Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree3Thanks

Thread: Viewpad 10 help

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    viewsonic viewpad 10

Question Viewpad 10 help

hi guys,

I just got a viewsonic Viewpad for my 17th birhtday.
    but now when I start it on adriod 2.2 it won't connect to the wireless network at my home. What also is very strange that I read everywhere that it comes standart with android 1.6 but mine said from the beginning 2.2, there is also a debug mode but that doesn't do anything.
    this is quiet anoying because I want to download some app's, but without a connection this is some quiet hard.
    and when I am on the windows 7 on the pad, sometimes it disables the wifi and bleutooth connection. does anyone know what the reason might be and with what button or key combination I can turn it enable it?

oh just another question, when does honeycomb come out?
    and does anyone know if Viewsonic will give their users a free update?
    and if not is it still possible to install that?

and if I root my viewpad 10 will I lose the dual boot?
    if not does anyone have a link in which is described what ROM'S I can use, and how to root the viewpad10

and last but not least,I want to buy a case for my viewpad, does anyone has a link to a website or store I can order one for my viewpad10

thanx.
    Last edited by Sluwe; 03-21-2011 at 09:14 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    viewsonic viewpad 10
    no one?

Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    I wish I could help but I do not have the Viewpad 10. I have the G-Tablet.

1. Currently I am not aware of any ROM's for the Viewpad 10 but I will do some research tonight for you. (Maybe I can find a few and make a sticky)
    2. Did you try to do a reset?
    3. Try to run an update and see if your issues get fixed. I have not seen any news on Honeycomb for Viewsonic yet.
    4. I don't know if you will lose the dual boot. (again, I'll do some research tonight)
    5. Find the dimentions to the Viewpad 10 and go from there. Some members use an iPad case for the G-Tablet. Might work for you as well.
    5. If I can find some ROM's maybe I can figure out the procedures on how to root and keep your dual boot.

I'm at work now so give me 6-8 hours and hopefully I'll have some answers for you.
    Sluwe thanked this.
    Fugatech
    nookcolor 1.1 rooted with Auto-Nooter 3.0.0//Viewsonic G-Tab running 1.1 Bottle of Smoke a5.2 Honeycomb //Droid 2 rooted running Liberty v1.5
    Remember to use the Thanks button!

Administrator Achievements:
    100,000 Experience Points Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    Sluwe thanked this.
    Huawei Ideos S7-104 on Singapore ROM, HSG X5A, RK2818 RT7, (Past: IMX515 APAD, RK2808 APAD)

My written articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License

本人現在已比較小時間瀏覽此論壇。有關和此論壇的合作關係,請聯絡admin或4Nines。

Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    All I can find is what xaueious posted. I can find plenty results for the Viewpad 7, but nothing for the 10. SuperOneClick is what is used to root the Viewpad 7. Not sure if it would work on the 10.
    Sluwe thanked this.
    Fugatech
    nookcolor 1.1 rooted with Auto-Nooter 3.0.0//Viewsonic G-Tab running 1.1 Bottle of Smoke a5.2 Honeycomb //Droid 2 rooted running Liberty v1.5
    Remember to use the Thanks button!

Member #
    Device
    viewsonic viewpad 10
    yeah I looked as well on the internet to find some more information about rooting the viewpad 10 but as you already said much about the '7 and nothing about the '10.
    and @ xaueious on the website of viewsonic they have posted android -×86 two but that's version 1.6, but I'm afraid to try it because I don't want to loose the dual-boot
    thank you guys for giving some answers to my questions

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Viewtab 10
    I've been fighting with the Viewtab 10 for a week not to get the wifi to work reliably. You won't get support from viewsonic, the viewtab is just a rebrand of a chinese manufactured tab (hkqlink.com) I've seen the same tablet rebranded on the internet for China, Germany and Australia, all with different brand names on the same device. I proved this by opening the case and searching for the part numbers.

I also found a replacement 64GB half SATA SSD in China to replace the small 16GB that is not enough to install programs for Windows 7.

Try to update Android x86 nightly build here Android-x86 Nightly - Index of: home/viewpad10/

I was going to re-build Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) myself, but after syncing 2GB of the repo I read you need a 64 bit environment and suggested 12 GB RAM to build the .iso so I said forget it.

In short, viewsonic did not make this tablet so I don't expect anything from them anytime soon. I think we're lucky enough we got a viewsonic wall paper in windows 7.

Dylan

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Viewtab 10
    I'm afraid to try it because I don't want to loose the dual-boot

You shouldn't lose the dual boot. GRUB will pop up telling you it found Windows on another partition.

Even if you overwrite the GRUB or create a windows MBR (creating an MBR might be done if you install WIndows from scratch) you could always reinstall GRUB. Just don't format the entire drive and you will be fine. Keep the android partition to ext3 and the windows partition to NTFS and you have nothing to worry about.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Viewtab 10
    I just found also that on android x86 it says with 2.2 you cannot have ethernet and wifi turned on simultaneously.

Turn off ethernet and re-add your Wifi network manually (forget it first).

I just tried it and it works for me.

Note, i am also having all kinds of issues with the new releases so keep posting here so we all know what everyone is struggling with. it's good to know we don't all have unique problems

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluwe View Post
    hi guys,

I just got a viewsonic Viewpad for my 17th birhtday.
    but now when I start it on adriod 2.2 it won't connect to the wireless network at my home. What also is very strange that I read everywhere that it comes standart with android 1.6 but mine said from the beginning 2.2, there is also a debug mode but that doesn't do anything.
    this is quiet anoying because I want to download some app's, but without a connection this is some quiet hard.
    and when I am on the windows 7 on the pad, sometimes it disables the wifi and bleutooth connection. does anyone know what the reason might be and with what button or key combination I can turn it enable it?

oh just another question, when does honeycomb come out?
    and does anyone know if Viewsonic will give their users a free update?
    and if not is it still possible to install that?

and if I root my viewpad 10 will I lose the dual boot?
    if not does anyone have a link in which is described what ROM'S I can use, and how to root the viewpad10

and last but not least,I want to buy a case for my viewpad, does anyone has a link to a website or store I can order one for my viewpad10

thanx.
    Hi
    I hope you have sorted out the wifi issue on your viewsonic 10. You need to turn off ethernet as mentioned above and it will work fine. It has shell root already but i've not been able to get full root. Universal androot does not work, and z4 root will not install on it. Not tried superoneclick as i could not get adb working with usb cable. ADB wireless works fine.

I installed unofficial android2.2 using USB stick and linked it with grub for windows7/android 1.6. I can boot any of the 3 systems (windows7/android 1.6/android 2.2). It will not affect your dualboot. There appears to be no update for viewsonic 10. You can follow the work done on these sites (as mentioned above) for updates:
    Downloads - android-x86 - An open source project to provide android support on x86 - Google Project Hosting
    Android-x86 | Google Groups

Shayind4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: