Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Vizio Tablet VTAB1008

Bluetooth Headset

I'm new to tablets and Android but fairly savvy on computers. I have the Vtab. I also have a cell phone (doesn't run android), and have a Plantronics Explorer 210 and Voyager 835 BT headset. I can pair these two headsets and the phone with the Vtab but they won't connect. How can I make them connect to the Vtab and what will that gain me? Or, can some one point me in the right direction to research. I have been doing a lot of reading. Thanks.
    Last edited by MyHD120; 09-07-2011 at 04:24 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    the tablet needs to have the Bluetooth A2DP profiles installed in order to use BT Headphones. this is separate from the profiles for devices like phones or processes like file sharing. Hope that clears it up.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Vizio VTAB1008, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Hope that clears it up.
    Like mud

Is this something Vizio has to do? A downloadable app?

I have the same problem. I persuaded the VTAB to pair with a BT headset I have, but it won't connect. Would be handy with GrooveIP.

Jim

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    it could be a downloadable app, if someone were to create it. Bluetooth is simply a transport technology, like WiFi or Tethering, etc. What is being transferred is a separate part of the transfer, in the case of BT headphones it is the need to transform the signal to a usable audio format for the headphone. So, bottom line is basically just because you can transfer a file via bluetooth, doesn't mean you can connect a HID (Human Interface Device) like a keyboard, mouse or headphone.

this is why you can "pair" a device but still not use it. The tablet knows there is something there receiving a signal, but it doesn't necessarily mean it knows what to do with the signal.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Vizio Tablet VTAB1008
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    it could be a downloadable app, if someone were to create it. Bluetooth is simply a transport technology, like WiFi or Tethering, etc. What is being transferred is a separate part of the transfer, in the case of BT headphones it is the need to transform the signal to a usable audio format for the headphone. So, bottom line is basically just because you can transfer a file via bluetooth, doesn't mean you can connect a HID (Human Interface Device) like a keyboard, mouse or headphone.

this is why you can "pair" a device but still not use it. The tablet knows there is something there receiving a signal, but it doesn't necessarily mean it knows what to do with the signal.
    This clears it up somewhat, but, wasn't the Vtab advertised as a video talk device and able to make phone calls? Being 65 I know you're not supposed to believe everything you read....... I guess now it's just 'wait and see'. Thanks for the replies.

Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Thanks for the clarification, pbrauer.

Looks like we're waiting on Vizio.

I really like the tablet, but some of the holes in its functionality are kind of surprising.

Jim

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Visio VTAB1008
    MyHD120,

Both of the headsets you mention are mono headsets that are intended for use with a phone. They do not support A2DP which is used for media audio over bluetooth, usually with a stereo headset.

I connected my Sony HBH-DS970 headset to the VTAB and it worked fine. Pairing was easy, it works for music, movies, and YouTube. The volume control, play/pause button, and next/back buttons work.

No one has gotten a video calling app to work AFAIK. Is that what you mean by a video talk device?

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    vtab1008
    @Semijim - Vizio makes a nice bluetooth headset that not only pairs well and sounds awesome with vtab, it pairs with 55" and 32" Vizio XVT led lcd sets. The headset utilizes TrueSound technology for awesome sound.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Achievements:

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Sora72,

Thanks for the lead, but that's not what I'm looking for. (We bought the "accessory pack," so we've each got the wired stereo ear buds w/microphone, anyway.) I was hoping to be able to use a standard, off-the-shelf BT earpiece (mono), such as the Motorola H17 or the like, for making phone calls.

Thanks,
    Jim

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    vtab1008
    @Pbrauer - are bluetooth headsets true HID devices? That would be great if so. I have an open thread about bluetooth keyboards for the vtab asking if anyone has any feedback from connecting and using them. But not much response. I was thinking of buying one like the Motorola model, but the specs require the device to include HID support. I then opened a support case with Vizio who said the vtab doesn't support them. But if you can attest that the vtab does support HID devices, then there's a chance that Vizio support still hasn't developed a broad knowledge base and support skill set to accurately answer my question. If that's the case, maybe I should try one.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread and take the focus off of bluetooth headsets. But the reference to HID was intriguing.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Androihhere d Tablet Forum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: