Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    The hard reboot brings you to the screen I was talking about above. This screen came up every time I started the tablet.

So I called Vizio and they just told me to try the procedure for setting back to factory settings. I gave up and returned it to Costco last night and got a new one..

Now I have to reload all my apps

Thanks for everyone's input.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BPisMe View Post
    Same problem here...stuck in recovery. Just before the blue triangle sign, it says "Updating Device Please do not power off your Vizio Tablet" Mine is rooted too. It has been rebooting normally after rooting. I disabled (froze) the Vizio Update Service a couple of days ago and I think that may be the problem. I've tried looking for a signed update.zip file but no luck so far. Maybe someone who has root could look to see if it's on their device in the cache/recovery folder.

Patience is a virtue...Brad
    I did freeze the Vizio Update Service as well. Maybe that is the problem. I used "Bloat Freezer".

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 3 months registered 31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Vizio Tablet VTAB1008
    I have frozen "Vizio Update Service" with Titanium Backup Pro but no problems so far. It's been a couple of days.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 31 days registered 3 months registered

Member #
    Level
    Device
    vtab1008
    Yes it does sound just like what the tech had me do.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Visio VTAB1008
    Quote Originally Posted by BPisMe View Post
    Same problem here...stuck in recovery. Just before the blue triangle sign, it says "Updating Device Please do not power off your Vizio Tablet" Mine is rooted too. It has been rebooting normally after rooting. I disabled (froze) the Vizio Update Service a couple of days ago and I think that may be the problem. I've tried looking for a signed update.zip file but no luck so far. Maybe someone who has root could look to see if it's on their device in the cache/recovery folder.

Patience is a virtue...Brad
    Quote Originally Posted by joey2169 View Post
    I did freeze the Vizio Update Service as well. Maybe that is the problem. I used "Bloat Freezer".
    Quote Originally Posted by rprr View Post
    I have frozen "Vizio Update Service" with Titanium Backup Pro but no problems so far. It's been a couple of days.
    I have frozen the update service with Titanium Backup with no issues. I have restarted the VTAB a number of times since then - no problems.

I looked in the cache/recovery folder and there was only a single log file (last.log). The log showed that the cache had been wiped.

Perhaps others can check? Someone who has purchased the VTAB recently? IIRC part of the auto-update process is a reboot which may wipe the update file.

Quote Originally Posted by swynkoop View Post
    How are you trying to hard reboot? Mine lost video and audio and I had tech support walk me through the hard reboot. The procedure is unlike any that I found published anywhere. I recall that you start by holding down both the on/off switch and the volume control at the same time, but I forget the details from there. Anyway, if you just did the software reboot, it apparently doesn't reset to factory settings. I'm still afraid of the rooting process, so I hadn't.
    Anyone else getting a procedure from Vizio please document the steps so that you can share it.

Also please carefully document what you do to your VTAB after root so that we can figure out what is causing issues for some of users.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 3 months registered 31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Vizio Tablet VTAB1008
    BPisMe and Joey2169 -- After root can you tell us what sort of things you did that required root? Did you do the internal/external SDCARD swap as discussed in this post?

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/vizio-tablets/26457-sd-card-mount-point-modification-discussion-post-root.html
    Last edited by rprr; 11-24-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Vizio VTAB1008
    The only things I did after rooting were Freezing the Vizio Update Service and installing an NTP client to keep correct time. I don't remember which program I used to freeze the update service but it was not Titanium Backup. BTW: I returned my vizio and will be getting a new one when I can find one in stock. (so much for patience!)

Brad

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 7 days registered 31 days registered 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Vizio 8" Tablet
    What is the advantages of rooting?
    I understand what it would do to my stock nookcolor but why would I want to root my Vizio?
    Thanks

Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 31 days registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Vtab1008
    Quote Originally Posted by MikFinkel View Post
    What is the advantages of rooting?
    I understand what it would do to my stock nookcolor but why would I want to root my Vizio?
    Thanks
    - fix adhoc tethering
    - fix sd card issue
    - install Samba Filesharing
    - install Titanium Backup

31 days registered 3 months registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Dang... I froze the vizio update service on mine (not using titanium - some other program someone suggested in another thread). Now when rebooting all I get is the recovery menu. Anyone have any luck unfreezing the vizio update service so the tablet will boot again?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: