sd card will remain intact

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    OK. Thanks. Got it.

Member #
    Device
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Quote Originally Posted by pavijay View Post
    open the Menu, go to Settings option, then Account & sync, move to your account right under Manage accounts. Click your account and you’ll see Data & Synchronization tab. Move down to the bottom and you’ll see Remove account. Then it will hint this “Do you really want to remove this account? Removing it will also delete all……”. If you have backup the data (Contacts, SMS etc), then just hit “Remove account”. Depending on different cases, it will pop out a message warning “This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults(which delete all your personal data)……” Then back to Settings -> Privacy -> Personal data -> Factory data reset. Click Reset Phone option and Erase everything. Then your phone will restart again and back to factory settings. Note: all your phone internal memory files (such as Contacts, SMS, Call log etc.) will gone, while the external memory stuff on your sd card will remain intact
    Hi pavijay
    I don't want to change the gmail account, however i want to be disconnected. Because, my gmail account any how always connected so my friends always see me on their Gtalk. So they refer I am online.

I want that I will only be connceted via Gmail/gtalk only when i wish to. Please advise how to do that.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Level
    Device
    ASUS TF101
    Quote Originally Posted by dodda View Post
    Hi pavijay
    I don't want to change the gmail account, however i want to be disconnected. Because, my gmail account any how always connected so my friends always see me on their Gtalk. So they refer I am online.

I want that I will only be connceted via Gmail/gtalk only when i wish to. Please advise how to do that.
    Open the app called TALK on your tablet. Tap the 3 dots in the top right hand corner and choose Sign Out

In my experience, this is all it takes. It does not sign me in on reboot unless I go manually sign in unless I was signed in before the reboot. You can check the app settings to see if it has an automatically sign in on your version, but I could not find one on the version I am running

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munchin on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene. - Homer Jay Simpson

Ads: