Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Device
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    hey guys. here is an observation. I bought my samsung galaxy tab 10.1, 3 weeks ago. I have been charging it through the power adapter provided by samsung but added a USB extention so that the cable is a bit longer, as the one provided with samsung is pretty short. I noticed when charging the tablet with the usb extension on takes about 8 hrs straight to charge to 100%. Now i took the extension out and now it takes 6.5hrs. note that both times the tablet was discharged to 3% battery.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color (Rooted)
    I strongly suggest you stop letting your battery get that low before you charge it. I would not go below 20-30% before charging. Draining the battery that low repeatedly will shorten its life.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    NOOKColor rooted (CM7)
    Coby Kyros 7015 rooted and running custom ROM (retired)

Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color (Rooted)
    In the future please take the time to post in the correct forum. This section is for the Galaxy Tab. I'll move yours to the Galazy Tab 2 section.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    NOOKColor rooted (CM7)

Member #
    Device
    Samsung Galaxy 7.7
    Very interesting as this is why I searched the site today. I have the 7.7 galaxy tab and have found that it will ONLY charge with the plug that came with it. WHY!!! It is so short and most of us have multiple power cords/devices these days. I have had issues with a number of attempts to charge the tablet. I ALWAYS use the actual cord that came with the table, but the issues I run into are when you plug the usb end into anything other than the wall plug it came with. I have tried a portable battery pack that I have used on my prior Samsung tablet and not go, I get the red x. I also have a wall plug from Motorolla that has two usb slots, and I get a really strange reaction. When I use this the table says says it is starting some sort of initialization, then I get the red x, now if I unplug it over and over a few times, it will eventually charge. Won't charge with computer, or car charger either. Any help here? I travel a lot and have always depended on the ability to charge on various sources and this is just crazy and makes no sense at all.

I also called Samsung and they just said the stock answer "do a factory reset"! It has done this since it was taken out of the box so that is not the issue.
    Last edited by emarquart; 07-24-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Asus TF, Nook Color, Pandigital ereader
    Funny, I had the same issue with my TF101. The USB charging cable was too short so I tried a USB extension cord and it wouldn't charge. I just got a short extension cord to go from the outlet to the charging cube. Problem solved.
    Asus Transformer 16 gig with a 16 gig micro sd.
    Samsung Tab 7"
    Pandigital E-reader
    Apple I-touch 16 gig 2nd gen.
    32 gig I touch 4th gen.
    Google Nexus 7" 32 gig.
    No android phone, too cheap to pay for the data package!

Member #
    Device
    samsung tablet 10.1

Thumbs down Samsung 10.1 wont charge

I purchased a 10.1 tablet late April - thought it was great, so ditched my IPHONE and also bought a galaxy s3. OMG do I now regret it. My tablet now wont charge - unable to use it. The store I purchased it from after giving me the run around went out of business. Samsung wont respond to my enquiries. now i have an expensive table mat. if anyone can assist getting it recharged id be greatly appreciative (BTW having read lots of threads...I dont have non market apps and always used the charger and usb provided)

now my S3 - where do I start. It wiped all my contacts twice. after full reboot and reload, it now flickers persistently when on any net application - so is unusable for internet. It wont reset counters for email and messages - to add insult to injury samsung chat and email both came back with that this is not a function of the device. well it is. it used to work and ive had it fixed once before and its doing it again. I cant seem to get anyone to honour the warranty.

And im really really angry, Im not rich and these were very luxury items with which i worked hard to earn the money to get. Now i have a phone and tablet worth nothing.

Member #
    Device
    samsung tablet 10.1
    I have this issue, and I dont let the battery get that low...well I didnt it got that low becasue it was plugged in and not charging.....be interested in what you worked out in end and my tablet is well..basically a table mat now. so very dissapointed in Samsung.

Moderator Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color (Rooted)
    Quote Originally Posted by blondeenz View Post
    I purchased a 10.1 tablet late April - thought it was great, so ditched my IPHONE and also bought a galaxy s3. OMG do I now regret it. My tablet now wont charge - unable to use it. The store I purchased it from after giving me the run around went out of business. Samsung wont respond to my enquiries. now i have an expensive table mat. if anyone can assist getting it recharged id be greatly appreciative (BTW having read lots of threads...I dont have non market apps and always used the charger and usb provided)

now my S3 - where do I start. It wiped all my contacts twice. after full reboot and reload, it now flickers persistently when on any net application - so is unusable for internet. It wont reset counters for email and messages - to add insult to injury samsung chat and email both came back with that this is not a function of the device. well it is. it used to work and ive had it fixed once before and its doing it again. I cant seem to get anyone to honour the warranty.

And im really really angry, Im not rich and these were very luxury items with which i worked hard to earn the money to get. Now i have a phone and tablet worth nothing.
    First off, please post in the SG III forum regarding your phone issues and I am sure someone will be able to help.

As for your tablet, are you using the charger that came with it? If not, you need to do so. If so, start by simply buying a new charger. They do conk out sometime. Also, are you sure it's not charging? Hold the power button down while touching the screen (it may take a minute or so) and see if it turns on.

I'm sorry you bought it from a shady company that's now no longer in business. Did you get your phone there too? If so sounds like they may have been selling defective merchandise.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and it works just fine. Please don't bash an entire company because you have a problem. Provided they are both under warranty you shouldn't have any problems getting service from Samsung. Did you try the live chat on their site? How about posting on their Facebook page? If you emailed them, check your spam folder.

You should be able to reach them via the support section on their website. They have email, live chat and a phone number. Good luck.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    NOOKColor rooted (CM7)

Member #

Member #
    Awesome, thank you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: