Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 3 months registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Sony Tablet S

'Throwing' Picassa pictures from gallery.

Hi all wise ones! I have transferred a lot of my pictures into my Picassa account, and these albums, naturally, synch down to the gallery app on my Tablet S. I really like the photo slideshow function when the tablet is placed in its dock! The only problem is, I cant 'throw' these pictures to my network connected TV. Downloaded pictures or camera pictures (which also show up in the gallery app) can be thrown fine. But not pictures in my Picassa albums. Is there anyway around this? Ive tried 'making available offline' but still to no avail. Is it just a Picassa thing?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Yes, it is just a Picasa thing. You are not actually getting those pictures on your tablet you are essentially viewing the webpage. To 'throw' the pictures to another device they actually have to be on your tablet in the first place. Since you uploaded the pictures to Picasa you should have the files to do this.

Alternatively you can use other methods to 'throw' your media around so you don't have to actually move the files to your tablet. There are several apps and methods which will let you access files on a computer or another device and then manipulate those files. So with the appropriate app you may be able to access files on your PC with your tablet and throw them to your network enabled TV.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 3 months registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Sony Tablet S
    Quote Originally Posted by J515OP
    So with the appropriate app you may be able to access files on your PC with your tablet and throw them to your network enabled TV.
    Ah yes, I've managed that, viewing files on our sever, and then throwing that file to our TV. :-)

A shame about the Picassa issue though, I find the pictures are still on my tablet, even when there's no internet connection..??
    So if I absolutely must have the pictures on my tablet (to enable me to 'throw' them), can I create a folder on my SD card? Or must I first transfer them to the tablet? Can the Gallery app not access files on the SD card?

Thanks for the speedy reply by the way. :-)

50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFoHo View Post
    Ah yes, I've managed that, viewing files on our sever, and then throwing that file to our TV. :-)

A shame about the Picassa issue though, I find the pictures are still on my tablet, even when there's no internet connection..??
    So if I absolutely must have the pictures on my tablet (to enable me to 'throw' them), can I create a folder on my SD card? Or must I first transfer them to the tablet? Can the Gallery app not access files on the SD card?

Thanks for the speedy reply by the way. :-)
    I'm not positive but I suspect the Picasa file is more of a web image than a picture file still allowing it to be viewed but not used. You may save the actual photo files either in internal memory or an SD card. Gallery should be able to access the apps either way. You may need to use a file explorer to locate the pics on the sd card. Then selecting a picture should ask you what app you want to open the file with. Select the app Gallery in this case.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Member #
    Device
    Sony Tablet S
    Ok thanks for the reply. I deleted most of my Picassa albums and put the albums directly on the tablet instead. I'm pretty sure Picassa downgrades the quality of the pictures anyway...

Its a shame though, beeing able to update and store pictures in the cloud, then view them on an internet connected device is pretty cool, it just seems that Picassa limits the potential somewhat. Oh I could access the pictures from the SD card using the gallery, but couldn't 'throw' them. But I would think that's a Sony software issue?

Member #
    Device
    You should also check put Dropbox. It allows you to store files in the cloud and sync them on any device that you also install the app on. Might not be compatible with say your tv but definitely a way to sync your files on devices through the cloud.

https://market.android.com/details?i....android&hl=en
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -

Android OS Help & How To

Ads: