Disable Mobile View In Internet Browser
Do any of you know how to disable mobile views for websites within the browser? I know some pages let you do it within their site but I would like a more global approach. I've come across a few websites that don't offer any viewing options.
** UPDATED: 11/21/2011 **
It looks like the "about:debug" command works in the URL address bar. I was having issues because the tablet continued to search on Google for the term "about:debug" instead of actually accessing the page. For some reason when I pushed the small right facing triangle (the button next to the URL address bar that look like a "play" button) button the "about:debug" page was accessed properly. The page should be blank from here.
Here are the steps in detail:
1. Open the Android Honeycomb browser on your tablet.
2. In the address bar, type: about:debug and press enter.
3. Now open the browser's settings by tapping the icon in the very top-right corner of your screen (it looks like four horizontal lines) and selecting "Settings" from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. On the left side of the screen, tap the section labeled "Debug."
5. On the right side of the screen, tap the item labeled "UAString," then select "Desktop."
6. Press the back button (in the very bottom-left corner of your screen) to exit the browser's settings.
7. In the browser's address bar, type: about:debug once more; this will disable debugging mode and return the browser to its normal state.
Last edited by MikeQuell; 11-21-2011 at 11:23 AM.
11-10-2011 01:48 AM
Browser->Settings->Advanced->User Agent String, set it to desktop
Peter B. - email: email@example.com
| Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Devices, ROMs:
(Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-126.96.36.199 v1 ROM
(Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3
Remember to "Thank" people that help you out!
|Click here for general Questions?
I'm not seeing these settings on my Sony Tablet S for the default browser.
Originally Posted by pbrauer
Me too…its really annoying being directed toa page you dont want to view
In dolphin browser hd they ask it in setup app
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum
Most sites have a redirect at the bottom of the page. Once selected I always go back to the main site instead of the mobile
Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum
It would be nice to change these settings without having to use another browser. The dolphin browser only allows portrait orientation. Or else I would probably use it.
Dolphin allows for both landscape and portrait.
to get access to those setting options you must type in the address bar;
and press returrn on the keyboard, nothing will happen but those options are then available
can someone confirm JBHifi works for them in full webpage ? It automatically goes to the mobile site in both Sony browser and dolphin hd with both browsers set to "desktop" mode