Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree27Thanks

Thread: APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by helfrez View Post
    For anyone interested, here is the cleaned up keylayout that works for me with the proper mappings. My MID701 came with Back, Menu, and Sleep. I have been unable to get the front button to do anything other than sleep, seems hardwired, but I remapped my keys to Menu, Home, Sleep. It can be a pain to not have "Back", but not as much as not having Home lol.

/system/usr/keylayout/telechips_keypad.kl

key 158 MENU WAKE_DROPPED
    key 139 HOME WAKE_DROPPED
    key 116 POWER WAKE
    The projects that run Android on Windows Mobile phones have come up with a way to do keymapping based on duration of the key-press. Ideally we'd be able to map a quick press of the center button to home and a long press to sleep.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Stolz View Post
    I don't own an Andoid tablet but may be this helps you to identify your rom version

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...formation.html

Nice app. Under "Build Infos" it shows me field called "Display" with the following: "telechips_tcc8900_cn-eng 2.1-update1 ECLAIR eng-root.20100717.070414 test-keys". thats the only thing that look like a build identifier of any kind.

Under Settings\About Device\Kernel version I see the following: "2.6.29 root@localhost #331"

I'm assuming I have the rom labeled 330 above

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    7" Apad Telechip Android 2.1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by david38002 View Post
    Hey thanks a lot. That solved the U tube problem. As yet I haven't experienced the shut down problem, but that may be due to the usb connection I am using to power the unit.
    I still haven't heard from the company I made the purchase from "WiiPad.us" or "Wiipad Technonogy International Limited" I am concerned about this as I paid thru paypal and may have a hard time getting any resolution to the problem if they never respond. I'll give them another day and see what happens.
    No problem I scratched my head on that issue for a while. Glad you solved your U Tube issue. Some people have found some mobile phone chargers work but check the voltage is OK first. I haven't got the same model as you, mine is the G11 or X5A with HDMI port but find someone with same model and check what the power supply has written on it.

Junior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Just have to chyme in on this conversation - I got my demo unit and needed to flash it, so here's the procedure I used successfully.

This is what I'm doing (updated)

0) Make sure you have your device ac adapter plugged in at all times.

1) Start With the M701 disconnected from the PC
    2) Run VTC Driver Installer v5.00 for 2000_XP.EXE, complete the installation.
    3) Copy FWDN_V7_CFG.ini to WINDOWS folder (note: it will add the following to the drop-down selection menu - "DEBUG-LEVEL format before download" and "DEBUG-LEVEL format & verification before download".)
    4) Run FWDN_V7_v2.09.exe, choose the "DEBUG-LEVEL format & verification before download" option.
    5) add the lkhania.rom to the file path list in FWDN
    6) add the tcc8900_mtd_haina.img (or tcc8900_mtd.img) to the file path list in FWDN
    7) add the NAND Data.fai to the file path list in FWDN
    7) set the following in tools, options: In the "OUI" field enter 0x2059A0, "NIC" field enter 0x031468. Make sure you only check "insert wifi mac address".
    8) slide power switch off then on
    9) hold down the power and menu (home) button, and while doing that, attach the pad to the computer with usb cable (in the usb port closest to the microsd port). It will stay at the HAIPAD screen, and begin loading the files.
    10) You can stop holding the buttons, then click NAND Data in the area map
    11) Name the partition, choose the same NAND data file (it will ask you if you want to replace it, yes you do) and click create image. It will utilize ALL the free space in your device for a disk partition.
    12) click start in FWDN. Wait until it completes, the window will go green. Slide off and on, then turn it on.

Now you get to go through setup in chinese, hope you remember the buttons to press! Calibrate the screen, and go find setup. Fifth from the bottom is language options [A]. First option is set locale. Choose your preferred language.

Hope this helps.

Brendan
    androidtablets.ca
    Last edited by koppit; 08-30-2010 at 11:46 PM.
    wentzeric thanked this.

Member #
    Device
    HaiPad M701
    Thank you so much Brendan. I can see that I was missing copying the ini to the windows folder, and a couple of other steps. I'll try this tonight. You rock!

Member #
    Ok, now this is puzzling my mind.

Manual lists full HDMI-OUT capability, including (software, not hardware) screenshots:
    http://www.androidtime.com/download/...MID_M701EN.pdf

But on the same website that sells the the product and translated the manual into English, the product specs don't mention HDMI even once:

http://www.androidtime.com/shop/17-a...ipad-m701.html

I have been following the thread and I know there's a new model out that is supposed to support HDMI etc, but when I look at the casing pictures, ads, manuals etc, I still cannot fully connect the dots.

I know there's a metal case one that has an HDMI port but in the androidtime forums that one is listed as A03 model, while the manual which mentions HDMI out is for the A02 model.

Member #
    Device
    G-1
    Thanks for the info.
    I have found a charger . Got it from a company on the west coast. and had to have the plug changed.. I'm out a few bucks for all this so the chase is on to see if I can get the supplier to pay....very doubtfull......
    Another interesting development, I can no longer download from the Androin Market with this device. Worked for a couple days then nothing. Just goes the the download screen and hangs.
    I am finding that getting out of the browser is a real pain, I have to hit the back button forever or reboot the device.

David Streeter.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_ View Post
    Ok, now this is puzzling my mind.

Manual lists full HDMI-OUT capability, including (software, not hardware) screenshots:
    http://www.androidtime.com/download/...MID_M701EN.pdf

But on the same website that sells the the product and translated the manual into English, the product specs don't mention HDMI even once:

android 2.1 Telechips 800mhz 7inch aPad tablet HaiPad MID M701

I have been following the thread and I know there's a new model out that is supposed to support HDMI etc, but when I look at the casing pictures, ads, manuals etc, I still cannot fully connect the dots.

I know there's a metal case one that has an HDMI port but in the androidtime forums that one is listed as A03 model, while the manual which mentions HDMI out is for the A02 model.
    You can see HDMI in the settings as well. I'm pretty sure this has HDMI hardware, its just that the first run used leftover aPad casings which didn't have holes for the HDMI cable. If you had a dremel and some good soldering skills this would probably be an easy mod.

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    I am in love with this tablet. Took a few days to get used to the Android OS, but here's what I've learned.

1) Market app works great - no hiccups there.
    2) You can modify the power button to go to Main Menu... nice timesaver.
    3) YouTube app works great. Videos play well.
    4) System will start to bog down (not as snappy) after a while, just need ATK app.
    5) First few battery charge/recharge cycles were not very inspiring, but after draining completely then fully charging 3 times - I'm getting 5 hours with WiFi on.

Very impressive device for $185. I bought mine at merimobiles.com - delivered to US in 7 days.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by codf4therq View Post
    I'm pretty sure this has HDMI hardware, its just that the first run used leftover aPad casings which didn't have holes for the HDMI cable.
    Well, then it has incomplete HDMI hardware, since the casing is part of the hardware and it doesn't support it.

So basically it cannot output HD video by any means? Not even by USB? if that was the case, one could hope to get it working with an adapter such as this, but one that works with linux:
    GrandTec USB to HDMI Video Converter - GHD-2000, $129.95

Looks like some one in e-bay is about to get a big fat negative qualification from me.

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Ads: