Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree109Thanks

Thread: TechVendetta ROM Developement

Developer
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Sylvania
    3.0 is not open source and theres licensing issues. All custom roms so far are gingerbread based. As for auto rotation, we only have the cvs sytabex7 to test on which actually lacks an accelerometer, tilt sensor, and gsensor altogether so unless there's a way to fashion a usb sensor we will probably have to stick with either an on screen button or one of the two hardware buttons. There are various possible methods for sync as well. For instance on my android phone I have always preferred installing the samba app and having wireless access to my sdcard, if theres something specific you cant do with an app let me know.

Now as for the three or four other devices, without us having one it becomes alot more difficult to port, you could try our rom when its out and see if anything work for you, but if not we might need to setup a donation system to buy the devices to port too.

TechVendetta DEV TEAM http://techvendetta.com <- Updates and donates
    It is revenge. @techvendetta | G+ | #techvendetta on irc
    Documentation and goodies.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    generic 7" MID PL7B
    I'd love to see a "port" of Tipstir's HoneyBee ROM. A bit of a story here. . .

Before I had my EX7, I had a cheap 8650 iPad clone running Android. It came with the (crummy) WonderMedia market, and less-than-wonderful apps. It was slow. BUT. . . with Tipstir's HoneyBee ROM, it sang. Booted faster, better apps, nicer interface. It suddenly went from blah to useful, even though it was still slow.

But then, it broke. I picked up one of these bargain-priced Sylvania's, and you know the rest.

The Sylvania's been a great gadget, but its ROM doesn't hold a candle to Tipstir's.

Senior Member Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    There is (or was, that one went back to DG) a captive ball tilt sensor on my CVS EX7. It is located next to the ribbon connector. (silver cylinder). See pic below.
    Name:  011.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  1.49 MBName:  Tilt-Sensor-Tutorial.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  13.4 KB

I would like to see charging by usb if possible. I will have to look at the schematics again to see how they set up the charging loop, but to the best of my feeble old mind, it was there....
    Last edited by lorenii; 08-19-2011 at 12:24 AM.

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    As far as apps that I'd like to see on it, as was mentioned in the other thread, I'd like to see Adobe Reader, Nook, & Kindle; a calendar that sync's with google (and possible Live), I know that Jorte and one other has been suggested; and an alarm clock app. It was also suggested adding Aldiko, a public library app, and a comic book reader. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm happy with the stock browser, although Dolphin seems the popular pick there. Folks also seem to want the galaxy tab email program, though I've also heard that K-9 is a fan favorite as well.

Developer
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Sylvania
    Well we already have the gapps working. The thread was made by the member in my sig. So theres your calender, market, and what not. I was thinking apps to sd support and maybe the hulu patch.
    st0ne thanked this.

1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania 7" Mini Tablet Express
    I think apps2sd is an important thing to have. but my priority would be adobe flash. Skyfire's video is ok, but a hassle to work with.

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    I don't use apps2sd, but why not, I suppose a lot of people would use it. Definitely would like the Hulu patch, and if you can get Adobe Flash and/or Netflix to work properly, that'd be awesome incarnate.

Member #
    Device
    synet7lp
    so i just saw your update about cyanogenmod 7
    does it mean it work for our sylvania devices ???

5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrok007 View Post
    As far as apps that I'd like to see on it, as was mentioned in the other thread, I'd like to see Adobe Reader, Nook, & Kindle; a calendar that sync's with google (and possible Live), I know that Jorte and one other has been suggested; and an alarm clock app. It was also suggested adding Aldiko, a public library app, and a comic book reader. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm happy with the stock browser, although Dolphin seems the popular pick there. Folks also seem to want the galaxy tab email program, though I've also heard that K-9 is a fan favorite as well.
    The calendar that I mentioned works with Live and Google. That is the whole reason I use it.

Developer
    Achievements:

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Sylvania
    Not sure about all sylvania devices, but we can guarantee the SYTABEX7, as that's the only one our team currently has access to at the moment. It should be released sometime soon, we just need to fix a few bugs, but after that everyone will be able to run 2.3.5

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Ads: