Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #

Power dead after first night

I was in a panic when I woke up this morning and couldn't power on my brand new Tab. Turns out it needed to be charged, but I swear when I went to bed the battery indicator had over 70% charge. I thought this thing had a 9+ hour battery.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShroomSJS View Post
    I was in a panic when I woke up this morning and couldn't power on my brand new Tab. Turns out it needed to be charged, but I swear when I went to bed the battery indicator had over 70% charge. I thought this thing had a 9+ hour battery.
    Exactly this happened with my 10-day old Tab. I was traveling over the weekend and did not have my charger with me. Back home now and placed it to charge. Worrisome as the 14-day exchange/return period is coming up.

OP: did you ever find out why this might have happened? Mine was at about 70% also. I had finished watching some streaming around 1pm and noticed it was at about 75%. I didn't use it all day after that. It was in my bedroom while I slept and being a light sleeper, I noticed at least two occasions when it 'breeped' like it was receiving email... only thing is, it couldn't be receiving mail as I was in a location without any connectivity.

3 months registered 100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Same problem here.. Love this tab but there seems to be some sort of defect on these batteries.

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Lance, did you decide to just live with it? I saw your other posts which refer to poor battery life, just wanted to clarify that in addition to that you also have this occasional 'sudden drain' issue.

Re battery life, agree-- the Xoom I had and returned was noticeably better. It charged much faster and held the charge longer. I see on the GT that when it reaches a very high percentage of charge (say 96%), it takes forever for it to say 'fully charged' or whatever the words are. Otherwise, it seems to charge at the rate of about 20% an hour, which IMO is slow.

500 Experience Points 31 days registered 3 months registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    none... yet
    does this only happen over night when it will lose its charge? or is this periodic? (potentially happening in the middle of the day) and is this for all of the tab 10.1 tablets? if not perhaps your batteries are defective and you can get them fixed/replaced...

wait, i read this can happen for the original tab idk if its true for the tab 10.1 but here it goes... unless you turn it completely off, when you turn off the screen it is still running the apps you left running, therefore taking up battery. Since you didnt say you turned it off, Im assuming there is a chance that you didnt turn it off, but just turned the screen off, which could be why your battery died while you were asleep... next time try turning it all the way off.
    Last edited by jeme223; 08-10-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Ads: