[ROM] Universal (HYBRiD) HoneyCombMOD Uberoid for WM8650 devices v1.3.0
HYBRiD Uberoid v2:
This ROM now should work on a lot of WM8650 devices!
* Fixed Flash 10.1
* Lite HoneyCombMOD version
* Included anti malware/spyware host blocking file
* Patched Installer
* Cleared packagelist
* Fixed sync problems
* Re-enabled tx=100 due all the problems reported with WLAN
* Removed weather package -12MB
* Real Google Market
* Imitating a Galaxy Tab, all secured apps are on the market now.
* Removed dupe apps -20mb
* Removed sample movies/pics/mp3s -25mb
* Enhanced Scrolling
* Enhanced Wifi Battery performance
* Increased Dalvic cache size
* Increased audio volume
* Pre-Modded ADW Icons HoneyComb theme
* Included 2 special HoneyComb wallpaper packs
* Pre-Modded Go Launcher with HoneyComb theme icons
* Optimized sys RAM auto clearing
* Added GMAIL
* Included Res_WMTPhoto LITE, -30MB
* included 8 new wallpapers
* Rooted (after first reboot)
* Modded installation logo
* Added SuperUser
* Boosted SD memory access
* Added extra launchers
ToDo list progression:
1. Fix market cache problem, not all apps (like Pandora) can be found. Meanwhile you can fix it by clearing the cache (real wierd since the ROM does not included any!!!)
- 1. Open the Market and press the home button to return
2. Go to Settings \ Applications \ Manage \ Running
3. Press "Market"
4. Press "Clear cache" (do not clear data)
5. Press "Force stop"
6. Return to "Settings \ Applications \ Manage \ Running"
7. Press "Google Services Framework"
8. Press "Clear Data"
9. Press "Force Stop"
10. Start Google Market, it must give an error
11. Reboot, once back Market should work, if it gives an error it could need another minute to work
12. Test the access, search Skype on the market, it should return 400+ results including the original Skype and google's apps like maps / streetview / docs and skype
2. Expand tablet model compatibility
ViaPad M7 == M70007T
m009sgreen == Maylong M250
m009sb123TS (TouchScreen fix)
3. Check if Flash is 100% ok
* Rewrote flash to the ROM
4. Google Calender sync problem
5. Google Contact sync problem
6. M70007T no hibernation
* done, M70007T is now an option
7. Camera on Green LED seems to fail
* updated to 1.2.3 script
8. M012S sound problem
* seems to have no audio due other codec, script for m012s has been added
9. Created Lite version
* as for popular demand
10. Fix another env for the Blue LED uor615 touchscreen codec, there seem to be devices having this config
* created m009sb123TS
11. Updated CHANGER.BAT:
- * M009S Green LED
* M009S Blue LED
* VIA WM8650
* InterToys NL Tablet
* TomTec Tablet
* ViaPad M7 (use M70007T)
* Maylong M250 (use M009S Green LED)
HowTo use this:
1. Extract archive to SD CARD (so a directory SD:\FirmwareInstall is present and the file wmt_scriptcmd in the sd root)
2. Try to identify your tablet model (M009s/M003s/M012s/etc.)
3. Run CHANGER.BAT from your SD root and see what models there are
4. Put in the number of your model and press <enter>
5. Turn off your tablet
6. Insert SD
7. Turn on your tablet
8. Follow instruction
9. Enjoy a better tablet
Frequently Asked Questions:
My tablet is not listed, can I just try anything without the risk of bricking it
* Yes, if you have the factory firmware of your tablet you can reflash using that
Uberoid keeps flashing, but the tablet does not boot to Android
* Then you must try another model, this problem occurs for example when you use a green led script for a blue led device
I have a M009S Blue LED, option 2 works but I don't have sound.
* Blue LED 1.2.3 uses another audiodriver, it's option 7
I have a M009S Blue LED, option 2 works but I can't use the touchscreen
* There seems to be models around that have a different TS driver, a uor_615, use the TS script fix version
Download: HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - Index page
Last edited by RomanticEvil; 05-15-2011 at 01:02 PM.
For more info about HowTo mod the FlyTouch / ePad generic roms please visit my website @ http://hch.net.tc/
, registration is free !
SmartQ7 owners, upgrade to Uberoid for SmartQ7, an overclocked, fixed, tweaked, expanded Android 2.2
Eken M006 (128MB) owners, it's finally made! A rooted/modded/updated version of WMT2.0v0915, grab it fast!
05-15-2011 12:57 PM
$112.90 - 8" Touch Screen LCD Google Android 2.2 Tablet PC w/ WiFi/Camera/TF (ARM V5 299MHz) - Laptop Gadgets
i have this.
ive tried option 5 and 11. now it wont boot. someone PLEASE help me. ill be forever thankful if someone helps
Last week i bought the ILC 7" tablet at the Kijkshop in the Netherlands. Its a WM8650 based tablet with wifi. Currently it's running android 2.2, but without the calendar sync and contact sync.
Does anyone have experience updating this tablet with Honeycomb?
It may be the same as the Intertoys NL tablet. Any advise would be welcome.
is this rom good for this tablet?
- 7 inch
- green led
- red led while charging
- black audio jack
- vibrates at start up
- no 2point touch
- on the box "IROBOT"
- 4gb internal memory
- android 2.2
code CEM8650705 based on wm8650.
Last edited by fs21; 08-25-2011 at 09:37 AM.
I have a 7" E PAD MID Google Android 2.3. with a infotmic IMAPx210( 1G HZ) processor.
Can I use this to update my tablet?
I have a mid0703 i think. Im using uberoid but my battery indicator is stuck at 100%. how can i fix this? Also my su binary is in /sbin and wont update. Is there a way to move it so it will update if so canyou help me please.
Sent from my WM8650 using Android Tablet Forum
I'm a cautious person and want to backup my ROM per the FAQ above. I haven't been able to do that, could someone give me some assistance in that direction. Mostly I find that I need to root my system, I'm not averse to that, but the only instructions I've found for rooting this device say "Install an alternate ROM like UBEROID." Again that's my goal, I just want a backup first preparing for the worst case scenario.
Originally Posted by RomanticEvil
I have a 7 inch green LED (red when charging), no vibration, resistive touch (2 point), black headphone jack, external USB/Ethernet, user facing camera, model WonderMedia WM8650 VT1609, kernel 18.104.22.168-default, build generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.5-20110920.43830
A link to some instructions would be great!
Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Last edited by rcm; 03-03-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Reason: Added detail info.