Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thread: Java

Member #
    Device
    Sony Tablet S

Java

I received this email from out IT guys. I have been unable to successfully document my billing hours/time via our Deltek site. Is there a java enable type app that will help me out?

Deltek,
    Good Morning. I am an XXXXX employee assigned to our XXXXX Office. I called out IT folks and they suggested I start with you.
    I recently purchased a Sony Tablet S and have been setting up all of my travel tools. As I log in through the ARINC secure portals ... everything looks and works fine. AS I log in to Deltek, all log-in procedures and displays look great. Once I get to the actual timesheet things go awry. You can see what I mean on the attached photos. It's like the whole page is shifted up/left so therefore nothing lines up. I've tried everything from changing my browsing settings to attempted to use keyboard "tab" functions. Nothing has worked. It's so close that I know it's a matter of a setting that I'm just unaware of. I'm not completely alien to PCs, but I am definitely not a software guide. And when it comes to Android Honeycomb ... I'm in the dark.

Brian,
    Deltek Time Collection uses the java programming language and was developed and tested using Internet Explorer 8. As far as we know, very few, if any other browsers are capable of completely handling the formatting and layout of the application as it is written today. Some browsers are able to display the information on the page however, there may be a problem with scrolling for instance.
    Unfortunately, PC Helpdesk is unaware of any settings or adjustment that can be made to address these issues. We apologize for the inconvenience.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points 31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Sony S and Motorola Photon

Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by bhyatt43 View Post
    I received this email from out IT guys. I have been unable to successfully document my billing hours/time via our Deltek site. Is there a java enable type app that will help me out?

Deltek,
    Good Morning. I am an XXXXX employee assigned to our XXXXX Office. I called out IT folks and they suggested I start with you.
    I recently purchased a Sony Tablet S and have been setting up all of my travel tools. As I log in through the ARINC secure portals ... everything looks and works fine. AS I log in to Deltek, all log-in procedures and displays look great. Once I get to the actual timesheet things go awry. You can see what I mean on the attached photos. It's like the whole page is shifted up/left so therefore nothing lines up. I've tried everything from changing my browsing settings to attempted to use keyboard "tab" functions. Nothing has worked. It's so close that I know it's a matter of a setting that I'm just unaware of. I'm not completely alien to PCs, but I am definitely not a software guide. And when it comes to Android Honeycomb ... I'm in the dark.

Brian,
    Deltek Time Collection uses the java programming language and was developed and tested using Internet Explorer 8. As far as we know, very few, if any other browsers are capable of completely handling the formatting and layout of the application as it is written today. Some browsers are able to display the information on the page however, there may be a problem with scrolling for instance.
    Unfortunately, PC Helpdesk is unaware of any settings or adjustment that can be made to address these issues. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sounds like a bummer. I have personally used that application, but in the past.

There are occasionally a few pages that just don't load right on tablets.

Suggestion 1- In the browser settings make sure that JavaScript is engaged.

Suggestion 2- If that does not work try a different browser. I personally use Opera exclusively as it syncs between my tablet, smartphone and laptop.

One of the additional features in Opera, (and other secondary browsers), is to enable the browser to be identified as a tablet or a desktop as I explained above. My bank site is a prime example of a site that is really bad. I can not get the normal browser to load it correctly. However once I switch over to "Desktop" mode I have no problem.

Hopes this helps.
    Last edited by davect01; 02-21-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Quote Originally Posted by davect01 View Post

Suggestion 2- If that does not work try a different browser. I personally use Opera exclusively as it syncs between my tablet, smartphone and tablet.

One of the additional features in Opera, (and other secondary browsers), is to enable the browser to be identified as a tablet or a desktop as I explained above. My bank site is a prime example of a site that is really bad. I can not get the normal browser to load it correctly. However once I switch over to "Desktop" mode I have no problem.

Hopes this helps.
    Good advice. An advantage of Android is that there are many browsers and at least one is likely to display correctly. The other key is to make sure that you set the user agent to desktop in whatever browser you try so that the page renders just the same as it would on a pc. I would also suggest trying Dolphin Browser.

If you can't find any browser that works in desktop mode then unfortunately it is just a failure of the site developers to make a worthwhile web page.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Member #
    Device
    Sony Tablet S
    Quote Originally Posted by davect01 View Post

Suggestion 2- If that does not work try a different browser. I personally use Opera exclusively as it syncs between my tablet, smartphone and laptop.

Hopes this helps.
    Deltek Tech Support is a joke. Sony Tech support replied and basically said what you did. I downloaded Opera and it works like a champ! Actually like the looks of the Opera and will most likely use it more in the future. Thanks for the info. I'm convinced that forums are teh fix for crappy customer service.

Ads: