Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Zeki and Google Play

Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points 31 days registered 500 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Zeki 7" TB782B
    I got the Gmail app to work on my zeki w/o flashing. The app seems to be working fine. I even rebooted the Zeki and its still working. After downloading the Gmail app from 1mobilemarket I would get an error message that gmail stopped working. I noticed a sync button would appear but then the error message would gray it out. So I timed it so that when the app opens I can hit the sync button before the app would close and since doing that, the gmail app is working and I was even able to add more gmail accounts.

I try to attach a screen shot of the app.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Zeki 7"
    I got the 1mobile market installed. Looks great. It immediately saw all my apps with newer versions. Ok, so my Zeki only allowed about 1/4 of those updates to be installed, but I'm happy. I did not actually see the google play app but have several subsets. There was a GP shortcut app, but it didn't like me lol. I did vet Google Library and even a Kindle app. Highly recommended app store.

Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points 31 days registered 500 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Zeki 7" TB782B
    Quote Originally Posted by zaivala View Post
    I got the 1mobile market installed. Looks great. It immediately saw all my apps with newer versions. Ok, so my Zeki only allowed about 1/4 of those updates to be installed, but I'm happy. I did not actually see the google play app but have several subsets. There was a GP shortcut app, but it didn't like me lol. I did vet Google Library and even a Kindle app. Highly recommended app store.
    I found that my apps not updating with 1mobile because they were originally installed with Amazon Market. I uninstalled the apps and reinstalled with 1mobile and the apps re-installed/updated with no problems. If you decide to uninstall, I would recommend backing up if you have the option so you don't lose progress or settings. However, check the app version to make sure that 1mobile is a higher version than Amazon Market.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Zeki 7"
    1mobilemarket reports the version numbers, so yes, they are higher versions. However, I've noticed the same problem with Amazon-downloaded apps -- it reports a newer version, but something in the apk file tells the Zeki it's already installed. As I said, somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of the apps I upgrade through 1mobilemarket DO update. Thank you so much for the link to this market.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Zeki 7" TB782B
    Here is an update on whats happening after installing some google apps from 1mobile market.

1. Gmail app still working and syncing fine with no issues.
    2. Google+ would sign in but not allow circle updates and said to retry connection
    3. Calendar would work but not allow syncing in setting>apps and sometimes would get error message to enable google play services
    4. Youtube would work but not allow sign-in saying I also need google play services even though it was already installed (side-loading).

I side-loaded the most recent Google play services from XDA site but errors still appeared. I also side-loaded Google play store from XDA, I can now see my Zeki on the google play website but cannot install via website due to error message on tablet but whats happening now is not what I expected.

Google Play store does not works and forces close, however with having Google play installed this is what has changed

5.Google+ allows has no connection retry message, circles are updating and even allows video hangouts
    6.Google Calendar allows syncing and no google play services update message
    7.Youtube allows sign-in and I no longer get google play services update message.

So far Im pleased to have google applications working without needing to flash. If you know how or what apk to sideload so the google play store stops forcing close would be a nice bonus but if not no biggie as The apps are still working just fine without the play store.

Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Coby MID7024
    Quote Originally Posted by uscanst56 View Post
    I had the market sideloaded and working but now it won't authenticate. Anyone else?

Sent from my TB782B using Tapatalk 2
    This sounds great but I have the newer Zeki TBD753B. Any advice for me to get Google Play up and running?

Member #
    Device
    ZEKI
    Was it easy to add the Google App Store and what does "no need root ~ xda-developers" mean? Thanx!

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Zeki 7" TB782B
    I was able to get Google Play installed on my Zeki. The tablet was already rooted but I did not have to do any flashing as noted in other forums, Why I'm unsure-but its working and I'm excited. After reading multiple forums I came across one stating to move the play store to the system apps and not to downloaded apps. Once I granted ES Explorer Superuser permission it allowed me to add the google play APK to the system apps. I then restarted and opened the Play store. I was able to update some apps and I also checked the Play store on the PC and there were check marks on compatible apps.

Still loving my Zeki!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads: