Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Member #
    Device
    Sony S Tablet

Weird things happening with my WiFi settings

I bought this infernal device a few months ago and it works perfectly, apart from when I try to connect to my university's wireless network, which is a shame since I'm up there 10-12 hours a day.

The instructions that I received say how to configure the network and everything and it's easy as pie to do on the S. However, when I save my settings and try to connect to the network the wireless logo type thing down on the bottom right refuses to turn blue and stays grey. Arrows show up on it for a little why (5 minutes, max) before the entire thing goes grey and it refuses to budge. All that comes up is a message about the proxy server unable to authenticate or some garbage.

When I double check the settings for the network, everything is fine except for the fact that the phase-2 authentication option (MSCHAPV2) that I chose when configuring the network in the first place disappears and is replaced with "none". I've been searching around for any possible answers and nothing seems to be around. I was told to use another browser (I use the default one) but nothing seems to be working. Help meh.

BTW: Running on 3.2.1 and the network itself works fine on my 3.2 phone. Grrrrr.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Sony S Tablet
    Have you tried the Wi-Fi Checkerr app that is included in the Apps section? It may help you better determine where your connection attempt is failing. Also another good tool to use to check your signal strength is Wifi Analyzer which is free from the Android Market App store (and probably on the Amazon store also). It is good for checking the strength of the signal. And will also show you the other wireless networks in the area.

Member #
    Device
    Sony S Tablet
    Quote Originally Posted by prophet55 View Post
    Have you tried the Wi-Fi Checkerr app that is included in the Apps section? It may help you better determine where your connection attempt is failing. Also another good tool to use to check your signal strength is Wifi Analyzer which is free from the Android Market App store (and probably on the Amazon store also). It is good for checking the strength of the signal. And will also show you the other wireless networks in the area.
    I'vused those and it can't test the signal since I can't connect to the network. It seems to have problems on the university network only, it works fine on other wireless networks.

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    University networks usually have their own requirements. It may be best to go to a help desk as the issue you are experiencing is probably unique to their setup.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Ads: