Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Samsung Glalxy p-1000

Question WIFI Sharing from Windows XP

i followed the below step to create a WIFI hot spot from my windows XP. however my Galaxy TAB don't see the network i created but i can see with other devices and computer is there is a trick to it ?

#

Click to open the "Start" menu, then click to open the Control Panel. In the Control Panel, click on "Network Connections."
    # 2

Right-click the Ethernet network connection with which the computer accesses the Internet and click "Properties."
    # 3

Click on the "Advanced" tab of the "Properties" dialogue box. Click to mark the box next to "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection." Click the "OK" button to close the dialogue box. If a "Local Network" message box pops up with an explanation, click the "Yes" button to proceed.
    # 4

Right-click on your wireless connection in "Network Connections." If the connection is disabled, you need to enable it. Right-click again if necessary and choose "Properties" in the right-click menu.
    # 5

Select the "Wireless Networks" tab in the "Properties" dialogue box. Click the "Add" button in the "Preferred networks" region of the dialogue. This opens a dialogue box called "Wireless network properties."
    # 6

Select the "Association" tab of the "Wireless network properties" dialogue. Type your choice of name for your Wi-Fi network in the "Network name (SSID)" field and check the "This is a computer-to-computer (ad hoc) network" box.
    # 7

Ensure that the "The key is provided for me automatically" box at the bottom of the dialogue box remains unchecked.
    # 8

Choose "Open" in the "Network Authentication" drop down menu and choose "WEP" in the "Data encryption" drop down menu.
    # 9

Type your choice of password in the "Network key" and "Confirm network key" fields.
    # 10

Click the "OK" button to save changes and close the "Wireless network properties" dialogue box. Click the "OK" button on the wireless network adapter's "Properties" dialogue box.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    The problem is you are setting up your XP as a AhHoc (Peer to Peer) AP not a true AP. There are small apps which turn your PC WLAN NIC into a true AP. But there are several. So you will need to choose. Google on
    windows xp access point software and you will discover what I mean.
    Otherwise you need to change the Tablet WLAN Conf file which requires root privs . This is not hard and well described. This is because the tablet is set to ignore AdHoc APs due to the security risks.
    gurgle Tech stooge of the Internet
    Tablets Currently in Possession -Partial List
    MS --Fujitsu Stylistic LT TabletPC-Win98 / HP4400-W7U / Samsung Q1U- XPPro/V-Ult/Archos 9
    Android -- WItS A81E/ Archos 5/500 Archos 7HT/Archos 101/16/Asus Transformer 10.1/32 / G1

Remember-If You do not open it, you do not Own it

Ads: