Or To quote Bigpond https://bigpond.custhelp.com/app/ans...YVdRU2d4VGs%3D
"Email settings summary
To access your BigPond email account, from an email program such as Outlook, you need to use the following settings:
For customers who have BigPond Email ® with Windows Live®. Available to all NEW customers who connected on or after 10 February 2012.
Not sure if you are on the BigPond Email with Windows Live service? Check now.
INCOMING SERVER SETTINGS
- POP Server: pop3.live.com
- Security: This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
- Port: Default SSL Port 995
OUTGOING SERVER SETTINGS
- SMTP Server: smtp.live.com
- Security: This server requires a secure connection (TLS or SSL Encryption depending on the mail client you’re using)
- If you are currently using Outlook, Mac Mail, iPhones, Windows Phones, Android’s please use TLS.
- Port: Default TLS Port 587
IMPORTANT – ALSO BE SURE TO:
- Tick the box indicating outgoing server requires authentication (in most email clients, this is not selec ted by default).
- Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) with the POP and SMTP connection, and SMTP authentication for security.
All other customers will be updated to Bigpond Email with Windows Live during 2012 and can use the below settings until that time:
- Incoming (POP3) mail server: mail.bigpond.com
- Outgoing (SMTP) mail server: mail.bigpond.com
- Username: Your full BigPond email address (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your email password
Secure Password Authentication (SPA) should be unselected or unticked, if you're asked.
For Customers who are on BigPond Windows Live platform you can send and receive email messages via your browser or using an email client.
ACCESS TO EMAIL USING YOUR WEB BROWSER
- Go to messaging.bigpond.com
- Enter your BigPond username (or email address)
- Enter your password, then click ‘Log in’.
ACCESS TO EMAIL USING YOUR EMAIL CLIENT
As an alternative to webmail, you can use email ‘client’ software on your computer or mobile device. Common examples of these include Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird and Apple Mail.
You’ll find step-by-step instructions for popular email clients at bigpond.com/email-update
HELP KEEP YOUR EMAIL SECURE.
Stay Cyber Safe, visit our internet and cyber safety pages, go to: www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/advice/internet/
Before you start accessing your email, consider BigPond Security for Windows Desktops at bigpond.com/security or Lookout Mobile Security for Android at mylookout.com/telstra