Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree9Thanks

Thread: Making your Display Fingerprint-Free and Smudge-Proof for G Tab

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78

Making your Display Fingerprint-Free and Smudge-Proof for G Tab

So if you are like me, the most annoying thing about the G Tab has nothing to do with its functionality, but has everything to do with its display, specifically the darn fingerprints and smudges! There is now a fix for this, tested by many people including myself, and works an absolute treat at curing at least 90% of the issue.

The following has even been endorsed by several ViewSonic reps as being the way to go, not only does it prevent almost all fingerprints and smudges but it also gives your display a super silky sexy feel to it.

How to do it? Rain-X! Follow these directions to a super smooth, clean screen that will last at least a month between applications.

1. Clean your screen using a GOOD microfiber cloth and a little bit of water.
    2. Repeat step one at least once! You really really want to have your screen as clean and "out-of-the-box" perfect as you possibly can get it. Check it at multiple angles and light to make sure you have no haze, no smudges, no spots.
    3. Apply Rain-X to wet the corner of a clean cotton rag
    4. Using a gentle swirling motion, apply the rain-x to the screen. It will bead up at first, but continue to swirl it on for about 20-30 seconds until it starts drying to a uniform hazy coating
    5. Wet your microfiber cloth again, getting it damp but not dripping and buff off most of the hazy coat
    6. When you have most of the haze removed, switch to the dry end of the microfiber and buff off the rest.
    7. Go back to the bright lights and multiple viewing angles to check for missed areas.

Good luck and share your results!
    astevens54, Old Rick, myzoo and 5 others thanked this.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Droid 1 and G Tablet
    Ok, thanks I done both of mine. How often do you have to do this? It looks good, I even did it on my Droid 1 since it has Gorilla glass in it it should be good.

50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Getting on 3 weeks now, probably gonna do it again soon
    astevens54 thanked this.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Malata Zpad (soon)
    What is rain x? Sorry we don't get it here, so want to keep an eye out fro an equivalent.
    Thanks

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Rain X is an exterior windshield coating to help rain/water run off better with out streaks or spots. This is actually a great idea I'm going to try it on my Droid X.

Member #
    Device
    the closest SA product is called C-Thru, which I think is almost identical. I know Rain-X is available in Europe from a Swiss Company, and in the UK from Moss (did a quick Google on that part)
    Current Devices, ROMs:

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Malata Zpad (soon)
    Thanks.
    Will try look for it and let you know.

100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #

Making your Display Fingerprint-Free and Smudge-Proof for G Tab

pbrauer --- I registered to the site so I could thank you very much for this great tip. It absolutely works and my gTab glass is beautiful. Thanks for your post. --- koukla

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Viewsonic gTablet
    Thanks. It works great.

Sent from my Bottle of Smoke using Android Tablet Forum
    gTablet - GtabComb
    Nook Color - Stock/CM7 Dual Boot
    Microsoft Partner - Don't hate me for it!

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Velocity Cruz, Viewsonic Gtablet
    Sure makes cleaning the screen a breeze, with the rainx, fingerprints easily wipe off, good tip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: