Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree6Thanks

Thread: [HowTo] Titanium Backup - Restore apps + system data to a new ROM

Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #

[HowTo] Titanium Backup - Restore apps + system data to a new ROM

Here is how to use Titanium Backup to backup all your current ROMs and system data, then restore it all to the new ROM you just installed.

First to create your Backup.

1. If you don't have it, install Titanium backup. (I strongly recommend donating for the full version. Its only $6 so don't be cheap)
    2. Launch Titanium Backup.
    3. Tap the Menu button.
    4. Select Batch at the bottom of the screen.
    5. Tap RUN next to Backup all user apps + system data
    6. Tap Select all and Kill active apps then tap Run the batch operation.
    7. It will now backup all your data, apps, saved data, game progress, everything.
    8. Once complete, tap the Menu button, tap Batch, then tap RUN next to Verify all latest backups (faster)
    9. Tap Select all then Run the batch operation.
    10. Once complete you should have no errors. This means you have a good backup.

Now to save the backup you just made.

1. Using Samba or the USB cable, navigate to the Titanium Backup folder on your tablet
    2. Copy the ENTIRE folder to your desktop. (Mine was 200MB so it will take a minute)
    3. If you have the donate version, don't forget to save your TitaniumBackup_license that is in the root folder.
    4. Now your backup is safe and you can flash your new ROM.

Now to restore your apps and data to the newly flashed ROM.

1. Titanium Backup is normally built into the new ROMs but if not install it via the market or apk.
    2. Copy your TitaniumBackup_license to the root folder if you have the donate version.
    3. Launch Titanium Backup.
    4. Tap the Menu button.
    5. Select Batch at the bottom of the screen.
    6. Tap RUN next to Restore missing apps + all system data
    7. Tap Select all and App + Data then tap Run the batch operation.
    8. With the donate version the process will just run, with the free version, you have to tap Install and Done on every single app you have installed. (This is where the donate version gets its worth from)
    9. Once complete, reboot your device just to make sure all the changes take effect.
    10. Do your happy dance now that you have your Angry Birds progress on your new ROM.

Hope this helps everyone out there. Let me know if I missed anything.
    twokatmew, mydave, gadgetrants and 2 others thanked this.
    Fugatech
    nookcolor 1.1 rooted with Auto-Nooter 3.0.0//Viewsonic G-Tab running 1.1 Bottle of Smoke a5.2 Honeycomb //Droid 2 rooted running Liberty v1.5
    Remember to use the Thanks button!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Fuganater,
    Great instruction, as always.
    Question: Everything worked fine as instructed. Then, after setting up adb, Titanium Backup gave a warning that USB Debugging should be turned on. I ignored the message and went ahead to back-up, and to verify (with 0 error found). Should I turn on the USB Debugging as suggested ?
    Thanks

Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mydave View Post
    Fuganater,
    Great instruction, as always.
    Question: Everything worked fine as instructed. Then, after setting up adb, Titanium Backup gave a warning that USB Debugging should be turned on. I ignored the message and went ahead to back-up, and to verify (with 0 error found). Should I turn on the USB Debugging as suggested ?
    Thanks
    Always leave USB Debugging on. It does you no harm to leave it on.
    mydave thanked this.
    Fugatech
    nookcolor 1.1 rooted with Auto-Nooter 3.0.0//Viewsonic G-Tab running 1.1 Bottle of Smoke a5.2 Honeycomb //Droid 2 rooted running Liberty v1.5

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    g Tablet
    Newbie question: Where do I find my TitaniumBackup_license? Did a search via Root Explorer and it did not turn up anything. Thanks.

Moderator Achievements:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by suvroadrage View Post
    Newbie question: Where do I find my TitaniumBackup_license? Did a search via Root Explorer and it did not turn up anything. Thanks.
    Did you donate for it?
    Fugatech

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    g Tablet
    Bought the "Pro" version. Now I have two apks, 1 free other pro.

Moderator Achievements:

Member #
    "If you have the donate version, don't forget to save your TitaniumBackup_license that is in the root folder."

It should be in the root folder of your device if you installed it correctly.
    Fugatech

Member #
    Device
    Viewsonic G-Tablet
    Just a quick thing. I'm very green with this. I bought the donated version, backed up everything, flashed a ROM, and the Titanium Backup Icon wasn't there.

It doesn't say it up there, but if you need to reinstall Titanium Backup, you will need to install the Free one first, and then install your licensed Titanium. (2 Market app downloads) I kept installing the donated one, and the application icon kept not showing. It says so in the market but not the first thing it says.

Moderator Achievements:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 18HourBroad View Post
    Just a quick thing. I'm very green with this. I bought the donated version, backed up everything, flashed a ROM, and the Titanium Backup Icon wasn't there.

It doesn't say it up there, but if you need to reinstall Titanium Backup, you will need to install the Free one first, and then install your licensed Titanium. (2 Market app downloads) I kept installing the donated one, and the application icon kept not showing. It says so in the market but not the first thing it says.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater
    1. Titanium Backup is normally built into the new ROMs but if not install it via the market or apk.
    2. Copy your TitaniumBackup_license to the root folder if you have the donate version.
    Install the free version and put the TitaniumBackup_license in the root folder like the text file says that came with the program.
    Fugatech

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Velocity Cruz, Viewsonic Gtablet
    instead of saving the backup to your desktop could you save it to sdcard2?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: