Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Remote Control

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Vizio VTAB1008
    Quote Originally Posted by drum4ever View Post
    I totally agree on the need for off tablet editing capability. I used to have a pocket PC with an IR remote app and designed screen layouts for it. Not difficult and far more comfortable to use. I realize learning is out because of one way IR but this screen editing would be simple for them to implement.
    There are CCF codes for nearly every remote ever made on Remote Central. If we could edit screens and import CCF codes, it would be as good as $1000 remotes from Phillips and UEI. I've created hardware and written software to do this many years ago - it's really simple and I'm sure Vizio has people who could do it.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 31 days registered 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    ASUS/Google Nexus 7
    I love using the remote when I travel. I have created quite a list of airports that I travel through on the remote. I hate having to sit and listen to the reporters from CNN go on and on about the same stories over and over. I just mute the tv, and turn on the closed captioning for whoever wants to watch it. No one ever realizes that it is me who is doing it, I once had a 10 minute duel with one of the gate personnell who kept unmuting it and I would then mute it again. She finally gave up!

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Quote Originally Posted by tspin818 View Post
    I love using the remote when I travel. I have created quite a list of airports that I travel through on the remote. I hate having to sit and listen to the reporters from CNN go on and on about the same stories over and over. I just mute the tv, and turn on the closed captioning for whoever wants to watch it. No one ever realizes that it is me who is doing it, I once had a 10 minute duel with one of the gate personnell who kept unmuting it and I would then mute it again. She finally gave up!
    Best use of the remote I have heard yet!
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Senior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 31 days registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Hey guys, it's a FREE remote. I don't think you will find that on an Ipad. Anyone know of any other tablet with an remote? Vizio can not list a hundred buttons for every audio and cd, dvd, etc made. It works and it works well and is easy to set up. Of course, I don't have 5,000 cd or dvd's to play, I just use it for a TV and DVD and cable box remote. All work perfectly.

Senior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 31 days registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tspin818 View Post
    God I love you! Get that damn CNN, Clinton News Network, OFF! Can not wait to try it.

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Vizio VTAB1008 / Pandigital Novels
    That dose sound like a lot of fun as well as helpfull!

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Vizio VTAB1008 - Coby Kyros MID 4331 - D2 721
    Nowadays it seems like every medical office runs either CNN or Fox News. Both are equally useless, annoying and tend to have their own agendas and spouting of propaganda. Since I have a SD card full of eMags the blaring TV makes it difficult to concentrate so this is the best option. No one has caught on yet. Give me the good old days when the only distraction was a rack full of year old magazines.

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    VTAB 1008
    I find in Play Google Nevo app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uei.nevosmart&feature=search_result #?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS51ZWkubmV2b3NtYXJ0Il0.

This app works with Vizio VTAB1008 and can control TVs, Set-Top Boxes, Audio Devices, DVD Players, Blu-ray Players and Streaming Media Boxes from hundreds of manufacturers. You can set up macros to turn devices on, off, and switch inputs with a single button press. You can also customize buttons and commands.
    Conspirator thanked this.

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Thanks, that is good to know. In the link provided Google tells me it isn't compatible with any of my devices (including the Vtab) but the description specifically says Vtab1008. The same developer has another app that says it is compatible and looks the same.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lja3NldHNkayJd
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    VTAB1008
    I can actually use my tablet to work with my Vizio TVs/ BluRay and have abilities now with this app. The stock app didn't seem to work anymore and had no features. The best thing with this Nevo app is that you can set up macros. Only issue I have is that most of the specialty buttons (ie 3D, etc.) though listed are greyed out and not accessible. It say in the app that it has direct codes to program devices, anyone know where the codes could be found, didnt seem like google was much help.
    I am not a conspiracy nut.

The government secretly started that rumor to discredit me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: