Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thanks Tree5Thanks

Thread: SYNETA7 netbook

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania 7 Smartbook SYNETA7

Flashing the SYNETA7 Smartbook

How did you get the smartbook to show up on another computer... I have a smartbook just like yours and i believe someone before me softbricked it and I wanna try to breathe life into this please reply with any info you can on here or email me @ ausinjames07@hotmail.com thanks so much

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered 7 days registered 31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticfreek View Post
    How did you get the smartbook to show up on another computer... I have a smartbook just like yours and i believe someone before me softbricked it and I wanna try to breathe life into this please reply with any info you can on here or email me @ ausinjames07@hotmail.com thanks so much
    I installed terminal emulator on the smartbook and ran dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/mtd2.img bs=4096

I used an sd card to install the terminal and rooted with universal androot. I don't think there is a way to use adb to connect the smartbook via usb. I'm not sure if there is a way to recover the SYNETA7 in the typical ways or not. I'm still researching, but so far no one is extensively working on anything for this specific model. The methods used in other Sylvania tablets may or may not work.

250 Experience Points 3 months registered 7 days registered 31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dryce View Post
    I installed terminal emulator on the smartbook and ran dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/mtd2.img bs=4096

I used an sd card to install the terminal and rooted with universal androot. I don't think there is a way to use adb to connect the smartbook via usb. I'm not sure if there is a way to recover the SYNETA7 in the typical ways or not. I'm still researching, but so far no one is extensively working on anything for this specific model. The methods used in other Sylvania tablets may or may not work.
    Not sure if this helps you, but you can use adb wireless if you have a wireless system setup. If you're soft-bricked I'm not sure you could even load the apk. But here is a setup guide Use ADB Wirelessly Over Wi-Fi With adbWireless for Android
    you will need the SDK.

500 Experience Points 7 days registered 31 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    SYNETA7
    It finally died. It is stuck at the Infotmic screen. It used to get stuck at the orange Sylvania screen but I pressed the reset button on the bottom. I bought two of these for my kids for Christmas and they were a hit for a while. My sons power supply for his died shortly after he got it. He and his sister shared hers until his Syneta7 died. Pretty sure the heat from charging it killed it. My daughters continued to operate until august when it got stuck on the Sylvania logo.
    In hindsight, I wish I would have got them the Kindle or another reputable brand. I have sent an email to Sylvania support but I doubt I will hear from them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ads: