Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree54Thanks

Thread: Superpad i7 Android 2.2 Tablet PC 7 Inch Infotmic

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbaked View Post
    I just got two, definitely POS.

On my model, hard reset by power button, menu button and 'back' button (on front of unit by usb and hdmi port).

has anyone tried a firmware flash on these groupon models?
    Do you mean pressing these buttons one after the other or some simultaneously?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member #
    I bought the superpad i7 through groupon as well and within half an hour of being out of the box, the wifi stopped working (said I was out of range of my home wifi even though I was right beside the modem). In an attempt to fix that, I decided to try restarting the the device.

Now, one hour of being out of the box, I'm stuck on the startup screen with the android character and colorful dots behind it.

I read this whole thread and there seem to be many differences with other people's superpad's and the groupon one. The groupon one looks like this: D.N.G Superpad i7 7″ infortm X210 Flytouch Android 2.2 512MB 4GB WIFI HDMI Camera Tablet pc | Zoomafx.

I've tried all the factory reset button combination possibilities posted on this thread to no avail (ie. I don't have a button left of the power button). Also tried cfrockit's really good post on factory resets, but didn't work either. The buttons nor the model is the same. My suspicion is that it's because it's not even a sylvania tablet.

The startup screen is also different: the initial screen just shows the android logo (without the numbers at the bottom right) and the second screen is the android character with colorful dots behind it. And I can't seem to get past this screen.

I tried connecting my tablet to my windows 7 computer via usb cable, but my computer doesn't recognize it.

Lost and feel like I just wasted $150. Any help here for this specific model?
    Last edited by wongmon; 12-16-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 150,000 Experience Points 100,000 Experience Points 50,000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Sylvania SYNET7LP
    Quote Originally Posted by wongmon View Post
    I bought the superpad i7 through groupon as well and within half an hour of being out of the box, the wifi stopped working (said I was out of range of my home wifi even though I was right beside the modem). In an attempt to fix that, I decided to try restarting the the device.

Now, one hour of being out of the box, I'm stuck on the startup screen with the android character and colorful dots behind it.

I read this whole thread and there seem to be many differences with other people's superpad's and the groupon one. The groupon one looks like this: D.N.G Superpad i7 7″ infortm X210 Flytouch Android 2.2 512MB 4GB WIFI HDMI Camera Tablet pc | Zoomafx.
    Same name different hardware than seen in October and posted in the original post (OP). Thus the need for the Hardware Id "hwver" to determine the proper firmware.

SuperPad III 752 - This is a closer match. Suggest separate threads for various models either here, the SuperPad forum, or the InfoTMIC based forum.

I've tried all the factory reset button combination possibilities posted on this thread to no avail (ie. I don't have a button left of the power button). Also tried cfrockit's really good post on factory resets, but didn't work either. The buttons nor the model is the same. My suspicion is that it's because it's not even a sylvania tablet.
    These are NOT Sylvania branded tablets but all the tablets discussed in this forum a InfoTMIC powered and some share similar functions, firmware, and most of all issues. Wifi on InfoTMIC tablets is a known issue with no known fix.

The startup screen is also different: the initial screen just shows the android logo (without the numbers at the bottom right) and the second screen is the android character with colorful dots behind it. And I can't seem to get past this screen.
    There are some pictures of the boot sequence earlier in this post similar to as you describe. Not getting past the splash screens is good in that at least it is not completely bricked but will require a "factory reset" or may require burning the correct firmware.

I tried connecting my tablet to my windows 7 computer via usb cable, but my computer doesn't recognize it.

Lost and feel like I just wasted $150. Any help here for this specific model?
    None of the InfoTMIC powered tablets support connection to the computer except for burning firmware but that requires Win 32 and again a key press combination to interrupt the normal boot process.
    Last edited by cfrockit; 12-16-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    wongmon thanked this.

Member #
    Without wifi or computer connection, does anyone else know of a creative way to put content onto the tablet? I'm talking about videos, documents, music ... I'm trying to make the most out of this tablet given all the issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Achievements:
    Veteran 150,000 Experience Points 100,000 Experience Points 50,000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Sylvania SYNET7LP
    Quote Originally Posted by wongmon View Post
    Without wifi or computer connection, does anyone else know of a creative way to put content onto the tablet? I'm talking about videos, documents, music ... I'm trying to make the most out of this tablet given all the issues. Any help would be appreciated.
    Side load applications using a micro SD card or copy videos to micro SD and view content from card or copy to internal memory. The Sylvania tablets came with a mini USB to USB cable which can also be used to load or view content using USB flash drive.

Once you have regained Wifi connectivity there are several post related to wifi media servers to copy/stream content locally.

If your tablet is booting can you please post the Hardware Id "hwver" for investigation? It will be listed either on the Device info in Settings or can be obtained by installing Android Terminal Emulator and issuing the following command.

$cat /proc/cmdline

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Colby 7015
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrockit View Post
    None of the InfoTMIC powered tablets support connection to the computer except for burning firmware but that requires Win 32 and again a key press combination to interrupt the normal boot process.
    Actually I just tried connecting my Superpad i7 to a Windows 7 machine via the micro usb port and it does recognize that tablet and allows me to use it as a USB Mass Storage device. I'm actually glad I tried it because I have some large movies I want to transfer over. When I get time I'll search for a usb driver and see if I can get adb working.

My hardware id version is 0.5.0.2(735)
    Last edited by Marbieskarb; 12-17-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    m701sa
    marbieskarb, hold esc (button infront) menu then power. after that release it. win 7 32bit will not recognized. go to devices and printers, unknown devices(most bottom) right click > properties, updates driver, choose from list list> have disk> browse to otg_driver.
    this driver are only for 32bit win OS.

to nwfungi, foxnet99 and cfrockit, is there any solution to mount storage device in m701sa rom? pls help me. flash drive and sd keeps unmount. always says safe to remove.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Sylvania SYNET7LP

Hardware Id "hwver" 0.5.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by Marbieskarb View Post
    Actually I just tried connecting my Superpad i7 to a Windows 7 machine via the micro usb port and it does recognize that tablet and allows me to use it as a USB Mass Storage device. I'm actually glad I tried it because I have some large movies I want to transfer over. When I get time I'll search for a usb driver and see if I can get adb working.

My hardware id version is 0.5.0.2(735)
    foxnet99 in Post #41 identified the firmware and posted the steps should you ever need to fully restore the tablet.

Hardware Id "hwver" 0.5.0.2

SuperPAD i7 (P745) / Mini Superpad 741 / M701SA / CEMX2102

Caution: There are multiple tablets named SuperPad 7" however they have different hardware (boards) therefore burning the incorrect InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) file specifically an incompatible U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" image will cause irreparable damage (brick) the tablet.

M701SA_0722_V2.1.ius

Wrap Information:
    Code:
    Company: None
    Board: error
    FileNum: 0.5.0.2.2.1
    Size 72 MB

Image List:
    U0 (258.5 K) U-Boot 2009.08-svn735 (Jul 11 2015 - 05:03:28)
    RD (191 KB)
    RD_ (4779 KB)
    LK (2346 KB)
    ADR_USER (8.5 KB)
    ADR_NDISK (8.5 KB)
    ADR_AS (66767 KB)
    Last edited by cfrockit; 12-17-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Superpad i7
    Quote Originally Posted by skiddo View Post
    marbieskarb, hold esc (button infront) menu then power. after that release it. win 7 32bit will not recognized. go to devices and printers, unknown devices(most bottom) right click > properties, updates driver, choose from list list> have disk> browse to otg_driver.
    this driver are only for 32bit win OS.

to nwfungi, foxnet99 and cfrockit, is there any solution to mount storage device in m701sa rom? pls help me. flash drive and sd keeps unmount. always says safe to remove.
    I had to flash with the M701SA_0722_V2.1.ius (link in this thread) to make that go away. Wifi, camera and everything been rock solid since.
    cfrockit thanked this.

Member #
    Device
    Superpad i7 flytouch android
    I too purchased the 512 D.N.G Superpad i7 7″ infortm X210 Flytouch Android 2.2 512MB 4GB WIFI HDMI CameraTablet pc ZM-PD-97 through Groupon. I am trying to return it because it appears to be defective.... the liquid crystal discolours parts of the screen that you're not even touching while pressing another area of the sreen. The screen is totally insensitive, it is only responsive when one presses so hard that one's finger becomes fatigued. When resting the tablet on one hand, that hand print then shows through on the screen through the liquid crystal. And this was all just in the first 10 minutes... we had to struggle just to unlock it because we had to press soooooo hard. Definitely not going to work for the senior citizen that it was purchased for considering all you techie people are having a difficult time. Not only disappointed in this product, now, after reading other's experiences with it, I'm wondering where this thing even came from... anyone have any manufacturing info on it? or just China?

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Ads: