Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eken M009

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

Eken M009

Hi Everybody:

Anybody have any experience with Eken M009

The specs look promising

with a VIA 8650 @ 800 Mhz -at least that's what they say. I checked the Eken website
    256 RAM
    Android 2.2 ???????

Is it an upgrade from 1.6 ...

Here is the link where I found it

7 inch Android Tablet - Eken M009 Android OS WiFi External 3G 720P VIA WM8650 800MHz Android SmartPhone | Android Tablet PC | China Wholesale Electronics

Would really like to know what you folks think.

Best Regards,

Zac.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    droid incredible
    Hey - I got mine two day's ago and I love it! I don't know exactly what OS it's running. It doesn't support live wallpapers and flash is limited. It seems more of a 'fake' android 2.2.

I love it because it's a great time killer. I don't know what the difference in cpu are, as it's my first tablet. I can say if you check my review I found that if you tweak the firmware (which is REALLY easy) you'll find it makes a huge difference in usability. The different firmware also plays angry birds (included) perfectly.

My least favorite thing about it is not having the real market.

Hope I helped somehow,
    Labsownyou

Member #
    which firmware did you use, can you post a link? thanks

3 months registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    have an Eken M009 on the way
    I just ordered my M009 today. will give a review once I receive it and have time to mess around with it.

I too would like info on where to find this other firmware!

100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    M009
    I got mine a couple of days ago and so far, it's a great time killer. I went to a star bucks today and got it to hook right up to a wifi connection. But I do have one problem. I can't get my computer to recognize it through the USB port.

Any ideas?

3 months registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device

My M009 Review

Just received my m009 two days ago, and I cannot put it down! Absolutely the MOST technology-packed device I have ever bought for under $90.

Mine is manufactured by WonderMedia, which I assume in turn makes eken's products. It is indeed android 2.2 froyo OS, despite what others have said. It also has full access to the android app market and seems to support flash 10 just fine.

the unit is very responsive, very fast/smooth video playback over wifi...even with many applications running. camera has acceptable quality, good enough for video chatting for sure. although I noticed that everything I video is backwards on playback. but I suppose it wasn't meant to be a uber video recording device.

on-screen keyboard is super easy to use. I had absolutely NO problems connecting to my wifi or email accounts. unit comes with tons of preloaded apps. several though are strictly in chinese, so I deleted those apps.

Only negative I have right now is that I don't see any utility to backup all of my data, which I would want in the event of a factory restore.

Now just waiting for my TF micro SD card so that I can load more apps/games.

NOTE: I wanted to stream media from my PC to this device. after lots of searching, I found the perfect solution. the app is called pogoplug and has a PC-side app which creates a media 'cloud' from your media PC. then download the pogoplug android app and you have access to your cloud anywhere you have internet access. and you can share your cloud with friends and vice-versa.

Highly recomended and well worth $85

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Maylong M-250
    @relic et al.

For the latest firmware from Eken go EKEN Support Tablet PC,Car Video Recorder,Mini Camcorder.
    For a modded firmware (or simply the alternative firmware) go to http://techknow.freeforums.org/ (registration required).

And in any case you brick your tablet (Eken) just reflash any of the above ROMs.

Lastly App Backup & Restore, AppMonster, Gemini App manager are several backup apps (with freeware versions) for Android.
    Last edited by jrizal; 06-27-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Maylong M-250
    @TonyR, There's no driver included that I know of unfortunately.

Member #
    Device
    has anyone found a video chat app that actually works with this tablet? i've already tried the new skype mobile, fring.

i do recommend the app 'TextPlus' which allows free SMS text messaging to any phone and also assigns you a free phone number in order to receive text as well.

31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #

web with flash

Hello,
    I would like to buy eken m900s ( i think like your tablet).
    I´m not sure that web with flash works.
    Could you try Rockola.fm | música y radio en internet
    Is surfing the Internet faster?

Trank you very much
    Regars

Quote Originally Posted by relic View Post
    Just received my m009 two days ago, and I cannot put it down! Absolutely the MOST technology-packed device I have ever bought for under $90.

Mine is manufactured by WonderMedia, which I assume in turn makes eken's products. It is indeed android 2.2 froyo OS, despite what others have said. It also has full access to the android app market and seems to support flash 10 just fine.

the unit is very responsive, very fast/smooth video playback over wifi...even with many applications running. camera has acceptable quality, good enough for video chatting for sure. although I noticed that everything I video is backwards on playback. but I suppose it wasn't meant to be a uber video recording device.

on-screen keyboard is super easy to use. I had absolutely NO problems connecting to my wifi or email accounts. unit comes with tons of preloaded apps. several though are strictly in chinese, so I deleted those apps.

Only negative I have right now is that I don't see any utility to backup all of my data, which I would want in the event of a factory restore.

Now just waiting for my TF micro SD card so that I can load more apps/games.

NOTE: I wanted to stream media from my PC to this device. after lots of searching, I found the perfect solution. the app is called pogoplug and has a PC-side app which creates a media 'cloud' from your media PC. then download the pogoplug android app and you have access to your cloud anywhere you have internet access. and you can share your cloud with friends and vice-versa.

Highly recomended and well worth $85

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: