Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Vtab

Only thing left now is the battery issue

Since the last update provides netflix the only other issue I have is the battery.
    Specifically the time it takes to charge the battery.

I get about 6 hrs from the battery during heavy use but using the factory charger it takes over 8hrs to fully charge. not very convient when on the go
    Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    vtab1008
    The Netflix update was great, and I hope the battery issues are resolved soon. But I would also like to be able to install apps to the external sd card rather than the internal memory.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Vizio VTAB1008, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Unless they're limiting the charge rate via an overly-conservative charge profile in firmware, I doubt you're going to see any change in this.

Here's the deal with rechargeable batteries, in a nutshell: You can charge them fast, limiting charge depth and battery life (in number of charge cycles), or you can charge them more conservatively, achieving both a deeper charge and longer battery life.

I have noticed the tablet doesn't get very warm while charging. It doesn't seem to get any warmer--maybe not even as warm, as it does when operating. That tells me Vizio has chosen a charge rate that will result in deeper charging and longer battery life. I think I prefer that. It jibes with their apparent philosophy on the operation of the tablet: A single-core CPU with less power, and less power drain, than other current offerings. That's why this tablet gets up to nine hours or better of operation, where others get only five or six.

Jim

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    That's been the least of my issues. While I do typically charge overnight I've been able to consistently get 10 to 12 hrs on a daily charge with fairly heavy usage and wifi on continously. Compared to my htc Thunderbolt phone that's a lifetime.

Until I can find a way to effectively move apps to the external sd card I'm essentially unable to install any additional apps.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 3 months registered 31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Vizio Tablet VTAB1008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhaynes1230 View Post

Until I can find a way to effectively move apps to the external sd card I'm essentially unable to install any additional apps.

Can you not move the applications using the instructions at the vizio website?

Installing applictions

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    No, unless I'm mistaken, that only seems to move apps to the internal sd. I've installed a 32gb micro sd that with the exception of some media I've moved there is essentially useless space.

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Vizio Vtab
    I use the apps2sd app to move to my sd card. Works great

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Vtab
    Quote Originally Posted by jhaynes1230 View Post
    That's been the least of my issues. While I do typically charge overnight I've been able to consistently get 10 to 12 hrs on a daily charge with fairly heavy usage and wifi on continously. Compared to my htc Thunderbolt phone that's a lifetime.

Here's the thing . charging over night (8hrs) doesn't result in a full charge. If I was getting 10-12 hrs on a full charge I wouldn't complain about the charging time either. just got the 20% battery remaining pop up after 5 hrs 23 min on the battery. try watching 30-45 minutes of you tube or netflix and see what that does to your 10-12 hr run time. I'll try without any you tube and report back.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    VTAB1008
    As with any android device it all comes down to what apps are constantly running and what one is doing. I. E. You tube, web surfing, playing games. All these different variables will cause each device to have different time spans for battery life. There is no good way to determain who does or dose not have the best battery life.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Vizio VTAB1008, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by zsir View Post
    Here's the thing . charging over night (8hrs) doesn't result in a full charge. If I was getting 10-12 hrs on a full charge ...
    The claim is "up to 10 hours." Obvious that's depending upon use and usage.

Quote Originally Posted by zsir View Post
    just got the 20% battery remaining pop up after 5 hrs 23 min on the battery. try watching 30-45 minutes of you tube or netflix and see what that does to your 10-12 hr run time.
    After doing the latest update the other night, before which my VTAB had been off the charger and I'd been web-browsing, FB'ing, using this site's app, etc. for... I dunno... two or three hours, I guess, I watched at least two episodes of News Radio, maybe three, then went back to more web-browsing, FB'ing and this site's app. I think I did some 'droid market perusing, too.

IIRC: Had plenty of charge left following that.

This is not something you want to do often, because the tablet may come up in an odd state after you do (it did for me), but have you ever run the thing all the way down? It's often necessary to do that with batteries, once or twice, for them to achieve full potential.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: