Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thread: Dialer *

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    WowPad

Unhappy Dialer *

My pad works great but noticed that a thing named "Dialer *" is eating 80-90% of my battery usage and wondering how to get rid of it, or turn it off..

It says something like
    Usage:
    Dialer * - 84%
    Time - 5 hours 39 minutes
    Connected - 0%

I presume it's something to do with a phone, which obviously it isn't and why it's never connected to anything..

And on a sundry note, how do you remove keyboards / ime's ? I have 5 on it and all are third-party and non of them I can actually read as they are Russian, Chinese, etc..

But yes, if anyone can tell me how to disable that dialer thing I would be very grateful.
    Last edited by Merovingian; 01-06-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    put your tablet into Airplane mode and then individually turn back on wifi and/or bluetooth. this is the easiest and safest way.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    WowPad
    I'm not sure how to do that.. I've read through the instructions manual, but nothing says anything about an airplane mode

//edit//

Downloaded a widget from the market, worked great, thanks.
    Last edited by Merovingian; 01-06-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    10" WowPad - ARM 1Ghz - 256MB RAM - 2GB NAND
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I'm not sure how to do that.. I've read through the instructions manual, but nothing says anything about an airplane mode

//edit//

Downloaded a widget from the market, worked great, thanks.
    Typically when you shut off Anrdoid (press and hold the power button) it should give you options to shut off, go into airplane mode, etc, etc.

However the Tablet I have, does not display this when I push and hold down on the power button.

Member #
    Device
    WowPad
    Quote Originally Posted by elister View Post
    Typically when you shut off Anrdoid (press and hold the power button) it should give you options to shut off, go into airplane mode, etc, etc.

However the Tablet I have, does not display this when I push and hold down on the power button.
    No, neither does mine, just turns off the screen or the option to turn off completely

1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Ordered Gpad G10
    Which widget did you use? I downloaded one that stopped the phone app, but not the dialer. I don't want to delete, rename, or freeze the dialer in case it might contribute to green screen hangups.

Member #
    Device
    WowPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Farang View Post
    Which widget did you use? I downloaded one that stopped the phone app, but not the dialer. I don't want to delete, rename, or freeze the dialer in case it might contribute to green screen hangups.
    It was called "Airplane Widget"

But when I checked last night it's still got the "Cell Standby" eating up 82% of the battery, but it has slowed the battery consumption a little.

//edit//
    I want to get rid of it all together as it's a tablet and wont ever be used as a phone..

Member #
    Device
    WowPad
    Sorry to bump but "Dialer *" has now changed to "Cell Standby" and uses the same 70% battery...

And since the software updated I've now lost my GPS function.

Ads: