Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thread: Cruz Reader

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

Cruz Reader

I'm thinking of getting the Cruz Tablet when it comes out in November... does anyone have any additional info on this tablet pc? I just found out about it and read some info on the Cruz site. If anyone has any reviews that they can post I would be most appreciative!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    No reviews are available yet but we plan to review this when it is released. This is for the Cruz Tablet not the Reader which is already out.
    Mike
    Blogger
    TabletConnect.blogspot.com
    Follow us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    I have been using the Cruz ereader for about a month and a half... its works well for my use but I noticed it has a number of bugs
    The clock always seems to reset itself to EST. It seems strange to have to daily update it to the my current time zone. The move function in Astro doesn't work.
    It came with the Boarders reader, but I have switched over to the Kindle reader... much smoother and faster.
    I have watched videos and music. Plays pretty good for me. You just have to make sure it is in the right format. The videos can be a bit hurky jurky but are clear.
    There are some issues with the touch screen being slow to respond... but that seems to vary from application to application.

Unfortunately currently there is no access to the Android Market. So you have to hunt around for applications. It would have been nice to have a video camera built in and skype.

I have seen similar products coming out for less... though I haven't actually held one or reviewed them. It could use a faster processor and some work. Velocity's site has minimal support.
    I tried to register to provide feed back... but they never responded to my request.

I use it daily, to read, surf the net, watch videos and check my email. Over all I am pretty satisfied with it... but given their are similar products coming out that are $50 cheaper... maybe you should wait.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Look at my post from Nov 16th

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    I posted a brief review of this device with two others earlier this week. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...omparison.html
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member #
    Device
    Velocity Cruz R103
    My R103 has the same time-zone glitch!! It wont stay on pacific time, only on Eastern. :/

Ads: