Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Vizio VTAB

Charging my VTAB

I noticed over the weekend that when I charge my VTAB with the power off, it took about 8 hours to charge from 10%, but with the VTAB on, it took about 4 hours from 20%. Anyone else noticed this, or was it maybe a one time thing?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Nope, that is probably one of the many charging "quirks" about the tablets, I see all sorts of different behaviors. Here is another one that I have seen several different models have, yours might be one too. There are tablets that you charge to 100% while on, then you turn them off and they give you a red charging light for another 20-40 minutes. On those I have personally experienced getting an additional hour from the battery when I turn it back on. The Cruz tablets were particularly sensitive to this.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Vizio VTAB
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Nope, that is probably one of the many charging "quirks" about the tablets, I see all sorts of different behaviors. Here is another one that I have seen several different models have, yours might be one too. There are tablets that you charge to 100% while on, then you turn them off and they give you a red charging light for another 20-40 minutes. On those I have personally experienced getting an additional hour from the battery when I turn it back on. The Cruz tablets were particularly sensitive to this.
    I have noticed if I charge it on, it doesn't ever actually get to 100%. Sits at 99%. I'll try turning it off after it gets to 99%, and see if it goes longer

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Vizio VTAB1008, Xoom 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    I have noticed if I charge it on, it doesn't ever actually get to 100%. Sits at 99%. I'll try turning it off after it gets to 99%, and see if it goes longer
    I experience the same 99% cap unless turned off.

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Vizio VTAB1008 - Coby Kyros MID 4331 - D2 721
    Charging while off takes mine 8-9 hours till green light. If I charge while in sleep mode it only takes 4-5 hours.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Vizio VTAB
    Quote Originally Posted by HilltopStudios View Post
    Charging while off takes mine 8-9 hours till green light. If I charge while in sleep mode it only takes 4-5 hours.
    Exactly what mine does. Did you notice if it lasted any longer after this longer charge? I didn't

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Vizio VTAB1008 - Coby Kyros MID 4331 - D2 721
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Exactly what mine does. Did you notice if it lasted any longer after this longer charge? I didn't
    Hard to tell really since the usage time seems to be related to how hard you push the processor. Playing action games and I'm lucky to get 4 hours but reading a book or a PDF magazine and I can get 8+ hours.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Vizio VTAB
    I do so many different things on mine still, I don't have that good of an idea what takes more battery. I know using Moon+ reader takes little. Monopoly takes quite a bit more. It's mostly the apps that keep launching themselves that take my battery away

Ads: