Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    pc, galaxy tab 10.1

Question playing to a HDTV from the Galaxy Tab 10.1

Hi I need advice about performance on a tablet- I am planning to buy the new galaxy tab 10.1- I had considered the ipad but I donít want to get locked into appleís systems and prefer android, despite the small drawbacks. I plan to use the tab on holiday with a Samsung Smartphone as net access, so I donít need the wifi model or more than 16gb memory because I store movies etc on my home pc and can swap them as I need to. The other key function is to connect to my 32Ē HD TV as a browser- and I know there are problems with doing this with some tablets and netbooks. I can connect the TV through the standard port on the tab using an adaptor, but I need to confirm whether the tab has the right processors to output youtube, say, at a reasonable resolution without significant problems. Has anyone got any advice about this or how I can test it out? I know when I was exploring netbook options several machines had hdmi outputs but only a few at the top end had the processors to do the job properly-

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Droid, Haipad 701, Rooted Nook Color
    Quote Originally Posted by tabchoice View Post
    Hi I need advice about performance on a tablet- I am planning to buy the new galaxy tab 10.1- I had considered the ipad but I don’t want to get locked into apple’s systems and prefer android, despite the small drawbacks. I plan to use the tab on holiday with a Samsung Smartphone as net access, so I don’t need the wifi model or more than 16gb memory because I store movies etc on my home pc and can swap them as I need to. The other key function is to connect to my 32” HD TV as a browser- and I know there are problems with doing this with some tablets and netbooks. I can connect the TV through the standard port on the tab using an adaptor, but I need to confirm whether the tab has the right processors to output youtube, say, at a reasonable resolution without significant problems. Has anyone got any advice about this or how I can test it out? I know when I was exploring netbook options several machines had hdmi outputs but only a few at the top end had the processors to do the job properly-
    Hmm not sure you can connect the Samsung 10.1 to tv there is no hdmi port and while i belive dlna is supported the app is not yet released. Unless i am missing something and would like to be enlightened

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Support my latest project - ACROSS TOWN - a graphic novel styled animated drama about the tragic consequences of gang violence

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    coby tablet
    I went to the samsung website and checked out accessories for samsung galaxy 10.1. Their is a adater for hdmi connections and a adapter for usb connectivity. Im ordering both.
    I dont know yet for a fact it will work. But i suspect it will or they wouldnt sell adapters.
    My cheaper tabet works.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum
    Last edited by rickio; 08-08-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    "The Information Wants To Be Free"

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    pc, galaxy tab 10.1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AnimaTechnica View Post
    Hmm not sure you can connect the Samsung 10.1 to tv there is no hdmi port and while i belive dlna is supported the app is not yet released. Unless i am missing something and would like to be enlightened

pc world showed me a hdmi adaptor which connects to the samsung port on the tablet and demonstrated it working with a hd tv, but i dont entirely trust them- and i dont want to buy the tablet if youtube is going to play badly on my tv. what's dlna? there do seem to be more apps and accessories coming out every day- there's even a keyboard now but still no usb connectivity. thanks for your advice- any comments are welcome.

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Dell Streak 5
    A bit confused about your WiFi point. All GT Tab are WiFi if they are not connected to a carrier which the it's either 3g or 4g. As for HDMI....yes it can. Get the new update and the new docking port which has HDMI out get a mini to HDMI connector cable and connected directly to your HI Def TV.

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    pc, galaxy tab 10.1
    sorry- I meant to say I dont need the 3g model- I will either use wifi hotspots or use it through my samsung smartphone which has some kind of capability of working as a mini hotspot-
    I havent come across the docking port you mention- is that the same as the keyboard/stand, or do you mean the hdmi adaptor. Thanks for your advice- have you actually done this yourself? Some of the netbooks I tried had hdmi and claimed to do this, but the youtube was quite poor and jerky.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Droid, Haipad 701, Rooted Nook Color
    Quote Originally Posted by Genkilljoy View Post
    A bit confused about your WiFi point. All GT Tab are WiFi if they are not connected to a carrier which the it's either 3g or 4g. As for HDMI....yes it can. Get the new update and the new docking port which has HDMI out get a mini to HDMI connector cable and connected directly to your HI Def TV.
    Ahh thanks for clarifying this i do remember the dock port does offer hdmi

Support my latest project - ACROSS TOWN - a graphic novel styled animated drama about the tragic consequences of gang violence

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points Recommendation First Class Recommendation Second Class

Member #
    Level
    Device
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted & ManualNooted Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB
    I don't think you'll have any trouble. However, if you do, you might try pausing the playback and letting the program buffer up before trying to watch it. It worked for me on a site that offered both a free and a fee download. The free one was just a little too slow to watch smoothly and that was to encourage you to pay the fee. Being both frugal and patient, I pressed Play followed by Pause and found something else to do for a while before pressing Play again.
    If it's important to you, you'll find a
    way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
    If you're too busy for friends,
    You're too busy.
    Attention lurkers! Join the forum,
    and enter Spider into the referrer
    field of the application.The $0.00
    USD fee will be waived.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget
    how you made them feel.

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Dell Streak 5
    I like to be honest...I could have said yes, however I am waiting on my Dock and USB adapter to come in. However I can tell you I have my Dell 1330m laptop connected to my TV/Monitor thru HDMI and it works perfectly... You have to understand the media you play is what counts....if you have your own MP4 movie on the GT 10.1 it should play like a dream. As far as YouTube....sometimes the stream you get from them depends allot on who posted and how they converted....
    hope this helps

Ads: