Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree6Thanks

Thread: Our Review of the Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet (T103)

Senior Member Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #

Our Review of the Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet (T103)

Here is our official review of the Cruz Tablet. Comments are always welcome.
    xaueious, gurgle, Partenope and 1 others thanked this.
    Mike
    Blogger
    TabletConnect.blogspot.com
    Follow us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Achievements:
    100,000 Experience Points Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    Nice review you did there. Performance looks to be right between the VIA WM8505 and the Rockchip RK2808. That's really bad.
    Huawei Ideos S7-104 on Singapore ROM, HSG X5A, RK2818 RT7, (Past: IMX515 APAD, RK2808 APAD)

My written articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License

本人現在已比較小時間瀏覽此論壇。有關和此論壇的合作關係,請聯絡admin或4Nines。

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    excellent review..I differ with your ending results.. the zenpad is not sold in the USA from brick and Mortar stores..but shipped from china, with chinese support..I do miss the 3d graphics but thats all.. with other imported tablets running 4 hr battery life, some 3-4...the Cruz's replaceable battery is a hugh plus..
    1....how did you get the built in speakers to play???
    2....Mini USB keyboards wont play either...no usb supprt

5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jlaubin View Post
    excellent review..I differ with your ending results.. the zenpad is not sold in the USA from brick and Mortar stores..but shipped from china, with chinese support..I do miss the 3d graphics but thats all.. with other imported tablets running 4 hr battery life, some 3-4...the Cruz's replaceable battery is a hugh plus..
    1....how did you get the built in speakers to play???
    2....Mini USB keyboards wont play either...no usb supprt
    That is true regarding the ZenPad which is actually no longer sold in single units. FlatComputing sells the Zenithink ZT-180 for under $200 although they have had some issues with their products and customer service. In addition, one can find a US seller on eBay. Any how, you are right regarding the battery life. That is the greatest strength of the Cruz Tablet. As for your question on the speakers, not sure what you mean. they just work. The volume could be louder. Yes, full USB would have been nice.

@xaueious: Thank you.
    Mike
    Blogger
    Follow us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by xaueious View Post
    Nice review you did there. Performance looks to be right between the VIA WM8505 and the Rockchip RK2808. That's really bad.
    Xaueious: Would you know why the Cruz Tablet scored so high on the BenchmarkPi test? My understanding is that this MIPS processor is dual core. I do not know if this BenchmarkPi is a multi-thread test which may explain the high score.
    Mike
    Blogger
    Follow us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

Administrator Achievements:
    100,000 Experience Points Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    I'm actually not that technical. It might be just a difference in CPU architectures. Not sure if it is dual core, but I doubt it. Ingenic has always been a low end CPU manufacturer. The fact that the Cruz is being marketed where it is at now is a joke. I actually heard it's either a 90 or 130 nm chip. They are way behind, so they are selling really cheap.
    Huawei Ideos S7-104 on Singapore ROM, HSG X5A, RK2818 RT7, (Past: IMX515 APAD, RK2808 APAD)

My written articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License

本人現在已比較小時間瀏覽此論壇。有關和此論壇的合作關係,請聯絡admin或4Nines。

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Velocity Cruz Tablet
    Great review! The only ammendment I would make is that downloaded .3g2 (.mp4) videos ran fine.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Looking @ Android Tablet Own Windows PC & Lappy

Thumbs down

Don't know all the techy stuff you are talking about but after 2 attempts contacting micro velocity they basically said 'bad luck your not in the US', so I'm glad I have been doing additional research before & after joining the forum. Needless to say this is 1 tablet I don't have to look @ any more.
    Last edited by min10-2008; 12-27-2010 at 04:58 AM. Reason: typo

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet
    In your review, you mentioned a 'hack' for the Android Market for the Tablet. So far, I've not seen such a creature, only a hack for the READER. Is there such a thing? If so, where do I get it?

I also know that there is a 'hack' to increase the processor speed on the Reader from (I think it's around 533Mhz?) to 800Mhz. Anything like that for the Tablet? Or is it unnecessary?

Junior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Cruz T103
    So I have had my T103 for less than a day now and I have made good strides with it.

FIRST - UPDATE your device. Goto the official website for Cruz and in the support section there is an update. It GREATLY improves the functionality of the screen and speed of the unit.
    My Cruz now works likes my EVO as far as screen and such.

Also, install the Skyfire 3.1 browser. make it your default. Don't look back.

I am still testing the unit. Pandora works great on it. I will post more later. Enjoy!
    WTF and yankeefixit thanked this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: