Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree15Thanks

Thread: Apply a Factory Reset - (Step by Step with Images)

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Velocity Cruz Reader
    Any advice on how to get my Velocity Cruz Reader to work. It won't turn on even with a charge.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #

Acci-bricked

So here's the question.

The link for what to do if you get the 'no recovery image found' error leads to the 'how to manually update to froyo 2.2' thread. So for those of us with the express, that's our only option? Part of the reason I'm asking is that I know have a tebex7 stuck at the 'Sylvania" screen and I don't know what the hwver for it is.

1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania 7" Mini Tablet Express
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrok007 View Post
    I know have a tebex7 stuck at the 'Sylvania" screen and I don't know what the hwver for it is.
    I would say this: Try holding the Reset button on the back for a full 10 seconds. See if it will boot. If not try doing the "3 finger salute" (holding the power button AND the menu button AND touch the screen) to boot it... if it will go through the attempt (that will fail) to "recover" your tab it will still work if you flash it.
    I know there are at least 2 different HWVR for the EX7. but I don't remember reading about incompatibility issues.
    Have you tried the OTG connection yet? if you can get to there you can use ADB to find the HWVR....

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ne View Post
    I would say this: Try holding the Reset button on the back for a full 10 seconds. See if it will boot. If not try doing the "3 finger salute" (holding the power button AND the menu button AND touch the screen) to boot it... if it will go through the attempt (that will fail) to "recover" your tab it will still work if you flash it.
    I know there are at least 2 different HWVR for the EX7. but I don't remember reading about incompatibility issues.
    Have you tried the OTG connection yet? if you can get to there you can use ADB to find the HWVR....
    Sadly I've tried both methods. Neither work, it just gets to the Sylvania screen, but no animation. As for the the flashing part, my understanding is that I need to know the hwver before I do that. Even there I'm SoL because of the computers I have access to. One is Win7 64-bit, which I've read doesn't work. The other two are WinXP, cept one is work, so that ain't happening, and the home one has something buggy with the USB. Everytime I connect the tab with the OTG, it shuts off the computer. Yeah I know, weird. My luck with computers has gone to **** since I moved to Florida.

So back to the original question, is flashing to 2.2 the only option? or can I hit back 2.1 somehow?
    Other question is, doesn't the non-express version have a recovery section? I thought I read it does. One option I'm considering, since there are two local Sears stores nearby, and that sale is still going on, is to get that one, and then just return the tabex7 to the CVS I bought it from.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 150,000 Experience Points 100,000 Experience Points 50,000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Sylvania SYNET7LP

Lesson learned

So back to the original question, is flashing to 2.2 the only option? or can I hit back 2.1 somehow?
    From your description, you have attempted all of the known reset methods without success. The easiest but not the fastest solution is to contact Digital Gadgets Customer Service and request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) since the device is still under warranty but fails to function.

A 2.1 recovery image for the SYTABEX7 has never been identified.

The recovery image for these tablets is believed to be a complete update file in the *.ius format stored in the mtd2 "resv" partition. During the manual update process, the update file (*.ius) utilized is saved to the mtd2 "resv" partition. After updating, the next time a "factory reset (three finger method)" is attempted the stored *.ius will be extracted and burn to restore the tablet.

Other question is, doesn't the non-express version have a recovery section? I thought I read it does.
    Only some tablets had a working "factory reset (three finger method)" but all tablets obtained this functionality after the update process as noted above. Even if they didn't, knowing how to update manually serves the same purpose unless 1) you want to stay at a previous version and don't have *.ius file 2) the "hwver" is unknown, then using an incorrect *.ius could brick the tablet.

Lesson learned - While the tablet is functioning:

Make a copy of your receipt, save the warranty and the contact information for Customer Service

AND

1) confirm the "factory reset (three finger method)" works
    2) identify the Hardware ID "hwver"
    3) obtain the appropriate update file *.ius (either from the mtd2 "resv" partition or the update server)
    4) obtain and explore the use of the update utility
    5) ensure your computer can either create a working bootable microSD card or connect via OTG port with the proper drivers

Then enjoy your tablet experience!
    Last edited by cfrockit; 05-31-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    caspianhamrah thanked this.

Member #
    Okay, has anyone else had problems being able to do the Factory reset after applying the upgrade?

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania
    Sadly I've tried both methods. Neither work, it just gets to the Sylvania screen, but no animation. As for the the flashing part, my understanding is that I need to know the hwver before I do that. Even there I'm SoL because of the computers I have access to. One is Win7 64-bit, which I've read doesn't work. The other two are WinXP, cept one is work, so that ain't happening, and the home one has something buggy with the USB. Everytime I connect the tab with the OTG, it shuts off the computer. Yeah I know, weird. My luck with computers has gone to **** since I moved to Florida.

Other question is, doesn't the non-express version have a recovery section? I thought I read it does. One option I'm considering, since there are two local Sears stores nearby, and that sale is still going on, is to get that one, and then just return the tabex7 to the CVS I bought it from.
    Why would you want to return to 2.1, there's really no reason.
    Since you still have the option to return to CVS, I would say assume the hwver is 11.2.1.5, and flash with beta4, it's very nice, much nicer that what came with it.
    If it bricks the tablet return it.
    But you will need a stable Windows computer to do it with.

100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    [on the screen calibration is off and the screen calibration impossible!

Tagger Second Class 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania 7" mini tablet
    when i release the meu-on/off keys it turn off so i dont have time to press menu key again
    Arinborn thanked this.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 150,000 Experience Points 100,000 Experience Points 50,000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Sylvania SYNET7LP
    Quote Originally Posted by luisxd View Post
    when i release the meu-on/off keys it turn off so i dont have time to press menu key again
    Try the alternate approach described in this thread - Recovery

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ads: