Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78

What can you do with the USB Port?

So far I have tried the following devices and can confirm they work when plugged into my ViewSonic gTab running VEGAn 1.0.0b3

Dell USB Keyboard
    Dell USB Mouse
    Sandisk 4 Gb USB Jump Drive

Anyone else tried connecting devices here?
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    I have tried both a card reader and a 1gig thumb drive in my usb port without success. It seems as though on my tablet now power is out put on the usb port as the led on both the ard reader and the thumb drive don't light up. Is ther anything that you have to do to enable the usb port? I have a MID710A running 2.1 allegedly with an A8 processor.

Super Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    Quote Originally Posted by valkrider View Post
    I have tried both a card reader and a 1gig thumb drive in my usb port without success. It seems as though on my tablet now power is out put on the usb port as the led on both the ard reader and the thumb drive don't light up. Is ther anything that you have to do to enable the usb port? I have a MID710A running 2.1 allegedly with an A8 processor.
    Are you just plugging the things in? On some tablets, you have to boot with the memory stick or keyboard installed for it to work. This is not true for all tablets. Some have plug and play capable USB ports.
    Just a thought.
    On my Archos 101, I can do Keyboard, Mouse, Memory stick and low powered Hard drives without issue. I cannot use my 3G Stick. But I think it is because it is an old 3G modem design.
    gurgle Tech stooge of the Internet
    Tablets Currently in Possession -Partial List
    MS --Fujitsu Stylistic LT TabletPC-Win98 / HP4400-W7U / Samsung Q1U- XPPro/V-Ult/Archos 9
    Android -- WItS A81E/ Archos 5/500 Archos 7HT/Archos 101/16/Asus Transformer 10.1/32 / G1

Remember-If You do not open it, you do not Own it

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Hi, Thanks Gurgle for the suggestion. I have tried plugging in before turning on without success. The usb icon does not show up on the task bar (like I have seen in some other screen shots) so it looks like I need to enable it somewhere as my PC finds a device connected and then can't find a driver so I need to do some digging to get it working.

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    I have used a keyboard and a mouse, but have been unable to get the memstick to work... running tnt lite 2. Would be interested in anyone who can help with this, being able to expand the memory would make this thing even sweeter! And it already ROCKS!

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    viewsonic g tablet & several pc's
    I only got my thumb drive to work when reformatting it to Fat32 - only then was it able to read my files. I found that tidbit buried on another site somewhere

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    gtab
    The new Vegan Beta 5.1 supports NTFS

* NTFS support (this gives us the ability to mount drives formatted NTFS which is popular on Windows machines…. Larger File Support)

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    I am interested in trying VEGan. Being noob though and just flashing tnt I don't want to get in over my head with anything either. But that is on my list of things to do!!

Member #
    Device
    gtab
    Flashing to vegan is just as hard as flashing to tnt lite. I had that before I went to vegan and I enjoy vegan much more. I don't know about battery life on tnt lite but I've had almost a solid 2 hours of use and I'm still at 100% battery life. And I only feel a slight lag after waking up the tablet but its gone in a couple seconds. I truely reccomend vegan.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1 using Tapatalk

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Yeah battery life is bit of issue. I have flashed 3 tablets now to tnt and do feel Vegan will be just fine to follow. I'm curious as to how different it runs & looks. I haven't seen video or pics of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: