Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania Mini Tablet

Need help with my Sylvania Mini Tablet

Okay, so I just bought this sucker off of craigslist.I did a factory restore then updated it to 2.2. After the update, I noticed a few things:I dont have a gmail app or other standard apps in my app drawer (I could only get to them via the search bar)How do I get these apps back into my app drawer?Also, my device didnt have a charger and according to Xda developers, it has a 1400mah lithium ion battery. I went to Radio Shack and the guy there told me to buy a 9v, 1500m amp charger. I can charge the thing but it does get pretty hot. Do I need a different charger for it?I love this tablet so far. I just want to get these issues worked out before I take measures in making the official android marketplace (and the amazon android marketplace work on my tablet.Also, I have an LG Optimus (Its the GSM one offered by T-Mobile). Can I transfer my downloaded apps from that device to my tablet? (they're both on Android 2.2)

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    SYNET7LP

Charger

Quote Originally Posted by MannyGamazo View Post
    I went to Radio Shack and the guy there told me to buy a 9v, 1500m amp charger. I can charge the thing but it does get pretty hot.
    The charger that came with mine is 2A, so your charger is 25% underpowered, thus the heat.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania
    Mine came with a 1500mA charger, so that's correct, but you are forgetting the 'radio shack' factor. Their products are frequently poorly designed, so if you need a 1500mA changer, you'll need a radio shack 3A charger.

Or use the 1500mA one you have but keep a fire extinguisher nearby.

The other problem with Radio shack chargers is that they frequently have unregulated voltage output. So with no load, your radio shack 9V charger may put out 11 or 12 v, when fully loaded in may only put out 7 or 8 volts. This can cause problems, and in some cases damage your device.

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania Mini Tablet
    Oh, well I found an 1.8A charger at Frys for half the price. I couldnt find a 2A. The guy a frys said its suppose to get hot while charging. But I'd rather spend $14.99 on a charger instead of $29.99Now how do I get my apps ( like gmail and gallery) back on my home screen and in my app drawer?

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania Mini Tablet
    Quote Originally Posted by john_tartar View Post
    Mine came with a 1500mA charger, so that's correct, but you are forgetting the 'radio shack' factor. Their products are frequently poorly designed, so if you need a 1500mA changer, you'll need a radio shack 3A charger.Or use the 1500mA one you have but keep a fire extinguisher nearby.The other problem with Radio shack chargers is that they frequently have unregulated voltage output. So with no load, your radio shack 9V charger may put out 11 or 12 v, when fully loaded in may only put out 7 or 8 volts. This can cause problems, and in some cases damage your device.
    damn, I just returned the radioshack one I imagine the one I bought at frys isnt that much better.So what charger is going to work with the tablet for sure? Sylvania even states on there website that they dont make replacement chargers.

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania Mini Tablet
    Also, I want to know how to get gmail and gallery back into my app drawer and home page.

(Btw, the Fry's 1800a charger does not heat the tablet up as much as the 1500a charger did.)

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Find a local Toys R Us. According to some folks on here, they sell an accessory kit that has some gel skins, an extra stylus, and a wall charger...

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania Mini Tablet
    Okay, I'll check out a Toys R Us but this 1800a charger is working much better than the 1500a one for now.

So how to I get "gallery" back into my app drawer after accidently deleting it? (I realized that "gmail" and "email" are in essence, the same app.)

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania Mini Tablet Express
    if you delete the icon of any app by mistake, just press the menu button the one thats in the left of the back arrow it would show you the menu, then press add application, wait to show it, and see if you have the icon there, if you have it click on it and you are all set; if you don't have it, you may send a pm to cfrockit telling the prob and he would show you how to get back that app on the menu

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania Mini Tablet
    Okay, I got the apps back on there. (it was a different method for me but the info helped. My tablet has 2.2 on it) but now I cant add any apps to the app home screen. I can add widgits but no apps. I can add apps to the app drawer though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: