Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet

T103 Update... help?

I tried to install the firmware update on my Tablet today, but could not get the device to see the update zip.

I followed the instructions on the Velocity Micro site, and even tried using the button combo for the Reader (which caused my Tablet not to power on, until I hit the 'reset' button). I also tried the update tool, but I got an error that it could not open the archive.

I double checked to make sure the update.zip was on the SD card, that I could open the archive (no, I didn't extract it), and that it wasn't write protected or something... I'm clueless on this one.

Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    I got nothin. All I did was run the update tool with only update.zip on the sd card, can you show some screen shots from your computer?

1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Cruz T103

did you get it?

You want to be sure that you can read thw file from the card on the device before you begin.

Basically, I coped the file onto the card from my PC, then I inserted the card
    into the device, then turned on the device and made sure I could read the filename.
    Then I hit yje reset button, let go and quickly presses thw volume + button and held
    It down until the CRUZ logo appeared. And that was all there was to it.

If you still need help let us know.

Member #
    Device
    Maybe I need to clear the card from everything EXCEPT the update.zip file?? =/ Maybe?? I dunno, I'm gonna try it.

Member #
    Device
    Tried clearing the card of everything except update.zip, still no worky.

When I try to run the Cruz Update Utility, the application window opens, but I get an error message that 'choice.exe', in a temp directory, is not a valid Win32 application. Then, the Utility window shows 'access denied', something about a daemon stopping and starting, and then the application closes. That's all I get.

Anyone know whether I'm supposed to 'mount' the device after I plug it in? Or just leave it unmounted? I've tried both ways, doesn't seem to help.

Member #
    Did you install the USB driver from the velocity website?

If so, have you tried doing the update from a different computer? Sounds like a computer issue and not the tablet

Member #
    Device
    Unfortunately, I discovered why my device cannot be updated.

I spoke with Velocity today (after being on hold for around 2hrs). As it turns out, my device has a 'rare' (so they say), hardware failure.

The way to detect this, is to look under device manager, under 'Disk Drives' (after installing the driver, of course). My Cruz is listed as <NULL> <NULL> USB Device. This means that there is a hardware failure, preventing it from being seen by applications on my computer.

I can access the SDcard through my Tablet, when it is tethered to my computer, just as I should be able to... but I guess it can't be accessed the other way.

I'm going to have to return the Tablet to Velocity, and they will replace it... but that means I have to be without the Tablet during the shipping process. Oh well.

Anyway, if anyone else runs into that issue, that's what is going on. *grump*

Member #
    Device
    Velocity Micro Cruz T103
    What is in the firmware update?
    Last edited by dj idea; 01-13-2011 at 11:57 PM.

1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Cruz T103

Member #
    Device
    Velocity Cruz Tablet R101
    Wow... well at least you know what is wrong and they are going to take care of it! It's good to know they seem to have decent support and stand behind the product.

I did the update for mine a couple nights ago after getting a new SD card to use for it, and it went smoothly. I was mad at myself for forgetting to back up a couple apps as it says it reformats it back to original, but doesn't remove anything from the SD cards... so I assumed EVERYTHING was gone... however when I reinstalled Laputa, I found out that while the reader itself installs to the internal drive, the BOOKS are on the internal SD card, so all I had to do was replace them onto my shelf from the reader.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: