Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

    Member #
    19778
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9

    "Mini Tablet" vs "Mini Tablet Express"

    Just bought a Sylvania 7" Mini Tablet Express from CVS for $99. I thought that was the same one shown on Digital Gadget's web site at first.

    Then I found out the UPC codes are different. Mine says SYTABEX7 and the one discussed in this forum is SYNET7LP. I also found that product specification in the back of the box were different. The SYNET7LP model has 1GHz ARM11 processor and 2GB storage. The Express one says 1GB storage and has no mention of the processor.

    Can anyone tell me what the differences are between these two tablet? What kind of processor does it have and at what speed? I haven't opened the box and is wondering whether I should just return it.

  2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Administrator Achievements:
    100,000 Experience Points Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points

    Member #
    795
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,486
    Thanked
    433 times
    Device
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    Run ASI on it. I think the only difference is the internal memory, making this a pretty darn good deal for the tablet, for the hardware anyway.

    http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...formation.html
    Huawei Ideos S7-104 on Singapore ROM, HSG X5A, RK2818 RT7, (Past: IMX515 APAD, RK2808 APAD)

    My written articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License

    本人現在已比較小時間瀏覽此論壇。有關和此論壇的合作關係,請聯絡admin或4Nines。

  4. #3
    Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

    Member #
    19905
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    209
    Thanked
    10 times
    Device
    Sylvania 7" Mini Tablet Express
    Ok. now I am confused. I also just got the $99 tablet @ CVS. I love it! But you said that your model was listed as SYTABEX7 on the box. mine is too. but if you go into settings and scroll down to About Device, it says the Model Number is SYNET7LP. mine has Firmware Ver. DG2.01 and Kernal Ver 2.6.32.9 zhouli@judy-pc #31

    I am going to try to root it this week. But I want to make sure I am doing it the right way for the right device. Could it be that the box has the SYTABEX7 becauce the device has the 50% memory and no HDMI, but the rest of the hardware is the same and still has the SYNET7LP listed in the software?

  5. #4
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

    Member #
    19778
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ne View Post
    Ok. now I am confused. I also just got the $99 tablet @ CVS. I love it! But you said that your model was listed as SYTABEX7 on the box. mine is too. but if you go into settings and scroll down to About Device, it says the Model Number is SYNET7LP. mine has Firmware Ver. DG2.01 and Kernal Ver 2.6.32.9 zhouli@judy-pc #31

    I am going to try to root it this week. But I want to make sure I am doing it the right way for the right device. Could it be that the box has the SYTABEX7 becauce the device has the 50% memory and no HDMI, but the rest of the hardware is the same and still has the SYNET7LP listed in the software?
    It's good to hear that the model number in the tablet could be different from the that in the UPC. Less flash storage is ok as I plan to use it with micro sd card. I just hope the CPU is still 1GHz ARM11.

    I am waiting for arrival of screen protector before taking the factory tape off so I haven't turn the unit on yet.

  6. #5
    Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

    Member #
    19925
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanked
    1 times
    Device
    Sylvania Mini Tablet Express
    Quote Originally Posted by xaueious View Post
    Run ASI on it. I think the only difference is the internal memory, making this a pretty darn good deal for the tablet, for the hardware anyway.

    http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...formation.html
    I just picked one of these up on Sunday as well. Hopefully we'll get some increased traffic and action on these boards as people pick them up for $99! I have ASI on mine and it says the following for CPU: Processor: ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l). Hardware: IMAPX200.

    For what it's worth, I really like mine. I rooted it and loaded a working market (THANKS bigwooly!!!). I've played Angry Birds, watched a movie, surfed some Java heavy websites with Skyfire, and basically just f'ed around. There's a lot of hate out there for this thing, but for what it is (disposable, cheap, FUN tech), I think it's a blast.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

    Member #
    19905
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    209
    Thanked
    10 times
    Device
    Sylvania 7" Mini Tablet Express
    ok. how did you root it? Did you use the instructions here? i tried z4root and it gave me the UBS Debug error.

  8. #7
    Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

    Member #
    20001
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MGGopher View Post
    I just picked one of these up on Sunday as well. Hopefully we'll get some increased traffic and action on these boards as people pick them up for $99! I have ASI on mine and it says the following for CPU: Processor: ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l). Hardware: IMAPX200.

    For what it's worth, I really like mine. I rooted it and loaded a working market (THANKS bigwooly!!!). I've played Angry Birds, watched a movie, surfed some Java heavy websites with Skyfire, and basically just f'ed around. There's a lot of hate out there for this thing, but for what it is (disposable, cheap, FUN tech), I think it's a blast.
    Agreed. I picked mine up from CVS for $99 as well, rooted, put on market, and have been loving it. WORD TO THE WISE: There is an "Update Device" option at the bottom of the list in Settings, I checked this every day since I got it and today, there was an update. IT BRICKED MY TABLET. I'm going to be returning it to CVS. DO NOT UPDATE.

  9. #8
    Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

    Member #
    19323
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4
    Device
    Sylvania synet7lp

    Rooting Tablet Express (sytabex7)

    Quote Originally Posted by st0ne View Post
    ok. how did you root it? Did you use the instructions here? i tried z4root and it gave me the UBS Debug error.
    I used universal Androot and it worked beautifully. I didn't put market on my tablet however because the tablet states it does not have a recovery image on it. I used other sources to get my .APK's and side loaded them.

  10. #9
    Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

    Member #
    19925
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanked
    1 times
    Device
    Sylvania Mini Tablet Express
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ne View Post
    ok. how did you root it? Did you use the instructions here? i tried z4root and it gave me the UBS Debug error.
    Ditto what others said...I used Universal AndRoot as part of the process to get a working Market. It worked quickly and flawlessly. I seriously think this thing is a blast. I discovered last night that you can set the display to turn off automatically after 1 minute of inactivity (which many of you know, I'm sure). Settings>Sounds & Display>Screen Timeout. This obviously has a positive impact on affect on battery life, which is good--it's pretty sad.

  11. #10
    Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

    Member #
    17052
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    728
    Thanked
    95 times
    Not available in Pittsburgh
    Fugatech
    nookcolor 1.1 rooted with Auto-Nooter 3.0.0//Viewsonic G-Tab running 1.1 Bottle of Smoke a5.2 Honeycomb //Droid 2 rooted running Liberty v1.5
    Remember to use the Thanks button!


 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 08:51 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 04:01 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 03:42 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 07:12 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 12:15 PM

Search tags for this page

android tablet cvs pharmacy
,
cvs pharmacy android tablet
,
cvs tablet
,
mini tablet express
,

sylvania 7 mini tablet express

,
sylvania 7 mini tablet walmart
,

sylvania mini tablet express

,

sylvania tablet express

,
tablet express
,
tabletexpress
,
tabletexpress.com
,
www.tabletexpress.com
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.11
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Android Tablets.net is not affiliated or associated with Google, Android Project or any of the device manufacturers listed on this site.
We are simply an enthusiast site.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.