I am surprised it was not posted here before.
- Before starting, make sure that the tablet is powered off. Not just in sleep mode. Now press & hold both the UP and DOWN volume buttons at the same time. You may find it easier to hold the tablet in the landscape position on a table or on your lap while you hold down both buttons.
- Next press and hold the power button until the tablet buttons light up. It will take a minute to happen, but when they do immediately let go of the power button ONLY. Keep holding down both the UP and DOWN volume buttons. You only have a second to do this other wise the tablet will continue boot up as normal and you will have to start again from step one.
- After a bit of holding down both volume keys the screen will show the Vizio logo. Then the logo will change to a TRIANGLE with an exclamation mark.
- Now you can let go of the volume buttons.
- Tap the home button to pop up the boot recovery menu. Follow the instructions to reset your tablet. Pressing the up/down volume buttons allow you to scroll up and down the list. A quick press on the power button will accept your selection.
- Wait for the tablet to come up.